Author Topic: Bitshares is bleeding for a long time, should not we do something ?  (Read 9003 times)

Offline davidpbrown

What's sad is that the marketing department is dead again (at the exception of Max)... we have to find new users

Are you kidding me? Did you even read the last NullStreet update? Did you even see the trifolder handout that was put out just last week?

Probably not kidding. If you want to get new users, you have to do more than a trifold handout! That handout had zero impact on me and I expect most others. Sure it's useful but it's trivial. Sometimes it isn't about working hard but working smart. Go where the money is and make sure they know what is unique about BitShares.

If you want to get new users, you need focus that others can leverage. Let other people do the work for you.. because they want to and because you've made it easy for them to pass the message on. One place that hammers home the *unique* points about BitShares.. plaster that over the top of the forum, so there is no doubt. More of the same detail, people do not need. Keep pushing that single source of information, until it is ubiquitous.. until everyone is bored to death with it. Currently BitShares appears too complex and there are too many directions to push in.

Make buying bitUSD snappy and default in the clients, expecting that people will want that about everything else... or look to leveraging the DEX and make that the single point.. push for people to burn their LTC into BTS instead.

Community matters.. pay attention to reddit/r/bitshares and beyond.

Frankly I think the mistake could be that there's too much focus on the price, at a time when the price should not matter. Get the product working and the client fast and snappy, then sell it hard and wonder about how the price is rising.

Ye olde blitzkrieg tactic works in marketing too.. all push one point hard and the effect is more than otherwise possible. Imagine if we all spent a week in Bitcointalk instead of navel gazing.. I expect there are better ideas than that too.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

What's sad is that the marketing department is dead again (at the exception of Max)... we have to find new users

Are you kidding me? Did you even read the last NullStreet update? Did you even see the trifolder handout that was put out just last week?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jckj

• View Profile
Bts lacke some killer apps. Btser hold bts beceause they like bts to have something unsual btter than btc. But bts has lost these for the last year,  and whole decision hurt the btser belives. Will these will be changed for bter dirctions will decid the whole bts's living or death.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
I have to believe that eventually things will turn around, especially if we keep innovating and getting better. The market should gravitate to the best solution. As long as BM and the devs  keep innovating we win.
My 2 cents.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The dilution rate is lower than that of Bitcoin, and can actually be focused toward more useful contributions than mining.  If the transition to dilution is a major factor in the market cap dropping, I think it's a result of the way the change was handled, not a response to the change itself.  Thus, reversing it could just scramble things even more.  If you want to get rid of dilution without further disrupting the system, I suggest running and voting for low or zero pay delegates.

The ecosystem of BTC do not get delegate pay from the btc blockchain and we also can see the ecosystem is growing quickly.

At present ,the dilution solution is like one big stone binding with BTS ,and make it sinking.

What should we do? just watching and waiting for something big of surprise to change the whole situation ?

so why do you think dilution is the reason of the falling price? if you calculate the created BTS it is irrelevant.

We can find multiple reasons why we are "bleeding"

1. Crypto is in a Bearmarket - so not only BitShares is losing market value
2. Many promises in the past were hot air (remember Brian Page and Bytemaster saying that On-Off-Ramps are really close?)
3. Absent of any "official" in this forum - as their conclusing they are causing this bleeding
4. For outsiders it looks like - not much happens here in BitShares, because no place organise this stuff

you can easily add more reasons.....

but the question should be "what did i do to change something?"

1. Did i spoke to someone over BitShares?
2. Did i traded internally?
3. Did i write something on the forum and be a active member of the community

etc.

the problem with "dilution" is, that anyone is thinking, that now we have X 100% paid delegates. They will do all the work and i have just to sit and watch. WRONG!!!!
Well said ...
but in contrast to btc .. where people HAVE to volumteer we can give people something back to them ..

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Did you own bitcoin when it went from $30 down to less than $2?  I did. But I didn't sell. I bought.  Later, I did sell (for over $800 per BTC) and put it all into AGS.

I believe that I made the right choices.

+5% I bought Bitcoin in 2011 at $20 and also held for the entirety of that bear market. I haven't gone 100% BTS but certainly have the same good feeling I had about Bitcoin back then.

We will say "I bought BTS under $0.01 and never sold in bear market" when BTS is at $1 8)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Did you own bitcoin when it went from $30 down to less than $2?  I did. But I didn't sell. I bought.  Later, I did sell (for over $800 per BTC) and put it all into AGS.

+5% I bought Bitcoin in 2011 at $20 and also held for the entirety of that bear market. I haven't gone 100% BTS but certainly have the same good feeling I had about Bitcoin back then.

Offline Overthetop

As an investor , personally I would hold my bts as long as the BTS is growing.

My opinion about End Dilution is some kind of discussion about how to make the situation get improved.

Could it possible that we find some VC and make certain portion of directional add-issuance like 10% to them? 

So, we could not only stop continuous and scattered  dilution to the market but also get the funds from VC.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:12:10 am by Overthetop »
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Before the massive adoption , the shortage of BitCNY already begun .
Now www.tradebts.com is charging additional fees for buying BitCNY as a temporary solution .
Many people who want to buy BitCNY to cover their shorts still worrying ...
Also business who is looking to adopt BitCNY would be stuck at the bottleneck .

Looks like we have demand for our major product , and the supply is not enough ....

But also because of the low price and may be some endopathic mechanism, people don't have big incentive to produce more BitCNY  .....

This issue need to be address more than dilution at this point .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
The dilution rate is lower than that of Bitcoin, and can actually be focused toward more useful contributions than mining.  If the transition to dilution is a major factor in the market cap dropping, I think it's a result of the way the change was handled, not a response to the change itself.  Thus, reversing it could just scramble things even more.  If you want to get rid of dilution without further disrupting the system, I suggest running and voting for low or zero pay delegates.

The ecosystem of BTC do not get delegate pay from the btc blockchain and we also can see the ecosystem is growing quickly.

At present ,the dilution solution is like one big stone binding with BTS ,and make it sinking.

What should we do? just watching and waiting for something big of surprise to change the whole situation ?

so why do you think dilution is the reason of the falling price? if you calculate the created BTS it is irrelevant.

We can find multiple reasons why we are "bleeding"

1. Crypto is in a Bearmarket - so not only BitShares is losing market value
2. Many promises in the past were hot air (remember Brian Page and Bytemaster saying that On-Off-Ramps are really close?)
3. Absent of any "official" in this forum - as their conclusing they are causing this bleeding
4. For outsiders it looks like - not much happens here in BitShares, because no place organise this stuff

you can easily add more reasons.....

but the question should be "what did i do to change something?"

1. Did i spoke to someone over BitShares?
2. Did i traded internally?
3. Did i write something on the forum and be a active member of the community

etc.

the problem with "dilution" is, that anyone is thinking, that now we have X 100% paid delegates. They will do all the work and i have just to sit and watch. WRONG!!!!

Offline onceuponatime

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline bytemaster

+1   How it was handled scared people.   The network allows existing stake holders to control this and it could be ended at any time.   Fact of the matter is that more dilution would do more to help than hurt at this point.   Most of the developers have no need to SELL 100% of their BTS income but they should receive BTS worth a fair market value.    This would create little additional sell pressure (from devs) but would create much additional motivation for devs.   That said, any change would be harmful in the short term.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
If you want to get rid of dilution without further disrupting the system, I suggest running and voting for low or zero pay delegates.

Well said.  +5% +5% +5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop