Author Topic: TITAN - NO TITAN AND TRANSACTIONS  (Read 1291 times)

Offline svk

Atm if you use a titan account, noone knows tour balances. Your step of transferring to a no-titan account serves no purpose, just transfer the bitusd directly from your titan account.

AFAIK the default behavior of a titan account is better privacy than what you describe with bitcoin.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
For more privacy, use addresses instead of account names.
TITAN account is also track-able in some cases.

Not sure I understand what you mean use addresses instead of account names...Isn't each address an account name and vice versa?

In April 2013 when I first heard about bitcoin, it took me 10 minutes to understand how bitcoin works, how I can check the transaction on the blockchain, that one should use different addresses all the time, how one can give up his privacy and how people can link the person with his addresses, how we generate different addresses in the QT wallet etc etc...After 1 year I can't still answer these basic questions about Bitshares. So there is something wrong here...

If we are still in the beginning of the development stage that GUI doesn't allow to send funds one to the other without knowing our balances, fair enough but can someone please clarify that this is the case?

To rephrase. I am a customer and want to pay for a reservation in a hotel in bitusd. Can someone write down the steps to do that using the GUI?

I have my account name and the hotel's account name.
Do I need to do something that can hide my balance?
Do I need to generate another address send funds and make the payment to the hotel? If so how I generate a new address in GUI?
Is my balance shown on the blockchain?
Where is the blockchain?
When I place bid, ask, short orders on the GUI are my balances known by everyone? How do I see this information?
etc etc...

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
For more privacy, use addresses instead of account names.
TITAN account is also track-able in some cases.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I want to pay for a hotel reservation in bitusd. I don't want everyone to know the balance of my accounts. How do I do that with the current GUI?

I assume that I have to send from a TITAN account the funds to a No TITAN account and make the payment to the hotel from the NO TITAN account. All that the other party could see is that he has received the funds from an account linked with me but he won't be able to trace back all my transactions and find out all my balances.Is this correct?

As far as I know when I create a new account it is NO TITAN. When I send funds to this account from whichever account to register it everyone can see my transactions and balances?

Basically I am after some basic instructions on how to make payments with the current GUI without everyone knows my balances. What steps do I have to take to have some privacy. Can someone please describe detailed steps to have privacy?