Author Topic: The Bitshares ecosystem provides a magical user experience  (Read 7286 times)

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Just a quick update: at the request of mastercard, Net+ cards don't work with money transferred into neteller with bitcoin. Apparently "my" EUR on neteller account is different than some other EUR based on their origin. Those centralized institutions are destroying the fungibility of money.

Offline yellowecho

never had any problems with the client except for some syncing problems - which you can easily fix by manually adding some nodes.

I rarely have issues either (besides the recent 0.8.0a update) but after reading other threads there seems to be a lot of people with old machines that can't handle the client.. getting the webwallet and liteclient in a good place with functioning markets would increase liquidity from these folks.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
The client is not the problem here, liquidity is.

Well if a lot of users can't trade using the client (for whatever reason) then their funds are locked and it hurts liquidity.  So it could be both.

never had any problems with the client except for some syncing problems - which you can easily fix by manually adding some nodes.

Offline yellowecho

Well if a lot of users can't trade using the client (for whatever reason) then their funds are locked and it hurts liquidity.  So it could be both.

Offline yellowecho

I saw people with substantial amount of wealth using Windows XP , 2GB ram computer , he simply don't want to keep up with the trend of upgrading .

These types of people are my clients.  Dumbasses using InternetExplorer8 and refuse to upgrade and complain when their tech doesn't work.  The truth is they have to upgrade eventually or the internet just won't work well for them.  HTML5 is a standard now and their computers aren't even capable of supporting that.

With BitShares they'll have to rely on using the web wallet and possibly the lightweight client but the standard client will probably never work with 2GB RAM.

Offline triox

• View Profile
This is so true, soon as everyone has a client they enjoy, we can all convert our BTC to bitBTC and our fiat savings to bitFiat which would raise the cap by several million alone. In fact, soon as we got multiple wallets and multi-sig I think we will all feel more secure in doing just this - at least I would.

I love the original posting in this thread. Right on. I also want to highlight CLains' statement above. Once everyone is comfortable with the client, the importance of this bitBTC holding cannot be ignored.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This is so true, soon as everyone has a client they enjoy, we can all convert our BTC to bitBTC and our fiat savings to bitFiat which would raise the cap by several million alone. In fact, soon as we got multiple wallets and multi-sig I think we will all feel more secure in doing just this - at least I would.

I love the original posting in this thread. Right on. I also want to highlight CLains' statement above. Once everyone is comfortable with the client, the importance of this bitBTC holding cannot be ignored.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Once you're used to the transaction speed in BitShares it's really scary to go back to using other cryptos!
I was moving a fairly large value in another system (naming no names) and it was stressful - I was waiting for transaction confirmation and it just felt like something had fucked up.

Adopting BitShares is a bit like moving from standard definition T.V. to high definition - "Oh, this is good!"
Then when you're accustomed to H.D., if you ever use S.D. again you think, "Oh my word! What is this shit!?"

I know the feeling!  The other crypto's user experience sucks every time I need to move BTC I wonder why we are not getting more adoption!   We know what the experience needs to be and it is just a matter of getting the wallet to be light and lower resource.   

also there are a lot of Windows XP users in the real world ...the current  BTS wallet bans those people from using it properly .......

I saw people with substantial amount of wealth using Windows XP , 2GB ram computer , he simply don't want to keep up with the trend of upgrading .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline bytemaster

Once you're used to the transaction speed in BitShares it's really scary to go back to using other cryptos!
I was moving a fairly large value in another system (naming no names) and it was stressful - I was waiting for transaction confirmation and it just felt like something had fucked up.

Adopting BitShares is a bit like moving from standard definition T.V. to high definition - "Oh, this is good!"
Then when you're accustomed to H.D., if you ever use S.D. again you think, "Oh my word! What is this shit!?"

I know the feeling!  The other crypto's user experience sucks every time I need to move BTC I wonder why we are not getting more adoption!   We know what the experience needs to be and it is just a matter of getting the wallet to be light and lower resource.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

+5%

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline triox

• View Profile
Translating to Chinese as we speak .

By the way , when you pay BitUSD to your prepaid card through Shapeshift , is it being converted into BTC ?

My Neteller account is denominated in EUR and Neteller recently added Bitcoin integration through BitPay. I chose to top up the account with 50 EUR and the BitPay checkout page showed up with a request for 0.213399 BTC. I have a shapeshift lens plugin in my browser (going directly to shapeshift.io or metaexchange works too) and it said to send 56.7246 BitUSD which is indeed roughly equivalent to 50 EUR. Now if the EUR withdrawal from ATM is actually free then it's really a fantastically cheap way of cashing out crypto.
I used to move a lot of small sums between currencies back in my poker playing days and there always was a 2% cut in every step between a poker room and the ATM or the bank account. Cryptocurrencies plus all the on/off ramps are game changers in that regard. Now if only bitAssets had better liquidity, the Bitshares ecosystem would be best suited to capitalize on that.

Offline fuzzy

Awesome post and couldn't agree more  +5%.

I'm completely hooked using the internal exchange now, yes it's a little clunky but the fact that I can execute trades and have them confirmed in 10seconds is amazing. Also just look at some of the work being done by Cass on the UI! http://i.imgur.com/eC0UVnx.png

if cass was a women, I would marry him ;-)

Can I download this theme now?

Not it's just a mock-up for a future 'dark theme' option.

Such a badass...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I vote to keep cass in the team forever :)

Offline yellowecho

Awesome post and couldn't agree more  +5%.

I'm completely hooked using the internal exchange now, yes it's a little clunky but the fact that I can execute trades and have them confirmed in 10seconds is amazing. Also just look at some of the work being done by Cass on the UI! http://i.imgur.com/eC0UVnx.png

if cass was a women, I would marry him ;-)

Can I download this theme now?

Not it's just a mock-up for a future 'dark theme' option.