Author Topic: How to setup rpc on a mac?  (Read 2184 times)

Offline kaibakker

Thanks toast!

Approved :)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You need to build it yourself. It's not that hard if you were already willing to use linux CLI

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/blob/master/BUILD_OSX.md

You could also run linux cli version on a vps and expose it via the internet if you reaaally don't want to build it
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline kaibakker

Hey Bitshares forum members!

Is there something wrong with my question? Is it unclear? I am trying to do cool (opensource) stuff with BitShares for the community to profit! If there is no one willing to help me by answering simple questions, developers will never come to build upon the bitshares platform.

I think there are a lot of questions unanswered on the bitshares forum, it would be great if we took a little bit of time to help each other out.

Offline kaibakker

Thanks for your reply mdj,
but I am more interested in which program I should download?
The mac-gui, the linux command line or do I have to build bitshares myself?
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:48:17 pm by kaibakker »

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
You can set the RPC settings in the config.json file (on a mac that is under <User>/Library/Application Support/Bitshares.

If you can't see Library, right click and select to show it as it may be hidden.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/API

Offline kaibakker

Someone Should have experience With this right?

Offline kaibakker

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to setup the bitshares-rpc on my mac. Is it possible to do this with the bitshares gui for mac. or can i use one of the linux versions?

I don't wan't to build it myself.

Thanks