Author Topic: Staff Meeting Notes - Monday, April 6, 2015  (Read 5540 times)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I'll stop by and say hi to you guys hopefully before September. Seems like a good time.

Offline betax

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This includes hours of off-camera interviews where Bytemaster has given them insights about what is coming later this year.  They are not allowed to disclose that information, of course, but they are free to tell you their general impressions and personal levels of interest in what is going on at Bytemaster Labs.
:-\

I'd love to hear/see/read about their impressions

+5% any shareholder, in any company, in this situation, would always want an insight.

"In many ways this is the strongest the team has been. The only thing worse off is the share price."
-Vikram

Visiting the BitShares guys in Blacksburg was a real treat. When we first arrived into town, we drove the BTS mobile over to the office in a business complex owned by Virginia Tech. Stan greeted us outside the building and we followed into an office building that seemed to serve a start-up incubator, with many companies represented. We entered the BitShares HQ into a space with a small conference setup. Nathan, Valantine, Vikram, and Ben had their desks positioned in each corner around four tables arranged as a round table. The Follow  my Vote crew and Dan each have a small office off this space. The team consolidated into this room in a move of frugality to reduce costs incurred from using the offices accessible from the main space. A discussion around the tables followed, where we proceded to learn a little about the internal project road map and float ideas out in a free flowing brainstorm session. At some point Dan went into some details regarding efficiency improvements to the code that they have been experimenting with, some of the problems with multi sig, and other interesting topics. The devs wove snippets into the conversation as they worked intently from their desks. Sometime around 1 PM Stan came in with a boatload of pizzas and we all happily proceeded to devour it.

Stan put us up in a nearby hotel for next 7 days, and we proceeded to come to the office each day to work alongside the team; the Bitscape guys cycled through interviewing devs at their availability. I made some more in roads on the wikipedia page and got some feedback from Nathan. We many of the evenings meeting up with various members from the team for dinner, beer, or just to hang out and have some tea. Some events from the week were going to a BitShares meetup at NuSpark, and visiting the town of Floyd in search of a local spring and finding a local shop owner with Floydian scrip, a local currency. She seemed quite interested in BitShares!

We also partook in a tasty BBQ out on the Larimer compound. Pam makes a delicious potato salad. We enjoyed some more "talking shop" as Stan phrased it, soaking up some sunlight and knowledge.

The experience has impressed upon me that these guys have been working tirelessly to continue the pursuit of innovations that will make BitShares highly scalable, predictable, quick, and competitive.

"Most cryptocurrency projects are just blockchain toys, and none of the projects out there can scale to the transactional loads of banks if they were approached today."
-Bytemaster

"We are positioning BitShares to be the industrial blockchain."
-Nathan

Disclaimer: these quotes are approximations of what I overheard a week ago. They may not be exactly verbatim but they still convey the essence of the quote. :)
Thank you very much for posting your impressions ..

I wich I can visit you guys too .. some day

Offline robrigo

This includes hours of off-camera interviews where Bytemaster has given them insights about what is coming later this year.  They are not allowed to disclose that information, of course, but they are free to tell you their general impressions and personal levels of interest in what is going on at Bytemaster Labs.

+5% any shareholder, in any company, in this situation, would always want an insight.

"In many ways this is the strongest the team has been. The only thing worse off is the share price."
-Vikram

Visiting the BitShares guys in Blacksburg was a real treat. When we first arrived into town, we drove the BTS mobile over to the office in a business complex owned by Virginia Tech. Stan greeted us outside the building and we followed into an office building that seemed to serve a start-up incubator, with many companies represented. We entered the BitShares HQ into a space with a small conference setup. Nathan, Valantine, Vikram, and Ben had their desks positioned in each corner around four tables arranged as a round table. The Follow  my Vote crew and Dan each have a small office off this space. The team consolidated into this room in a move of frugality to reduce costs incurred from using the offices accessible from the main space. A discussion around the tables followed, where we proceded to learn a little about the internal project road map and float ideas out in a free flowing brainstorm session. At some point Dan went into some details regarding efficiency improvements to the code that they have been experimenting with, some of the problems with multi sig, and other interesting topics. The devs wove snippets into the conversation as they worked intently from their desks. Sometime around 1 PM Stan came in with a boatload of pizzas and we all happily proceeded to devour it.

Stan put us up in a nearby hotel for next 7 days, and we proceeded to come to the office each day to work alongside the team; the Bitscape guys cycled through interviewing devs at their availability. I made some more in roads on the wikipedia page and got some feedback from Nathan. We many of the evenings meeting up with various members from the team for dinner, beer, or just to hang out and have some tea. Some events from the week were going to a BitShares meetup at NuSpark, and visiting the town of Floyd in search of a local spring and finding a local shop owner with Floydian scrip, a local currency. She seemed quite interested in BitShares!

We also partook in a tasty BBQ out on the Larimer compound. Pam makes a delicious potato salad. We enjoyed some more "talking shop" as Stan phrased it, soaking up some sunlight and knowledge.

The experience has impressed upon me that these guys have been working tirelessly to continue the pursuit of innovations that will make BitShares highly scalable, predictable, quick, and competitive.

"Most cryptocurrency projects are just blockchain toys, and none of the projects out there can scale to the transactional loads of banks if they were approached today."
-Bytemaster

"We are positioning BitShares to be the industrial blockchain."
-Nathan

Disclaimer: these quotes are approximations of what I overheard a week ago. They may not be exactly verbatim but they still convey the essence of the quote. :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:29:54 pm by robrigo »

Offline betax

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

But of course.

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
比特股是一次社会实践,也是一次长途跋涉,我们充满热情、细心仔细、不厌其烦的通过一个方向来定位另一方向,直到抵达圣地。

没有什么方向是正确的,也没有什么方向是错误的,只有实践了的方向和未实践的方向。
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
For the record: 
BitShares Barbecue and Possum Roast Attendees

When hard forks just aren't enough!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:29:34 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Anyone who donated when BitShares was a collection of arguments, insights and visions know the level of innovation at work. In hindsight the innovations may seem obvious, but when you see it live you realize it's a unique ability. Now that we've seen it backed up by honesty, intelligence and practical ability, there is no doubt in my mind that BitShares will be one of the main driving forces of the blockchain era.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Its good that they are not allowed to tell us these secrets, because then we would buy on the hype and be disappointed later when the features were delayed and came out 5 months later than we were told. :P

Precisely why they must remain secrets.   :)

All we can do is hint, better yet "foreshadow", that we have much bigger plans that we are confident we can achieve and are as committed to them as ever.  (And no, we are not going to tell the competition about them in advance any more.)

Some may choose to discount such hints.  That's ok.  But we still feel obligated to provide them for the benefit of those who do find them useful.  Should we really hide knowledge that we we feel we are in a much stronger position than we were last year?  That we get up every day eager to get back to work?  That we can't sleep at night thinking about it?  That our wives won't go to dinner with the team any more because that's all we talk about?

So we have a duty to the "glass is half full" folks to get that message out. Even the loyal but cynical "half empty" crowd wouldn't really want us to go completely dark and leave the impression that nothing is happening, would you?

Anyway, we are siding with the optimists.   "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

+5%  +5%  +5%
With our words, create our own reality.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Its good that they are not allowed to tell us these secrets, because then we would buy on the hype and be disappointed later when the features were delayed and came out 5 months later than we were told. :P

Precisely why they must remain secrets.   :)

All we can do is hint, better yet "foreshadow", that we have much bigger plans that we are confident we can achieve and are as committed to them as ever.  (And no, we are not going to tell the competition about them in advance any more.)

Some may choose to discount such hints.  That's ok.  But we still feel obligated to provide them for the benefit of those who do find them useful.  Should we really hide knowledge that we we feel we are in a much stronger position than we were last year?  That we get up every day eager to get back to work?  That we can't sleep at night thinking about it?  That our wives won't go to dinner with the team any more because that's all we talk about?

So we have a duty to the "glass is half full" folks to get that message out. Even the loyal but cynical "half empty" crowd wouldn't really want us to go completely dark and leave the impression that nothing is happening, would you?

Anyway, we are siding with the optimists.   "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Also , even if the function can be delivered on time , there is no guarantee that good technology + good function = good price ....
crazy buying at good news is not a good move .
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:51:19 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander