Author Topic: BitShares wont launch!  (Read 2567 times)

Offline oakmaster

I hear you I haven't been able to use the wallet since BitsharesX to Bitshares so out of 100 times trying open maybe I was able to use it 10 times so I deleted everything 50 times had to wait hrs for blocks to sync and I see a bunch of ppl complaining about it wonder why it isn't fixed
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:11:46 pm by oakmaster »

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I do have the same issue. Haven't been able to use the client since I installed 0.8 on windows 7.

I have tried everything I know can be done, from renaming the peer file, deleting everything from appdata except wallet and reinstalling the software and even make a backup of the wallet, delete everything in appdata, reinstall the client and try to open it on an empty wallet. Nothing works. Always the same error message preventing me from starting the software.

Guess I'll have to wait for another version to make it work.

Edit: Also tried to restart the computer after it crashed at every new attempt to make it work.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:29:32 pm by Chuckone »

Offline mint chocolate chip

After it crashes, try restarting your computer, that works for me. When you load the program, do not multi-task other stuff like browsers etc until the program is fully loaded.

Offline C_Foster

• View Profile
Deleting the files hasn't worked  :'( . But I dont really have an alternate machine to install on.... :(

Offline pendragon3

I encountered a similar problem. What seemed to work was installing on a second (older) machine, syncing, and then copying the entire bitshares folder from the older machine over to the first one.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Go %Appdata%/Bitshares and delete everything EXCEPT wallet folder. Then try again.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline C_Foster

• View Profile
I am using windows 8.1 and downloaded v 0.8.0 but I have tried to install older clients with no luck.

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
What version of Windows are you using? What version BitShares client do you have installed?

Offline yellowecho

I don't have Windows so unfortunately I cannot help but hopefully others will chime in soon.  In the meantime, you can use the web client here:  https://wallet.bitshares.org
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline C_Foster

• View Profile
I'm having trouble launching the windows program. I have installed and everything seems to have gone fine. But I reach the final installation page and I try to launch it off of that or separately and I get and I always get an error that says "An error has occurred while starting the program. Please try to restart the application." Which I try but still no luck.