Author Topic: Problem importing BTC wallet  (Read 3055 times)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
For clarification, do I paste this in the other tab "Import WIF Key", and do I need to have "Rescan Blockchain" checked?
yup and yup
Also in the exported key file from Multibit, it does not have any private key that begins with a "5...". It is more of the form shown in this link that testz provided...
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_exportingPrivateKeys.html
So in the example on that page, would I be using a key like the "Labc123abc123abc123abc123abc123abc123abc123abc123abc 2013-01-01T12:00:00Z" shown?
Seems to be in uncompressed format .. should work though ..
This worked! For noting, I had to remove the date structure at the tail end of the line on which the key was given, otherwise a parse error occurred. Thanks for your help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
For clarification, do I paste this in the other tab "Import WIF Key", and do I need to have "Rescan Blockchain" checked?
yup and yup
Also in the exported key file from Multibit, it does not have any private key that begins with a "5...". It is more of the form shown in this link that testz provided...
So in the example on that page, would I be using a key like the "Labc123abc123abc123abc123abc123abc123abc123abc123abc 2013-01-01T12:00:00Z" shown?
Seems to be in uncompressed format .. should work though ..

Offline starspirit

• View Profile
I'm currently trying to import the BTC wallet from which I purchased NOTES in the pre-sale, but I'm getting an error. Not sure if I'm doing it all correctly.

My understanding is this.
I go into Keys - Import Keys from Wallet in the client.
I select Wallet Type Bitcoin/PTS.
I use the Select File button to locate my wallet. Now in my case it was a Multibit wallet, and the Wallet Path comes up (on MAC) as :
    /Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/MultiBit/Notes.wallet
I enter my Multibit Wallet Password.
When I hit Import Wallet, I get the following error:

"Error
Db::open: Invalid argument (13) Db::open: Invalid argument:"

I have no problem accessing my wallet in the Multibit client.
Ideas?

You can't import MultiBit wallet directly, you should export private key from MultiBit wallet manually and import this key into BitShares wallet.

You should export key from MultiBit without password:
I've now tried this and I get the same error.
The exported key file (without password) saved as Notes.key, which by default is a Keynote document.
Then I pointed the Wallet Path to this file and when I try Import Wallet I get the same error.
I tried various things like changing it to a .txt or .dat file, and also deleting all the comment lines inside the file, to see what difference it might make.
But I keep getting exactly the same error as before.
You can't import the file ... the client doesn't know the syntax .. but you can import the private keys (manually) directly:

1) create a new empty account
2) click the account
3) to to the tab "keys"
4) paste the private key manually .. you can identify private keys as they usually start with "5........"
5) press "import" (or so) ..
6) repeat 4 to 6 for all private keys that hold NOTES

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm currently trying to import the BTC wallet from which I purchased NOTES in the pre-sale, but I'm getting an error. Not sure if I'm doing it all correctly.

I use the Select File button to locate my wallet. Now in my case it was a Multibit wallet, and the Wallet Path comes up (on MAC) as :

"Error

Ideas?

You can't import MultiBit wallet directly, you should export private key from MultiBit wallet manually and import this key into BitShares wallet.

The exported key file (without password) saved as Notes.key, which by default is a Keynote document.
Then I pointed the Wallet Path to this file and when I try Import Wallet I get the same error.
I tried various things like changing it to a .txt or .dat file, and also deleting all the comment lines inside the file, to see what difference it might make.
You can't import the file ... the client doesn't know the syntax .. but you can import the private keys (manually) directly:

1) create a new empty account
2) click the account
3) to to the tab "keys"
4) paste the private key manually .. you can identify private keys as they usually start with "5........"
5) press "import" (or so) ..
6) repeat 4 to 6 for all private keys that hold NOTES

Offline starspirit

• View Profile

"Error

Ideas?

Offline testz

"Error

Ideas?

Offline starspirit

• View Profile

"Error

Ideas?