Author Topic: MineBitShares Delegate Support  (Read 1831 times)

TurkeyLeg

^^ thanks sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline onceuponatime

Don't have my client available at work...what is the delegate ranking today?

81   minebitshares-reloaded
Version: 0.8.1
9.71%

TurkeyLeg

Don't have my client available at work...what is the delegate ranking today?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
buuuuUUUuUUUuuUUUUmp

Offline fuzzy

Bump. Hungry for more votes!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

I think MineBitShares is one of the most valuable marketing strategies we have ever thought up.  Miners care about profit so if we can give them the most profitable pool to mine, they will gladly work with us over time.  However, the fees though enough at present are not enough to give it a shot of adrenaline.  That adrenaline might be there as partial backup in the case of huge infuxes of people, and also to provide some extra payouts. In Short, I suggest we give it an extra shot (or more) of adrenaline. 

It is my opinion that if we got enough delegates together, we could subsidize the payouts of minebitshares to make the pool so insanely profitable that it would not need ANY marketing outside word of mouth.  Not only that, if it became an overnight success and reached the #1 pool in a very short period of time, the extra delegate fees could at least help keep those payments more profitable than competitors at scale. 

I think this is a time to be bold--and willing to dilute for a really good reason. 

For this reason I am posting a poll to see how many delegates each community member would vote for to make it a near-certainty that minebitshares is a success. 

Additionally, I will gladly work with Data to speak with the community about the process along the way and ask specific questions that documentation might not wholly answer.  Additionally, I will work with him to ensure everyone knows where the delegate fees are going at any time. 

Please take a moment and really consider how valuable it would be to BitShares entire ecosystem if we could have the No 1 ranked multipool before answering this poll.  Imagine the rifts it would heal between DPoS and PoW communities.  Imagine the volume it would give our bitAssets.  Imagine the press we will enjoy when it becomes known that BitShares has solved nearly all of miners' problems.  And imagine what the marketcap will look like after everyone figures that out.  Then consider that a 100% delegate currently makes approx $800/mo. 

*note*  the entire crew of fuzzy.beyondbitcoin is donating some of their pay to equal 12.5% of their funds to this project until such a time as it is no longer deemed necessary.  If you are a 100% Delegate and would like to donate any % of your delegate pay, please use this thread to make it known.

Is it possible to divert delegate pay through the Bitshares interface? Like if a group of delegates decide to give a percentage?

I don't know enough about the delegate system to know how it's done.

Nope.  You cannot do that.  But who knows what will be possible someday!

Offline fuzzy

@data  I am 100% for this being profitable on its own.  But early on having an overabundance of funding and a transparent way of showing how you are spending it is better than having to run around like crazy hoping to get the funds together in a pinch. 

If the community agrees with a large number of delegates, it is because they also realize how powerful this can be.  Yes, I agree that you are not going to need it all right away, but if you have it and never use it, you can just find a creative way to give it back to the community (or burn it).  I say lets work with giving you the flexibility you need for as long as we can get it.  The best way to do that is to get as much funding as is acceptable by the broad majority of the community, and then from there use only what you need to be the most profitable pool out there. 

If there is extra, set it aside for a day when there are more people on (to ensure you stay the most profitable pool).  The power of BitShares is that it can subsidize (and almost guarantee) this pool is #1.  You are taking it over knowing it is going to be a tough job.  It only follows that we should want to decrease the risk of inadequate funding getting in the way.  I say if the community agrees, accept every little BTS you can get, be transparent (which will not be an issue for you) and we record history as it unfolds. 

Then one day you will make the pool very successful without delegates, and the delegates will slowly get voted out...and if you have any extra BTS you can feel free to burn them to your final delegate's wall to commemorate the occasion :)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
sage answer datasecuritynode
 +5%

It's too early in the transition process. We have much ironing out before we go Bunker (pun).
Give us this month to come back with real numbers and real analytics.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:41:09 am by rgcrypto »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think MineBitShares is one of the most valuable marketing strategies we have ever thought up.  Miners care about profit so if we can give them the most profitable pool to mine, they will gladly work with us over time.  However, the fees though enough at present are not enough to give it a shot of adrenaline.  That adrenaline might be there as partial backup in the case of huge infuxes of people, and also to provide some extra payouts. In Short, I suggest we give it an extra shot (or more) of adrenaline. 

It is my opinion that if we got enough delegates together, we could subsidize the payouts of minebitshares to make the pool so insanely profitable that it would not need ANY marketing outside word of mouth.  Not only that, if it became an overnight success and reached the #1 pool in a very short period of time, the extra delegate fees could at least help keep those payments more profitable than competitors at scale. 

I think this is a time to be bold--and willing to dilute for a really good reason. 

For this reason I am posting a poll to see how many delegates each community member would vote for to make it a near-certainty that minebitshares is a success. 

Additionally, I will gladly work with Data to speak with the community about the process along the way and ask specific questions that documentation might not wholly answer.  Additionally, I will work with him to ensure everyone knows where the delegate fees are going at any time. 

Please take a moment and really consider how valuable it would be to BitShares entire ecosystem if we could have the No 1 ranked multipool before answering this poll.  Imagine the rifts it would heal between DPoS and PoW communities.  Imagine the volume it would give our bitAssets.  Imagine the press we will enjoy when it becomes known that BitShares has solved nearly all of miners' problems.  And imagine what the marketcap will look like after everyone figures that out.  Then consider that a 100% delegate currently makes approx $800/mo. 

*note*  the entire crew of fuzzy.beyondbitcoin is donating some of their pay to equal 12.5% of their funds to this project until such a time as it is no longer deemed necessary.  If you are a 100% Delegate and would like to donate any % of your delegate pay, please use this thread to make it known.

Is it possible to divert delegate pay through the Bitshares interface? Like if a group of delegates decide to give a percentage?

I don't know enough about the delegate system to know how it's done.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Well this is exciting! :)

I am honored to be taking up the mantel with MineBitShares.. I am happy to see the delegate got voted in.. but at this super early stage where we are just starting to take over operations and put together our marketing engine, I don't think I can offer much in the way of assessing what or how many additional delegates could/would be used today.

My approach is like that of any business I have started. Get it going.. make a proof of concept.. and grow it out as best you can from there.

Once we have gotten into our MineBitShares mojo and can better assess where we are and what it will take to get us further after we have started our plans.. THEN I can give more definitive numbers for people to better judge and assess for themselves the value of what each delegate in this project might mean to BitShares.

I do think it's got really huge potential.. however, I cant imagine ever getting to 8 delegates... my #1 mandate is to find ways to make this profitable on its own. With some creativity it can be done. Some who have talked to me about MineBitShares already know I have been polling for ways I can pull profits into the operation so that we won't need the delegate eventually. I could be wrong however. After we crunch the numbers and figure out everything perhaps it does take that. Without that data though, it's a really tough call.

That said, the delegate we have, and the others that are being contributed at this stage ARE ESSENTIAL to making this work. That is what is so awesome about BitShares. We can overcome the catch 22 of making this pool profitable and significantly increase the liquidity of BitShares through this project.. not to mention all the new users.

Thanks to the legendary efforts of Nethyb and the support of Bytemaster, this has proven it's concept. Now we got to grow it out thanks to the delegate (and maybe more), and make it profitable so we can take the delegate out of the business. and have a solid operation contributing users, liquidity,and market cap to BitShares.

At this early stage though.. I simply don't have enough data to even cast my own vote on how many. Give it a little time.. and then maybe I can put forth some clear information that will allow people to decide if it's worth the extra delegates.

My two btc anyways... If others would like to vote in this poll just to show how much you would like to support this you are welcome.. but I understand if you don't have enough data to make an educated selection.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:17:51 am by fuzzy »