Author Topic: Now we are at the bottom.  (Read 7843 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
because new BTS are being created in every blocks, the price going down is a norm, because more and more supply and demand stays the same.
doubt it
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline omgurindanger

• View Profile
because new BTS are being created in every blocks, the price going down is a norm, because more and more supply and demand stays the same.

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile

i bet the bottom is under 1k
If that is true,
All your bitshares are belong to me.

And me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chewchew

• View Profile
If that is true,
All your bitshares are belong to me.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
stellar seems to use mysql db for their hot data which would be synced up with the backend... seems different.. although not sure if storing tx's in mysql db is the right way to go for scalability issues.

To clarify, I'm impressed with the whitepaper, not the implementation.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
What I think the platform needs, is the ability to look at everything priced in BitUSD, BitCNY, BitEUR. So it looks like a real trading platform and would appeal to those who want to use it as such.

Take for example ability to trade the pairs BitUSD:BitCNY, or BitCNY:BitGOLD, etc. That would really create demand for BitUSD, BitCNY, etc.

Most of the traders out there don't care about BTS price. They want to buy stocks, futures, options represented in a currency they are familiar with.
Actually we can trade bitUSD agains bitCNY. U can check the wallet. However there is no volume now.
Pls check this. Real adoption
https://www.dacx.com/

Is there an English version of the site?

there will be
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
stellar seems to use mysql db for their hot data which would be synced up with the backend... seems different.. although not sure if storing tx's in mysql db is the right way to go for scalability issues.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I just calculated the whole BTS in btc38 worth 8.1 million CNY about 1.3 million USD.
Any big guy can buy out all off them.

Many speculators are out and go to the China Stock market. The remain are long term holder that understand BTS. During the last month there are a lot of people create fictitious rumours in the BTC38 comment page. They are out too, they have nothing to dump, only want the price to drop so that they can buy some cheap BTS.

I think now we are at the bottom.

Pls check this. A real adoption
https://www.dacx.com/

Feel free to short USD or buy some BTS at btc38.

I hate being right about price predictions.
$10 million... but we'll rise again.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Should we invest in Stellar instead then?  :P

And I think the answer to that also greatly depends on scalability. BitShares as is, is absolutely not scalable. Not saying Stellar is. But if you combine Stellar's consensus protocol with a scalable ledger, it could really spread like wildfire. (And who knows they may have a solution for that as well)

How is stellar any more scalable than bitshares? I could be wrong, but doesn't the rate of consensus decrease the more validators there are. So as the stellar network becomes more "decentralized" and there are more unique validators the network will process transactions more slowly. With bitshares however there is only one validator per block so the rate of consensus per block is essentially instant and rate of block production is just limited to network latency.

Did I say Stellar is more scalable? I said the answer to the question whether a crypto can become $100B, $1T+ market cap is whether it can scale to billions of users. You kind of took things out of context.

My understanding is that you can have hierarchy of quorums. So you and I could be transacting in the same geographical region, and our quorums may take longer to propagate, but ultimately within our quorum network, confirmation is instant. I'm fuzzy on the details, but I love the federated approach.

clout

And I think the answer to that also greatly depends on scalability. BitShares as is, is absolutely not scalable. Not saying Stellar is. But if you combine Stellar's consensus protocol with a scalable ledger, it could really spread like wildfire. (And who knows they may have a solution for that as well)

How is stellar any more scalable than bitshares? I could be wrong, but doesn't the rate of consensus decrease the more validators there are. So as the stellar network becomes more "decentralized" and there are more unique validators the network will process transactions more slowly. With bitshares however there is only one validator per block so the rate of consensus per block is essentially instant and rate of block production is just limited to network latency.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
To get back on topic here... I think in the short term there is actually an opportunity here for a whale to come in and take out the bidders of BitUSD.

Let's say someone having 100BTC laying around comes in and buys BTS at market, but does in small chunks of like 5 BTC, so as not to spook it. Then instantly goes and shorts BTS for BitUSD. Suddenly there is a demand for BTS and price keeps moving up, while they keep buying BTS and shorting BitUSD. Then at some point they cover what they originally put in $-wise, keep the rest as BTS free ride.

jaran

Since stellar has been recoded does anyone know if they plan on changing the distribution of the coins?  Or issue a new coin with the new blockchain?

All I ever hear about stellar is problems with how it is distributed.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

I love most things about stellar, except for currently 95% of the supply is held by the foundation. So that market cap you have to multiply 20x. That explains why price is so low. https://www.stellar.org/stats/ - So their market cap is really around $250M if you take into account the undistributed supply.

Seems expensive, but at the same time, we see some serious players interested in them, and also really great team. The real question is, how likely is for Stellar to take over Bitcoin, even if it is valid in premise, there could be many other roadblocks down the road. (Same questions apply for Bitshares).

Really price is irrelevant for most of these alts, it's just a matter of "What's the likelyhood of its marketcap being $100B one day, or may be even $1T?"

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'd rather buy more NOTEs :)

[not an investment advice] :P