Author Topic: Lets here who the bank is already  (Read 4923 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
No financial institution worth its salt would make such an announcement when it is merely "interested in" a technology (unless it's a perpetually-permanent tease, like NASDAQ does periodically with Bitcoin).

clout

It probably isn't Bm decision. He is probably under nda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was NDA, he wouldn't have been allowed to even hint at it. Sometimes the collective stupidity amazes me here.

The obvious thing is that it was truly hot air. It is possible that they were talking to a bank and if so, you should be worried. If a bank buys this tech, then there goes any chance of expanding your user base. A majority if people are quite comfortable with the Evil banks and using their services rather than the dark web/black market means of money services. Man, I actually hope this happens to prove my points about Cryptonomex and the licensing crap.

I agree with you, newmine, but I think that having a bank use this tech would validate the technology and encourage more people within the crypto space and outside of it to starting using BitShares 2.0. I can't see why thats a bad thing.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
It probably isn't Bm decision. He is probably under nda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was NDA, he wouldn't have been allowed to even hint at it. Sometimes the collective stupidity amazes me here.

The obvious thing is that it was truly hot air. It is possible that they were talking to a bank and if so, you should be worried. If a bank buys this tech, then there goes any chance of expanding your user base. A majority if people are quite comfortable with the Evil banks and using their services rather than the dark web/black market means of money services. Man, I actually hope this happens to prove my points about Cryptonomex and the licensing crap.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
they were interested, they just went with our dear counterparty. but even that didn't go as planned for either.. parties.

You referring to Overstock or the bank?

Overstock.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
they were interested, they just went with our dear counterparty. but even that didn't go as planned for either.. parties.

You referring to Overstock or the bank?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
There was no such thing.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Unless we generate a constant stream of positive news, there is zero reason for anyone to hold BitShares. They will just move onto the next thing.

Remember the announcement that Overstock was interested in working with BitShares? How did that work out?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline CLains

• View Profile
deals that come or don't come, it's not in their full control, and who can even fault their hopes, what we know is that, all else equal, BM and co have a reputation for working hard when it matters

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Unless we generate a constant stream of positive news, there is zero reason for anyone to hold BitShares. They will just move onto the next thing.

I recommend you to learn something about technical trading .
Afterward , you would understand that news has nothing to do with who holds Bitshares .

The only thing matters is price . When price drop to a certain point , technical traders bail out , then ordinary people cut their loses . After a absolute bottom , capitals gain enough chips , drive up the price , and people will automatically relate the up trend to some good news , which is not .

It's all about the flow of money , the longs and the shorts ....... 

People always moves to another investment , that's why all of the investment objects have waves in the K-chart . And when the K-chart indicates a absolute bottom or the break of a trend , people will rush to hold that object .

It's simple as that . News are moot . News is just an excuse people use to explain something . Just like the Greek thing .

In a down trend , even if you generate enough good news , people will still be selling because that's just the way the market works .  Big money doesn't watch news . They watch K-chart .

Do you remember after the "huge big thing" news last year , the price of BTS was still going down after a small peak ? that's because the pattern of how the peak happened was the indicator of the start of a down trend .
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:50:54 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:29:50 pm by speedy »

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
A couple of mumbles ago, BM mentioned that a "major bank" is interested in working with us. The price right now is so pathetically low that they should already have done all the front-running they need. Why would there be a problem in disclosing who the bank is? It should be the next Summer announcement.

1. That's all your speculation, it doesn't make it true

2. Haven't we learned anything about making announcements before all appropriate parties are ready?

3. This isn't about your needs.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

We need something to steal Ethereum's thunder, which apparently is launching today.

Actually I think it's better if we launch afterwards. That way we will have all eyes on us and we don't get to split media attention with ethereum
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline regismol

• View Profile
Don't think we have a chance against their marketing currently. Let them do their launch and then let us get back to our own stuff.

agreed!
I also agree.
Bitshares need to stay on its own, banks can go and work it out themselves.
long live bitshares!

Welcome on board ... maybe you missed it ..ethereum markting was meant here!
ahh yes i missed it, thanks for filling me in!!

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
just another hotair from dev.dont take it seriously.

Deals like that are often started in an NDA and nothing is said till the ink is dry and thing are 'official'.

I think there's validity in both of these.  BM is much better at research and development and inspirational vision than he is at public relations and leadership.  I think most of us here have enough firsthand knowledge to be pretty optimistic about BitShares, but I'd be careful how much weight you give to BM's expectations.  Conveniently we're quickly building to the point where such leadership will be less necessary.