Author Topic: Buying bitUSD - PM me offers.  (Read 1498 times)

Offline EstefanTT

So if I understand it well, my shorts will be auto cover at 10% higher than the price feed when all the previous sorts still waiting will be covered ?

What will happen when the expiration date of my shorts will reach 0 days ? They will disapear and I will get a notificacion in the furture when it's covered ?

It's the frist time I reach that point and I'm a little worry about what is next.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Uhh... why not just use the BitShares DEX? That's its purpose.

Edit: I just realized the market engine has a matching bug (again >:(). However, from what I understood, regular BitUSD sell orders (not shorts) would still match with your buy order.
I am not 270-290 BTS/bitUSD desperate... That are the regular sell orders as of this writing...

You don't buy those sell orders. You put a buy order at 225 BTS/BitUSD and wait. If no real BitUSD sell order matches at that price, then you probably won't be getting anyone PMing you offers either.

Also, if I understand the margin-call mechanics appropriately (and they are working according to theory other than the current short matching bug), then there is a (currently invisible) buy order at 10% above the feed price (so around 245.9 BTS/BitUSD). And that should be a buy order for at least 80,000 BitUSD. So if I am correct about this, then unless you are willing to increase your price to 246 BTS/BitUSD, you probably won't get a match anytime soon.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:03:23 pm by arhag »

zerosum

Edit: I just realized the market engine has a matching bug (again >:(). However, from what I understood, regular BitUSD sell orders (not shorts) would still match with your buy order.
I am not 270-290 BTS/bitUSD desperate... That are the regular sell orders as of this writing...

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:44:49 pm by arhag »

zerosum

Buying bitUSD for BTS. Pretty much open to any amount of bitUSD.

1. Will send the BTS first! (but I will split the BTS in several batches ).

2. Ultimately my choice how much to buy.  PM me your offer like - up to 500 bitUSD @ 225 BTS/bitUSD
 i.e.  if we agree on a price  just send the corresponding amount of bitUSD to the BTS received  for each batch, at the agreed price

Thanks.