Author Topic: Why BitShares isn't Taking off and What we are doing about it.  (Read 45198 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
People need digital currency, but they do not need it like this.
It is like in the green energy area, many company died, not because they do not need green energy, but because they just need something to solve a specific problem. Tesla is an example.
In this aspect, ripple do beeter than any other crypo.

Will never up before the short rule change. . Ridiculous rule

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

...what's up with all the random, unsubstantiated pessimism from members of the Chinese community lately?

Things finally seem to be starting to turn around...guess they didn't get the memo.

Both observations are correct. The Chinese are smart.

Until BitAssets 3.0 are introduced, BitAsset adoption is unlikely to increase in the interim, especially as the current BitAssets will be left to die as opposed to being rolled over into the new system. Hence the valuation will likely be constrained barring any other major news.

Using BitAssets to solve specific problems could rapidly increase their adoption.
If they knew the short rule is about to change why wouldnt it get priced in within a few minutes? They didnt buy thus market still doesnt believe in the change or has it not been approved yet thats why we havent taken off?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Tuck Fheman

Tuck Fheman

make a stable client,

+5%

It's that simple. I often wonder where BTS would be now if it had kept a small standalone fast wallet around while the behemoth client was worked on and released separately.

Good idea.

A year ago it was.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
It is like in the green energy area, many company died, not because they do not need green energy, but because they just need something to solve a specific problem. Tesla is an example.

...what's up with all the random, unsubstantiated pessimism from members of the Chinese community lately?

Things finally seem to be starting to turn around...guess they didn't get the memo.

These people are thinkers , and directly or indirectly contributed in the "turn around" things  nomoreheroes7 mentioned . It's normal for them to see more problems , because they researched deeper than others .

Many of the active members in the Chinese community are either programmers , lawyers , bankers , professors or economist , and they didn't just buy BTS and wait for good things to happen . They build business around BTS , they build groups to help out users , they use the wallet everyday despite it's a painful experience for some of them ....

It's takes more than a "good news memo" to make them happy .... because these are the people who can offer good news themselves when the time comes .
+5%
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

These people are thinkers , and directly or indirectly contributed in the "turn around" things  nomoreheroes7 mentioned . It's normal for them to see more problems , because they researched deeper than others .

Many of the active members in the Chinese community are either programmers , lawyers , bankers , professors or economist , and they didn't just buy BTS and wait for good things to happen . They build business around BTS , they build groups to help out users , they use the wallet everyday despite it's a painful experience for some of them ....

It's takes more than a "good news memo" to make them happy .... because these are the people who can offer good news themselves when the time comes . 
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lastagile

• View Profile

If I'm bad guy, and I have 1 million USD. I want BTS price keep falling down.
What I need to do is, change all my money to BITUSD, Then wait the monthly expire of short order. I'll hold all my BITUSD until we have no enough shorter, the expired short order have to get the BITUSD to cover. Shorter need to sell BTS to get BITUSD, while all the BITUSD is hold by me.This will keep the price falling. 

As a bad guy, I'll lose nothing, while earn some interesting.

I think the rule need be changed. The one hold BITUSD should pay people short for them.

In an bank I borrow money, and I can use the money to do more meaningful things and pay interesting.
In BTS, I short BTS to get BITUSD, but I can not use the BITUSD, other people get my BITUSD, and use BITUSD, and I have to pay the interesting to him. What a fuck???

BM, how u come up this ideal to make BTS as an bank? that is ridiculous.

BITUSD is for trade, not for people to hold. I'd like suggest people who short, set interesting to 0.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:13:30 pm by lastagile »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Until BitAssets 3.0 are introduced, BitAsset adoption is unlikely to increase in the interim, especially as the current BitAssets will be left to die as opposed to being rolled over into the new system. Hence the valuation will likely be constrained barring any other major news.

Using BitAssets to solve specific problems could rapidly increase their adoption. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:08:19 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline lastagile

• View Profile

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
You should read a book called: zero to one

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
1. Get rid of the Sync problems. It is scary for none technical people
2. Reduce the Sync time - maybe the wallet can already download after i started my Computer.
3. After starting the Wallet the Exchange needs far to long to start - reduce the time!

To make it short - make it fools proof to begin and in my opinion time is the most valuable commodity we should go for! So, we should save the users more time!

1+2 agree, also the re-index times are horrible

3 - 0.9 was lightning fast on loading the exchange. hope that was intentional :)

1+2 Use Moonstone :)
3 Use Moonstone? ;)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
1. Get rid of the Sync problems. It is scary for none technical people
2. Reduce the Sync time - maybe the wallet can already download after i started my Computer.
3. After starting the Wallet the Exchange needs far to long to start - reduce the time!

To make it short - make it fools proof to begin and in my opinion time is the most valuable commodity we should go for! So, we should save the users more time!

1+2 agree, also the re-index times are horrible

3 - 0.9 was lightning fast on loading the exchange. hope that was intentional :)

Offline JA

• View Profile
I am more excited than I have ever been about BTS and its potential... expect some major, game changing, news this summer.

+5%