Author Topic: Why BitShares isn't Taking off and What we are doing about it.  (Read 45206 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
I am more excited than I have ever been about BTS and its potential... expect some major, game changing, news this summer.

+5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline bytemaster

BTS can be very disruptive. I just don't see why would anyone get out of BTS at these prices unless they absolutely need to. I think the upside potential especially with the new direction is so huge, that NOT being in BTS is a huge risk.

The argument against inflation is really stupid. This is so powerful - stakeholders have the ability to hire and fire and vote with their money. It is SO much better than the politics and drama surrounding the Bitcoin Foundation elections.

I say - fix the bugs, deliver thin idiot proof client with deterministic wallets, do marketing and find partners. It is clear now that ALL crypto projects take much much longer to grow to their full potential, so BTS is not really "behind".

BTS will be explosive at some point, but probably more like 2016. At this point I'm just laughing at the low prices and hope elected developers can cover their bills.

I am more excited than I have ever been about BTS and its potential... expect some major, game changing, news this summer. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
BTS can be very disruptive. I just don't see why would anyone get out of BTS at these prices unless they absolutely need to. I think the upside potential especially with the new direction is so huge, that NOT being in BTS is a huge risk.

The argument against inflation is really stupid. This is so powerful - stakeholders have the ability to hire and fire and vote with their money. It is SO much better than the politics and drama surrounding the Bitcoin Foundation elections.

I say - fix the bugs, deliver thin idiot proof client with deterministic wallets, do marketing and find partners. It is clear now that ALL crypto projects take much much longer to grow to their full potential, so BTS is not really "behind".

BTS will be explosive at some point, but probably more like 2016. At this point I'm just laughing at the low prices and hope elected developers can cover their bills.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
BM mentioned in the last mumble that crypto is moving slower than a lot of us think it is. This got me thinking about how long it will be before the blockchain technology really takes hold.

I'm sure its going to be an evolution rather than revolution, but what are peoples thoughts - 18-24 months or 5 years?

I saw coindesk had an article about 2015 being the year of the blockchain but i don't see it just yet, at least not yet in terms of mass adoption. I think we're 2-3 years away (based on my very scientific wet finger in the air analysis).

Anyone have any links or thoughts?

For the last 6 months I haven't been able to recommend either BTS as a good investment or BitAssets as a good product to non crypto-savvy investors. However once 1.0, Moonstone and BitAssets 3.0 are working well then you'll have a very easy to use, secure and liquid Bitasset that I will use and that we can easily recommend, especially against the backdrop of a very shaky traditional banking system. It's just a question of crossing that threshold where the market thinks you've got a strong enough product and package & then you're going to see very rapid adoption and growth within the space of 6 months imo,

Big volume and gains can arrive very quickly...

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline onceuponatime

BM mentioned in the last mumble that crypto is moving slower than a lot of us think it is. This got me thinking about how long it will be before the blockchain technology really takes hold.

I'm sure its going to be an evolution rather than revolution, but what are peoples thoughts - 18-24 months or 5 years?

I saw coindesk had an article about 2015 being the year of the blockchain but i don't see it just yet, at least not yet in terms of mass adoption. I think we're 2-3 years away (based on my very scientific wet finger in the air analysis).

Awareness of our blockchain advantage will be greatly stimulated by events (if we can get the message out):

Stunned Greeks React To Initial Capital Controls And The "Decree To Confiscate Reserves", And They Are Not Happy:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-20/stunned-greeks-react-initial-capital-controls-and-decree-confiscate-reserves-and-the

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

It's that simple. I often wonder where BTS would be now if it had kept a small standalone fast wallet around while the behemoth client was worked on and released separately.

I think in the long run the web-based client will attract more users. Choosing to use web technologies was a stroke of genius.

This is actually huge, customer conversion requires minimizing steps and signup hassle.   Ultimately everyone will be using hosted/web wallets with browser plugins.

Absolutely true, but also make a simple and easy to use. It needs to be idiot proof as much as possible like bitreserve IMO

I was actually thinking making it complex and hard to use would result in a more elite status and thus higher valuation.   We want natural selection to weed out the idiots.

My point is that "simple and easy to use" is obvious and entirely unhelpful.   We need specific suggestions on HOW to make it simple and easy.

1. Get rid of the Sync problems. It is scary for none technical people
2. Reduce the Sync time - maybe the wallet can already download after i started my Computer.
3. After starting the Wallet the Exchange needs far to long to start - reduce the time!

To make it short - make it fools proof to begin and in my opinion time is the most valuable commodity we should go for! So, we should save the users more time!

Funny you say that.... that is *EXACTLY* what I am working on.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
It's that simple. I often wonder where BTS would be now if it had kept a small standalone fast wallet around while the behemoth client was worked on and released separately.

I think in the long run the web-based client will attract more users. Choosing to use web technologies was a stroke of genius.

This is actually huge, customer conversion requires minimizing steps and signup hassle.   Ultimately everyone will be using hosted/web wallets with browser plugins.

Absolutely true, but also make a simple and easy to use. It needs to be idiot proof as much as possible like bitreserve IMO

I was actually thinking making it complex and hard to use would result in a more elite status and thus higher valuation.   We want natural selection to weed out the idiots.

My point is that "simple and easy to use" is obvious and entirely unhelpful.   We need specific suggestions on HOW to make it simple and easy.

1. Get rid of the Sync problems. It is scary for none technical people
2. Reduce the Sync time - maybe the wallet can already download after i started my Computer.
3. After starting the Wallet the Exchange needs far to long to start - reduce the time!

To make it short - make it fools proof to begin and in my opinion time is the most valuable commodity we should go for! So, we should save the users more time!

Offline bytemaster

Offline nz

• View Profile

"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
make a stable client,

+5%

Good idea.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline bytemaster

make a stable client,

+5%

Good idea.

Tuck Fheman

make a stable client,

+5%