Author Topic: client crashes  (Read 1770 times)

zerosum

Thank u very much Tonyk. Appreciated it!!

All the Zeus friends are jumping in now in BTS..Lucky bastards..Zeus himself has been f...ed and lost all his investment as I was keeping buying and never selling originally expensive PTS and then expensive BTS and now he has no more money to go through the month...lol...I have managed to lose all last year's profits from BTC and now operate at huge loss.. Keeping everything in BTS was a great choice apparently.. :(

General anger and pain.... I know the feeling well too well myself. Here is a post that somewhat elegantly explains the feeling we all have:

When you get negative reactions about from people here right now you should remember that most of us here got burned hard over the past couple months, so there is a lot of anger. Just general anger at everything, not directed at anyone in particular.  Anger looking for something to blame, regardless of whether that was the cause of the pain.

There is also the feeling that various projects in the Bitshares ecosystem have promised us all rewards in the future, but has asked for donations in the present, such as the Notes IPO, the PLAY IPO, and the Moonstone wallet.  With all of these things competing for our dollars and bitcoins, people just arent buying BTS, or they are selling off BTS to get dollars/bitcoins to put into these IPOs and investments. 

It feels like the community in general has been completely trashing the BTS price in order to raise funds for all the projects people want to run. 

At some point, many of us want to scream: "If you want Bitshares to do well and attract people, stop blowing all your money on all this stuff and f*cking buy some BTS already.  That way maybe we can stop the downtrend so that crypto investors will be interested in Bitshares again, it wont just look like something that is dying and goes down every single day". 

Your post looked like more of that to me.  "Hey, lets sell some BTS to get fiat so I can send you USD and get extra bitUSD in return!" 

I would think that the people you are hiring are bulls and would probably want BTS right now.  I would react very positively if you said "Hey, how about we spend $X000 buying up a lot of BTS and we pay you guys in BTS (based on pre-agred upon BTS values that we paid for it)".

Trying to use bitUSD is great, but at some point given how severely the price of BTS has fallen, we just want someone who says they believe in the project to go buy some BTS and help get this moving in the right direction again.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Thank u very much Tonyk. Appreciated it!!

All the Zeus friends are jumping in now in BTS..Lucky bastards..Zeus himself has been f...ed and lost all his investment as I was keeping buying and never selling originally expensive PTS and then expensive BTS and now he has no more money to go through the month...lol...I have managed to lose all last year's profits from BTC and now operate at huge loss.. Keeping everything in BTS was a great choice apparently.. :(

zerosum

Ok. My friend got finally synchronized so this has been sorted..

He has another problem now. He has imported his PTS wallet (he had 72 PTS) and received the correct amount of BTS

1) He can't see his NOTES balance
Did he has his PTS on the correct date? (I forgot when it was). Were the PTS moved to a different address? I will start by re-importing the PTS wallet/keys.

2) He can see his NOTES balance in the console with the command that shows the balance. He only sees there 26.85 NOTES and 26.58 TESTNOTE3. He can't use them or trade them. Based on his 75 PTS shouldn't he receive something like 19,700 NOTES?
318.57 NOTE per PTS or about 23,892.75 total

3) On the exchange tab under user assets on the filter when he types "NOTE" he only sees bitNOTES as exchange. The proper NOTE exchange doesn't show up anywhere..
Try not the one in the user asset BUT the general one. It is just below Featured Markets' graphs.

4) Based on 75 PTS how many vested BTS can he claim?
in the console type:
Code: [Select]
wallet_account_vesting_balances [account_name]

I would appreciate any help as I want to give him proper advise. He among others are going to invest whatever they can afford in BTS now and I want to guide them properly with their problems in the client...

Many thanks!

P.S. could these problems of seeing correct NOTES balances have to do anything with TITAN or irrelevant?

Hope this helps and good luck to all of Zeus' friends!  :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:45:41 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
3) On the exchange tab under user assets on the filter when he types "NOTE" he only sees bitNOTES as exchange. The proper NOTE exchange doesn't show up anywhere..

This is why we need a market url scheme, like https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/market/NOTE:BTS/Guest/buy
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Ok. My friend got finally synchronized so this has been sorted..

He has another problem now. He has imported his PTS wallet (he had 72 PTS) and received the correct amount of BTS

1) He can't see his NOTES balance

2) He can see his NOTES balance in the console with the command that shows the balance. He only sees there 26.85 NOTES and 26.58 TESTNOTE3. He can't use them or trade them. Based on his 75 PTS shouldn't he receive something like 19,700 NOTES?

4) Based on 75 PTS how many vested BTS can he claim?

I would appreciate any help as I want to give him proper advise. He among others are going to invest whatever they can afford in BTS now and I want to guide them properly with their problems in the client...

Many thanks!

P.S. could these problems of seeing correct NOTES balances have to do anything with TITAN or irrelevant?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:21:38 pm by mf-tzo »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hi guys,

A friend of mine has updated to 8.1 GUI version...after waiting ages to synchronize and waited ages for the transaction history he saw he has imported the PTS wallet and saw his BTS balance and Notes. The client then crashed..when reopened he can only see his BTS balance but no Notes and the blockchain was resynching from 268 days...He waited one more day until this synchronized. Then the client crashed again and now he reopened and started synchronizing again from the start and he only see his BTS balance. Obviously he is getting mad now...lol..

Is there something he can do or he should just wait for a new release? He is on windows with slow internet and a 5 year old pc that probably needs format.

Thanks