Author Topic: Rebuild Index command  (Read 2228 times)

TurkeyLeg

estimated confirmation seconds: 3030
participation_rate: 0.066471858052966876

I can't find the "chains" folder in the app contents (OSX) or anywhere else on the machine.

I'm also having a hard time running the rebuild index command in the console...my client is so laggy it's almost impossible to use (I couldn't even copy and paste from the console).

I tried uninstalling the app and downloading the 0.8.0 client from github again, but no change when I relaunch obviously.

I'm sure it's me missing something or not understanding the process correctly - can someone help?

On MAC the folder is  ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares

maybe delete everthing in there EXCEPT!!!! the 'wallets' folder (they contain the keys to your funds!)

Just deleting "chains" in ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares worked perfectly! Thanks man.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I can't find the "chains" folder in the app contents (OSX) or anywhere else on the machine.

I'm also having a hard time running the rebuild index command in the console...my client is so laggy it's almost impossible to use (I couldn't even copy and paste from the console).

I tried uninstalling the app and downloading the 0.8.0 client from github again, but no change when I relaunch obviously.

I'm sure it's me missing something or not understanding the process correctly - can someone help?

On MAC the folder is  ~/Library/Application Support/BitShares

maybe delete everthing in there EXCEPT!!!! the 'wallets' folder (they contain the keys to your funds!)

TurkeyLeg

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Its 1.2%
Code: [Select]
security_state

{
  "alert_level": "grey",
  "estimated_confirmation_seconds": 10,
  "participation_rate": 0.012094895834206521
}

Why dose it happen?
you need to reset the blockchain .. you seem to be stuck in a unresolvable fork ..
you can do so by deleting the "chains" folder in %APPDATA%\Roaming\BitShares (do NOT delete the wallets folder)
and restart the client

also note that you HAVE to run the latest 0.8.* version

Offline mostar

• View Profile
Its 1.2%
Code: [Select]
security_state

{
  "alert_level": "grey",
  "estimated_confirmation_seconds": 10,
  "participation_rate": 0.012094895834206521
}

Why dose it happen?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
When one shoud use it?
if you are stuck syncing with the blockchain or see a delegate participation rate of less than 50% or so

Offline mostar

• View Profile
When one shoud use it?

Offline vikram

Run the executable with " --rebuild-index" argument.

Offline emailtooaj

Hello all,
Could someone tell/give me the proper command to "Rebuild Index" in the wallet please!

Thank You!
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ