Author Topic: BitAssets 3.0 - For Community Review  (Read 44358 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
#1 No explicit short sell price limit

I was always against the fixed pricefeed. We need just some orientation to let normal people know what price they could expect.

#2 No pre-set expiration on short positions.
- good!
#3 Any time someone with USD is unhappy with the current internal market price, they can request settlement at the 99% of feed (a 1% fee) in X days, where X is more than 24 hours.
- sound also better then the current system
#4 On settlement day the least collateralized short position is forced to settle at 99% of feed (a 1% profit)
#5 At any time entire market can be settled at the feed price given 30 day notice to be executed only in the event that all USD holders are unwilling to sell anywhere near a fair price. (black swan protection), this settlement can be canceled if the market returns to normal voluntarily.
#6 200% collateral
- i would like to reduce it to 100%, but force a cover by 50%, so the shorter needs less capital, but has to cover sooner if he gets on the wrong food

In effect a short position is a "loan" that is callable based upon price or X day notice.

Expected Outcome:
1) The price feed should be irrelevant unless the current market price is below 99% the expected price feed in X days
2) No shorts would dare sell down the price much below the expected feed for long because longs can force settlement to call their bluff.
3) The market has a graceful escape valve where all parties have ample time to voluntarily settle to avoid being forced settled. 
4) Well collateralized shorts never have to cover
5) USD holders are guaranteed liquidity at 99% of the feed within X days (potentially as little as 24 hours).

All that is required is the threat of forced settlement to keep the market fair, by charging a fee for forced settlement longs that demand liquidity compensate the shorts who were forced out.  Over all the market rules are simpler, liquidity is much greater, and all parties are far more protected than they are today.

Thoughts?

Offline bytemaster

#1 No explicit short sell price limit
#2 No pre-set expiration on short positions.
#3 Any time someone with USD is unhappy with the current internal market price, they can request settlement at the 99% of feed (a 1% fee) in X days, where X is more than 24 hours.
#4 On settlement day the least collateralized short position is forced to settle at 99% of feed (a 1% profit)
#5 At any time entire market can be settled at the feed price given 30 day notice to be executed only in the event that all USD holders are unwilling to sell anywhere near a fair price. (black swan protection), this settlement can be canceled if the market returns to normal voluntarily.
#6 200% collateral

In effect a short position is a "loan" that is callable based upon price or X day notice.

Expected Outcome:
1) The price feed should be irrelevant unless the current market price is below 99% the expected price feed in X days
2) No shorts would dare sell down the price much below the expected feed for long because longs can force settlement to call their bluff.
3) The market has a graceful escape valve where all parties have ample time to voluntarily settle to avoid being forced settled. 
4) Well collateralized shorts never have to cover
5) USD holders are guaranteed liquidity at 99% of the feed within X days (potentially as little as 24 hours).

All that is required is the threat of forced settlement to keep the market fair, by charging a fee for forced settlement longs that demand liquidity compensate the shorts who were forced out.  Over all the market rules are simpler, liquidity is much greater, and all parties are far more protected than they are today.

Thoughts?

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.