Author Topic: User toast has moved over to the BTS MUSIC project  (Read 7126 times)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
He hasn't made any mention that his delegate funds were being redirected.

Actually I've repeatedly mentioned it and the fact that I keep having to do so is why I'm finally deciding it's not worth it. Maybe a solution could have been setting up a web page clarifying this I could link to from the delegate URL

Will there be a referral program set up to get people to go to this website? because that would be great!

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
this is the disadvantage of decentralized fund, not so effient.

Offline fuzzy

Yes, he did say he is sending the funds to other developers. But this is not the issue here, the issue is you and particularly kenCode are missing the point here.

Right. The issue is overactive forum members who are wasting the developers' freaking time by making stupid suggestions. Relax. Take a deep breath. Let things develop. Those devs need every dime right now if we're going to get this product out. And they sure don't need to be wasting their time on here.

I'll say this much...Toast has done a great deal for bitshares and I think we should recognize he never said he intended to quit working here altogether....really wish we could all get on the same page.

Communication.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:25:34 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
@ken

maybe change your thread title - why not just start with a discussion?

for me it is still unclear what happening

1. did toast left to MUSIC at all?
2. is his work on MUSIC also usable for BitShares?
3. what happens to the delegate funds?

Maybe it was posted someplace, but i am a lot on the forum and i missed it, so some "offical" statement would be nice. This is just the normal miscommunication. I am used to it - it feels like it :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Just remember the time you wanted Vitalik as a delegate to do nothing but  prove to the crypto space he likes the bitshares concept...
well, toast did much more...

+1

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Just remember the time you wanted Vitalik as a delegate to do nothing but  prove to the crypto space he likes the bitshares concept...
well, toast did much more...

PS do you thing if toast is the reason to add some cool futures to the note-blockchain, bitshares will not copy-paste them?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Yes, he did say he is sending the funds to other developers. But this is not the issue here, the issue is you and particularly kenCode are missing the point here.

Right. The issue is overactive forum members who are wasting the developers' freaking time by making stupid suggestions. Relax. Take a deep breath. Let things develop. Those devs need every dime right now if we're going to get this product out. And they sure don't need to be wasting their time on here.

Offline Riverhead

Could use this script to direct funds to a trusted account until you're voted out if you want a hands-free solution.

https://github.com/Riverhead/balance_keeper/blob/master/balance_keeper.py

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
IMO the fact that I haven't been voted out yet is troubling. Maybe I should just turn them off and allow lots of blocks to be missed? It'd save me $80/mo since I don't use that vps for anything else anymore...

I was just relaying what toast said in a different thread.  I'm all for him keeping the delegate running if he is giving it to other developers since it would be difficult to get an additional 100% delegate voted in.

And what point am I missing here?  Is it that you think this project will "break" if we vote out a delegate who isn't working on said project?  Personally I don't know what value is added by electing a delegate who doesn't contribute.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile

Is this still true? I think that would stop the debate entirely if it could be confirmed.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

zerosum

This new round of community is going to really turn BTS around.

Toast was the best asset BitShares had and I'd assume he still looks out for it.  A couple of 100% delegates will not make any noticeable difference financially, but if those funds were properly directed by Toast then perhaps the funds would have made a noticeable positive difference.

Given that Toast was the best asset of BitShares that is public facing, being all quick to remove all his remaining interest in the project is probably not in the interest of BitShares.  lol.
+5% +5%
Plus as far as I know this funds are redirected to other severely underpaid core developers...

I can see a ton of other delegates that I will vote out before toast's, but hey if you disagree it is you vote....break your head and this project.
And good luck!

Toast said himself that he was surprised he hasn't been down voted.  He even said he would turn off the delegate and miss blocks to expedite the process of being voted out.  He hasn't made any mention that his delegate funds were being redirected.

I will NOT vote him out if Toast is using that money to fund the other developers, especially at a time when the market cap is so low. We need these people to stick with it a bit longer.
And a guy who gets it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Toast was the best asset BitShares had and I'd assume he still looks out for it.  A couple of 100% delegates will not make any noticeable difference financially, but if those funds were properly directed by Toast then perhaps the funds would have made a noticeable positive difference.

Given that Toast was the best asset of BitShares that is public facing, being all quick to remove all his remaining interest in the project is probably not in the interest of BitShares.  lol.
+5% +5%
Plus as far as I know this funds are redirected to other severely underpaid core developers...

I can see a ton of other delegates that I will vote out before toast's, but hey if you disagree it is you vote....break your head and this project.
And good luck!

Toast said himself that he was surprised he hasn't been down voted.  He even said he would turn off the delegate and miss blocks to expedite the process of being voted out.  He hasn't made any mention that his delegate funds were being redirected.

I recall he did make mention of it somewhere. Now whether he'd been on top of divvying up the funds , I can not say. Regardless, I would be a bit surprised if he kept all the BTS. It would make him look bad, and it just isn't that much $$. He is probably a bit ambivalent about it and is just like whatever you guys want......

People here seem to have a hard time judging the scale of the problems that exist and what the actual problems are these days.

edit - After seeing Toast's last post, I am not very far off.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:52:05 pm by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
He hasn't made any mention that his delegate funds were being redirected.

Actually I've repeatedly mentioned it and the fact that I keep having to do so is why I'm finally deciding it's not worth it. Maybe a solution could have been setting up a web page clarifying this I could link to from the delegate URL
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I will NOT vote him out if Toast is using that money to fund the other developers, especially at a time when the market cap is so low. We need these people to stick with it a bit longer.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

+5% +5%

And good luck!