Author Topic: gemspace -- SEC compliant platform  (Read 20996 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
The site looks good... Is it still related to BitShares?

http://gemspace.net/joinus/
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Taulant from Moonstone offered his help, but there seemed to be a communication issue. We've been in contact with Daniel and co too, but they seem to be pretty overloaded as well.

But please feel free to get in contact with our magical code genie to find out how to help.  devlux@gemspace.net   (if he does not respond after 12h send the email again, because he most likely didn't get it in that case.)

It would be in fact very useful if we could get a a newer version built pre release. It should not face an issue since an NDA has been signed between Invictus Innovation and Gemspace.

Best,
Alec
I am not 100% sure but I though there will be a public testing of the new version (testnet) also in June maybe early July .. but I may be mistaken here ..

Also, I will be unavailable for support until late June. So it doesn't make too much sense for me to contact your coders .. Maybe @cass, @robrigo or @vikram can get in contact with them ..

Offline bitcoin42

Waiting for the update  8)
Hi Fuzzy, Clayop and everyone else reading this.

We experienced a bunch of difficulties and delays. We are restructuring our team, and we hope this will bring us forward.

I will keep you in the loop, as soon we make some serious progress. There is at this point no sense blubbering around details.

Best regards,
Alec

Are these difficulties BitShares related? Maybe we can be of assistance?!
Taulant from Moonstone offered his help, but there seemed to be a communication issue. We've been in contact with Daniel and co too, but they seem to be pretty overloaded as well.

But please feel free to get in contact with our magical code genie to find out how to help.  devlux@gemspace.net   (if he does not respond after 12h send the email again, because he most likely didn't get it in that case.)

It would be in fact very useful if we could get a a newer version built pre release. It should not face an issue since an NDA has been signed between Invictus Innovation and Gemspace.

Best,
Alec

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

We experienced a bunch of difficulties and delays. We are restructuring our team, and we hope this will bring us forward.

I will keep you in the loop, as soon we make some serious progress. There is at this point no sense blubbering around details.

Best regards,
Alec

Are these difficulties BitShares related? Maybe we can be of assistance?!

Offline bitcoin42

Best regards,
Alec

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline fuzzy

any progress?
Hi,

Sorry everyone that our Gemspace Mumble hangout failed today due to connection issues. Anyhow, we'll be present next week.

Nevertheless, I would like to at least give a short status update.

Gemspace.net, the community driven platform for company presentations and initial evaluation will be online and ready for registration by end of next week.

Gemspace.io, the SEC database tied to decentralized Blockchain trading platform will follow soon after. This is the most challenging part to bring compliance, regulation and blockchain tech all together. We experience some issues with Bitshares, but Taulant showed up from Bitsapphier akf Moonstone and we had a first meet and greet. We found common grounds on at least one topic. We hope that this together with the upcoming Bts release will flatten out the pathways for Bitshares integration and a timely release.

Stay tuned and latest until next Friday.

Best,
Alec

+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitcoin42

any progress?
Hi,

Sorry everyone that our Gemspace Mumble hangout failed today due to connection issues. Anyhow, we'll be present next week.

Nevertheless, I would like to at least give a short status update.

Gemspace.net, the community driven platform for company presentations and initial evaluation will be online and ready for registration by end of next week.

Gemspace.io, the SEC database tied to decentralized Blockchain trading platform will follow soon after. This is the most challenging part to bring compliance, regulation and blockchain tech all together. We experience some issues with Bitshares, but Taulant showed up from Bitsapphier akf Moonstone and we had a first meet and greet. We found common grounds on at least one topic. We hope that this together with the upcoming Bts release will flatten out the pathways for Bitshares integration and a timely release.

Stay tuned and latest until next Friday.

Best,
Alec

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@fuzzy yes! :) From me no news for now. Got a horrible flu after a 22h flight from San Diego to Munich. But I will attend the first Munich Bitshares Meetup this Sunday, if anyone is interested to join there aswell. ;)
Cool .. see you in munich .. hope you recover quickly!

Offline bitcoin42

@fuzzy yes! :) From me no news for now. Got a horrible flu after a 22h flight from San Diego to Munich. But I will attend the first Munich Bitshares Meetup this Sunday, if anyone is interested to join there aswell. ;)

Offline fuzzy

@tsaishen and @bitcoin42 

Is this Friday at 12 Noon EST ok?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Tuck Fheman

... but we're trying to build a world where everyone starts out with a flawless reputation until they prove otherwise are we not?

That's why BitShares should fix the burn records (rep system) in the client. ( +5% to meh for sneaking this into another thread).

Yay GemSpace! Hope you're real!  ;)

I assumed in GS's original thread that GS was the unnamed company spoke of in one of the recent hangouts, since no other company (AFAIK) has come forward, since that broadcast, proclaiming to have some great idea that will benefit everyone involved. If not, well we have more to look forward to!

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Reputations must be earned.

Civility to strangers is a Best Practice.

I'm with the ancient Greeks on this one, all strangers should have food and wine (perhaps tea ;)) before the conversation gets too serious. 

“Alas,” said he to himself, “what kind of people have I come amongst? Are they cruel, savage, and uncivilized, or hospitable and humane? I seem to hear the voices of young women, and they sound like those of the nymphs that haunt mountain tops, or springs of rivers and meadows of green grass. At any rate I am among a race of men and women. Let me try if I cannot manage to get a look at them.”
-Odysseus from 'The Oddysey'

“Old man, the dogs were likely to have made short work of you, and then you would have got me into trouble. The gods have given me quite enough worries without that, for I have lost the best of masters [i.e., Odysseus], and am in continual grief on his account. I have to attend swine for other people to eat, while he, if he yet lives to see the light of day, is starving in some distant land. But come inside, and when you have had your fill of bread and wine, tell me where you come from, and all about your misfortunes.
-The Swineherd from 'The Oddysey'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenia_(Greek)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:44:20 pm by bitscape »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We came from distant galaxies and want to land our ship on earth. ;)

Now you're speaking my language :)  welcome!

Some of us prefer to be polite and hospitable to everyone when we first meet them.

There is plenty of time to vet a project and calmly declare "scam" later, if that's how it turns out.
(Screaming it at every new arrival is just what troll saboteurs want to do to keep us from growing.)

But there is only one chance to make a good first impression.

So the rest of us need to quickly steer them into our Welcome Center as soon as we see them.
Please help us refer newcomers to the new BitShares Chamber of Commerce where they will find a receptive and polite audience interested in hearing them out and helping them to make their case to the general forum.

First encounters are not where we want everyone to show how tough and suspicious they are.

I'm not super familiar with the logistics of a reputation system, but we're trying to build a world where everyone starts out with a flawless reputation until they prove otherwise are we not?

You either believe everyone starts out at 100% reputation or 0% right? Perhaps there's a 50% option?

I'm personally really excited by what GEMSPACE is up to, and want to see it succeed at it's stated goals!

Reputations must be earned.

Civility to strangers is a Best Practice.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.