Author Topic: gemspace -- SEC compliant platform  (Read 21013 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
The site looks good... Is it still related to BitShares?

http://gemspace.net/joinus/
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Taulant from Moonstone offered his help, but there seemed to be a communication issue. We've been in contact with Daniel and co too, but they seem to be pretty overloaded as well.

But please feel free to get in contact with our magical code genie to find out how to help.  devlux@gemspace.net   (if he does not respond after 12h send the email again, because he most likely didn't get it in that case.)

It would be in fact very useful if we could get a a newer version built pre release. It should not face an issue since an NDA has been signed between Invictus Innovation and Gemspace.

Best,
Alec
I am not 100% sure but I though there will be a public testing of the new version (testnet) also in June maybe early July .. but I may be mistaken here ..

Also, I will be unavailable for support until late June. So it doesn't make too much sense for me to contact your coders .. Maybe @cass, @robrigo or @vikram can get in contact with them ..

Offline bitcoin42

Waiting for the update  8)
Hi Fuzzy, Clayop and everyone else reading this.

We experienced a bunch of difficulties and delays. We are restructuring our team, and we hope this will bring us forward.

I will keep you in the loop, as soon we make some serious progress. There is at this point no sense blubbering around details.

Best regards,
Alec

Are these difficulties BitShares related? Maybe we can be of assistance?!
Taulant from Moonstone offered his help, but there seemed to be a communication issue. We've been in contact with Daniel and co too, but they seem to be pretty overloaded as well.

But please feel free to get in contact with our magical code genie to find out how to help.  devlux@gemspace.net   (if he does not respond after 12h send the email again, because he most likely didn't get it in that case.)

It would be in fact very useful if we could get a a newer version built pre release. It should not face an issue since an NDA has been signed between Invictus Innovation and Gemspace.

Best,
Alec

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

We experienced a bunch of difficulties and delays. We are restructuring our team, and we hope this will bring us forward.

I will keep you in the loop, as soon we make some serious progress. There is at this point no sense blubbering around details.

Best regards,
Alec

Are these difficulties BitShares related? Maybe we can be of assistance?!

Offline bitcoin42

Best regards,
Alec

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
delegate-clayop

Offline fuzzy

any progress?
Hi,

Sorry everyone that our Gemspace Mumble hangout failed today due to connection issues. Anyhow, we'll be present next week.

Nevertheless, I would like to at least give a short status update.

Gemspace.net, the community driven platform for company presentations and initial evaluation will be online and ready for registration by end of next week.

Gemspace.io, the SEC database tied to decentralized Blockchain trading platform will follow soon after. This is the most challenging part to bring compliance, regulation and blockchain tech all together. We experience some issues with Bitshares, but Taulant showed up from Bitsapphier akf Moonstone and we had a first meet and greet. We found common grounds on at least one topic. We hope that this together with the upcoming Bts release will flatten out the pathways for Bitshares integration and a timely release.

Stay tuned and latest until next Friday.

Best,
Alec

+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitcoin42

any progress?
Hi,

Sorry everyone that our Gemspace Mumble hangout failed today due to connection issues. Anyhow, we'll be present next week.

Nevertheless, I would like to at least give a short status update.

Gemspace.net, the community driven platform for company presentations and initial evaluation will be online and ready for registration by end of next week.

Gemspace.io, the SEC database tied to decentralized Blockchain trading platform will follow soon after. This is the most challenging part to bring compliance, regulation and blockchain tech all together. We experience some issues with Bitshares, but Taulant showed up from Bitsapphier akf Moonstone and we had a first meet and greet. We found common grounds on at least one topic. We hope that this together with the upcoming Bts release will flatten out the pathways for Bitshares integration and a timely release.

Stay tuned and latest until next Friday.

Best,
Alec

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@fuzzy yes! :) From me no news for now. Got a horrible flu after a 22h flight from San Diego to Munich. But I will attend the first Munich Bitshares Meetup this Sunday, if anyone is interested to join there aswell. ;)
Cool .. see you in munich .. hope you recover quickly!

Offline bitcoin42

@fuzzy yes! :) From me no news for now. Got a horrible flu after a 22h flight from San Diego to Munich. But I will attend the first Munich Bitshares Meetup this Sunday, if anyone is interested to join there aswell. ;)

Offline fuzzy

@tsaishen and @bitcoin42 

Is this Friday at 12 Noon EST ok?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Tuck Fheman

... but we're trying to build a world where everyone starts out with a flawless reputation until they prove otherwise are we not?

That's why BitShares should fix the burn records (rep system) in the client. ( +5% to meh for sneaking this into another thread).

Yay GemSpace! Hope you're real!  ;)

I assumed in GS's original thread that GS was the unnamed company spoke of in one of the recent hangouts, since no other company (AFAIK) has come forward, since that broadcast, proclaiming to have some great idea that will benefit everyone involved. If not, well we have more to look forward to!

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Reputations must be earned.

Civility to strangers is a Best Practice.

I'm with the ancient Greeks on this one, all strangers should have food and wine (perhaps tea ;)) before the conversation gets too serious. 

“Alas,” said he to himself, “what kind of people have I come amongst? Are they cruel, savage, and uncivilized, or hospitable and humane? I seem to hear the voices of young women, and they sound like those of the nymphs that haunt mountain tops, or springs of rivers and meadows of green grass. At any rate I am among a race of men and women. Let me try if I cannot manage to get a look at them.”
-Odysseus from 'The Oddysey'

“Old man, the dogs were likely to have made short work of you, and then you would have got me into trouble. The gods have given me quite enough worries without that, for I have lost the best of masters [i.e., Odysseus], and am in continual grief on his account. I have to attend swine for other people to eat, while he, if he yet lives to see the light of day, is starving in some distant land. But come inside, and when you have had your fill of bread and wine, tell me where you come from, and all about your misfortunes.
-The Swineherd from 'The Oddysey'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenia_(Greek)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:44:20 pm by bitscape »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We came from distant galaxies and want to land our ship on earth. ;)

Now you're speaking my language :)  welcome!

Some of us prefer to be polite and hospitable to everyone when we first meet them.

There is plenty of time to vet a project and calmly declare "scam" later, if that's how it turns out.
(Screaming it at every new arrival is just what troll saboteurs want to do to keep us from growing.)

But there is only one chance to make a good first impression.

So the rest of us need to quickly steer them into our Welcome Center as soon as we see them.
Please help us refer newcomers to the new BitShares Chamber of Commerce where they will find a receptive and polite audience interested in hearing them out and helping them to make their case to the general forum.

First encounters are not where we want everyone to show how tough and suspicious they are.

I'm not super familiar with the logistics of a reputation system, but we're trying to build a world where everyone starts out with a flawless reputation until they prove otherwise are we not?

You either believe everyone starts out at 100% reputation or 0% right? Perhaps there's a 50% option?

I'm personally really excited by what GEMSPACE is up to, and want to see it succeed at it's stated goals!

Reputations must be earned.

Civility to strangers is a Best Practice.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
We came from distant galaxies and want to land our ship on earth. ;)

Now you're speaking my language :)  welcome!

Some of us prefer to be polite and hospitable to everyone when we first meet them.

There is plenty of time to vet a project and calmly declare "scam" later, if that's how it turns out.
(Screaming it at every new arrival is just what troll saboteurs want to do to keep us from growing.)

So the rest of us need to quickly steer them into our Welcome Center as soon as we see them.
Please help us refer newcomers to the new BitShares Chamber of Commerce where they will find a receptive and polite audience interested in hearing them out and helping them to make their case to the general forum.

First encounters are not where we want everyone to show how tough and suspicious they are.

I'm not super familiar with the logistics of a reputation system, but we're trying to build a world where everyone starts out with a flawless reputation until they prove otherwise are we not?

You either believe everyone starts out at 100% reputation or 0% right? Perhaps there's a 50% option?

I'm personally really excited by what GEMSPACE is up to, and want to see it succeed at it's stated goals!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:09:01 pm by bitscape »

Offline fuzzy

Dear Bitshares Community,

I just sent out a msg to Fuzzy that we would like to join the mumble transmission not this, but coming Friday the 1.Mai. An fitting day to announce, and answer any questions the community might have.

All the best,
Alec from Bitcoin42

Ps. Please excuse the spacyness of our landing page currently. Like other, we don't want to got to the moon. We came from distant galaxies and want to land our ship on earth. ;)

Done. 

Offline bitcoin42

Dear Bitshares Community,

I just sent out a msg to Fuzzy that we would like to join the mumble transmission not this, but coming Friday the 1.Mai. An fitting day to announce, and answer any questions the community might have.

All the best,
Alec from Bitcoin42

Ps. Please excuse the spacyness of our landing page currently. Like other, we don't want to got to the moon. We came from distant galaxies and want to land our ship on earth. ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:11:48 am by bitcoin42 »

TurkeyLeg

"To answer your question, there are slightly less than half a dozen in place right now."

Huh? You mean 5? Or 4? Or 1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
so this would be similar to what DACx is supposed to do?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline robrigo

Any update on the gemspace website? I need something to look at and get hyped about.  :P

Here ya go http://www.gemspace.net/

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Any update on the gemspace website? I need something to look at and get hyped about.  :P

Offline Akado

• View Profile
if you or Alec Hahn could send a mail from bitcoin42's domain or if it checks you hold the number +52 664 235 777 3 (presented on bitcoin42's site) people would calm down and believe you  :) at least you would have some kind of proof here, it could ease some minds

was about to ask the same.

I'll verify you - askfav -at- gmail.com

Plus I'd like to know more about open positions and how you want to fill them.

bitcoin42 sent an email confirming their identity.

Awesome. I'm waiting for that Mumble  8)

Regarding more hostile approaches, I guess everyone has to get used to it in the crypto universe. There were so many scams already that now everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

But I'm quite happy knowing it checks out. Will be waiting for more updates  +5%
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:48:24 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Nothing wrong with being a bit hostile and asking critical questions in my opinion. This is crypto, and it's best for a newcomers to deal with the heat from the beginning, or at least learn to deal with it.

That being said, I'm still waiting for an open job list @tsaishen :)

Offline fuzzy

Newmine is like O'Reilly on the O'Reilly factor...all sass and a less in the way of facts...though he isn't without his moments of brilliance. :D

Love you newmine! Not trying to call it out, but here I see you digging into the trash again and throwing it all over the yard.  Lol.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:58:24 am by fuzzy »

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Something tells me this is an alt-account created by someone who has been here awhile and they are attempting to pray on the desperate with the thoughts and dreams of success when BTS is at an all-time low in price and morale. It also seem that there are a few people blindly backing and accepting this guy despite the flags. This makes them either stupid, gullible, blind, or part of the scam. No offense of course.

Your advice is timely and should be well heeded. It is better to be careful then to regret later. 

The OP should answer the questions raised by NewMine.

Sorry what questions?  I read his post and I saw accusations that I felt really baseless.  Never saw a single question, very few facts and just a lot of assertions.
Perhaps if he has a question he could post his question, like everyone else did.

Also nothing to regret, no one is asking for anything, not even credibility or permission. 
We'll do as we like on our own schedule and structure our business according to our own needs. 

I started this to explain who we are, what we are doing and how we plan to do it and what we've done so far.
It's a convenience to the community so they aren't caught off guard.  I wish people would quit acting like we're trying to run a scam here, there's no scam. A scam would involve asking for something and I don't recall asking for anything but patience.

Despite the fact it's in the DAC section, we aren't a DAC and aren't seeking anything at all from the community.
Your expertise would be helpful as individuals and there are open positions that need to be filled.  Filling those from within the community would be ideal, but it's still up to members to choose whether or not they are interested in having the employment.

It's in the DAC thread because there literally doesn't appear to be any place on this forum for anyone who wants to build a business around bitshares to announce themselves.  If I'm wrong please point me in the proper direction or just move the thread to where it belongs.

I hate to say it, but if it bothers syou that you are looked at as a scam it is probably because you are in crypto, and preparing to do a crowdfunding campaign for a project. I am going to go out on a limb and say that everyone here has lost money to a scammer in crypto at some point so people offering services in this industry should have thick skin and be prepared to prove and defend themselves or consider something not so bleeding edge and unregulated.

Just like I've said in our background conversations, gaining trust is very important for every project.  We are not bitcointalk.org where someone just posts an [ANN] and gets a hundred bitcoin thrown their way free of charge without questions or putting their rep on the line.
We have the structures in place that we have in place...for a reason.
With that said...Newmine is about as rough around the edges as it gets...but it does play it's own (oddly chaos invoking) role.  I don't like admitting it all the time though...because I have learned a little bit of goes a long way :/

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Something tells me this is an alt-account created by someone who has been here awhile and they are attempting to pray on the desperate with the thoughts and dreams of success when BTS is at an all-time low in price and morale. It also seem that there are a few people blindly backing and accepting this guy despite the flags. This makes them either stupid, gullible, blind, or part of the scam. No offense of course.

Your advice is timely and should be well heeded. It is better to be careful then to regret later. 

Sorry what questions?  I read his post and I saw accusations that I felt really baseless.  Never saw a single question, very few facts and just a lot of assertions.
Perhaps if he has a question he could post his question, like everyone else did.

Also nothing to regret, no one is asking for anything, not even credibility or permission. 
We'll do as we like on our own schedule and structure our business according to our own needs. 

I started this to explain who we are, what we are doing and how we plan to do it and what we've done so far.
It's a convenience to the community so they aren't caught off guard.  I wish people would quit acting like we're trying to run a scam here, there's no scam. A scam would involve asking for something and I don't recall asking for anything but patience.

Despite the fact it's in the DAC section, we aren't a DAC and aren't seeking anything at all from the community.
Your expertise would be helpful as individuals and there are open positions that need to be filled.  Filling those from within the community would be ideal, but it's still up to members to choose whether or not they are interested in having the employment.

It's in the DAC thread because there literally doesn't appear to be any place on this forum for anyone who wants to build a business around bitshares to announce themselves.  If I'm wrong please point me in the proper direction or just move the thread to where it belongs.

I hate to say it, but if it bothers syou that you are looked at as a scam it is probably because you are in crypto, and preparing to do a crowdfunding campaign for a project. I am going to go out on a limb and say that everyone here has lost money to a scammer in crypto at some point so people offering services in this industry should have thick skin and be prepared to prove and defend themselves or consider something not so bleeding edge and unregulated.

Just like I've said in our background conversations, gaining trust is very important for every project.  We are not bitcointalk.org where someone just posts an [ANN] and gets a hundred bitcoin thrown their way free of charge without questions or putting their rep on the line.
We have the structures in place that we have in place...for a reason.
With that said...Newmine is about as rough around the edges as it gets...but it does play it's own (oddly chaos invoking) role.  I don't like admitting it all the time though...because I have learned a little bit of respect goes a long way :/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:49:44 am by fuzzy »

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile
if you or Alec Hahn could send a mail from bitcoin42's domain or if it checks you hold the number +52 664 235 777 3 (presented on bitcoin42's site) people would calm down and believe you  :) at least you would have some kind of proof here, it could ease some minds

@Favdesu , I'm not sure if Alec contacted you regarding open positions or not.  If he didn't it's only because neither of us saw the part about "I'd like to know more about open positions and how we want to fill them".  I know for a fact that I'm just now seeing it for the first time.  Took awhile for the coffee to kick in for me this morning I guess.  I know Alec is running on power naps at this point too.  He's out on business for the afternoon, but I'll meet with him shortly and talk to him.  Either I or Alec will send a PM later this evening explaining what we need.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

+5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

this  +5%

We both had a skype with Cryptoprometheus last week that resulted in the nullstreet journal article.  In that interview we went to great lengths to explain who we are, what we are doing and we even demo'd one of the ATMs.

Alec verified the bitcoin42 domain with Favedesu too.

great - if you need help on german translations or want to discuss something in german @alec, pls don't hesitate to contact me anytime!
Also for graphic related stuff pls just drop me a line ...

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile

this  +5%

We both had a skype with Cryptoprometheus last week that resulted in the nullstreet journal article.  In that interview we went to great lengths to explain who we are, what we are doing and we even demo'd one of the ATMs.

Alec verified the bitcoin42 domain with Favedesu too.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

this  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile
Dear Bitsharestalk members,

Before this thread turn into a witch hunting flame throwing dragon spamming ulgstamonsta, let me chip in some words here to backup the stuff "tsaishen" is slapping around your heads the past days.

My name is Alec Hahn, CEO and founder of Bitcoin42 (www.bitcoin42.com) and the freshly titled CEO of Gemspace. Please everybody understand that this is indeed a very ambitious project, and we are working very hard to be first hitters. The email communication issue was indeed a bit dumb, since a email forwarder was not set correctly to get notified about the domain registration information update.

I will soon make a more elaborated post. So please practice some patience and enjoy the ride in the meanwhile.

Best regards,
Alec

Hello Alec, I would suggest you give an emergency interview through Mumble. Fuzzy can help you introduce yourself to the community in a professional manner and give you an opportunity to expose your company and answer questions.

If you're not ready to do this then please don't be surprised by skepticism. Many people in the Bitcoin community have been burned by scams in the past.

If the Bitshares community determines Gemspace are legit then your company will receive a lot of support.

I don't think any of us are surprised by skepticism at this point.  It's more a matter of scheduling/timing the next time we all have a few minutes to reflect is Tuesday, and possibly some time on Wednesday.  After that point we all have our weeks pretty well determined.  Fuzzy asked for Friday but I don't think that's a day where any of us have time.

Not sure about the community at large, but we've already been talking with Bytemaster and Stan about various things including signed and returned NDAs.

Offline bitcoin42

Before this thread turn into a witch hunting flame throwing dragon spamming ulgstamonsta, let me chip in some words here to backup the stuff "tsaishen" is slapping around your heads the past days.

My name is Alec Hahn, CEO and founder of Bitcoin42 (www.bitcoin42.com) and the freshly titled CEO of Gemspace. Please everybody understand that this is indeed a very ambitious project, and we are working very hard to be first hitters. The email communication issue was indeed a bit dumb, since a email forwarder was not set correctly to get notified about the domain registration information update.

I will soon make a more elaborated post. So please practice some patience and enjoy the ride in the meanwhile.

Best regards,
Alec

Hello Alec, I would suggest you give an emergency interview through Mumble. Fuzzy can help you introduce yourself to the community in a professional manner and give you an opportunity to expose your company and answer questions.

If you're not ready to do this then please don't be surprised by skepticism. Many people in the Bitcoin community have been burned by scams in the past.

If the Bitshares community determines Gemspace are legit then your company will receive a lot of support.

Hi luckybit,

We have talked with Fuzzy in PM, and I think Tuesday should be doable for that chat. Friday is a nice idea too, since Bytemaster can chip in, but as I said, I m traveling that day and will likely not be available.
Stay tuned.

(EDIT: Addressing the wrong person... haha. Gets confusing with so many people using avatars). Btw, someone (favdesu)  ask what positions are open. We need somebody to take care of community work, since this can get quite absorbing. There are more positions of course. You'll find that on the website soon.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:31:32 am by bitcoin42 »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Best regards,
Alec

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:25:38 am by luckybit »

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile
I think this sounds awesome..  +5%

These are some of my qustions:

• You say compliance with Canada.. however, the securities compliance for crowdfunds in Canada are provincial and not federal.. will that be the level of compliance you will accomplish?
  • You say maw paw shops.. that suggests to me you are going to need boots on the ground so to speak to act as gateways/hand holders to these businesses that otherwise know nothing about this opportunity to crowdfund. does the business model incorporate regional partners?
  • You mention seeking out existing ATM operators.. I have a friend in my area that owns many in this area and manages them from top to bottom. What would be the advantage to him to incorporate this into his existing ATMs..can he?
  • I have tens of thousands of sq/ft of space in the bunker that would be ideal for assembly and/or distribution... need a Canadian distributor? Guaranteed to keep inventory safe under all conditions!  ;D
Looking forward to your reply!

I apologize, this is why I don't belong as the public voice of this.   According to the new guidance, US & Canadian companies can participate in JOBS act funding in accordance with US law.  Furthermore, parties from outside the US & Canada can participate by contributing capital, i.e. investing but cannot request capital e.g. make an offering.  In the USA, state law was completely pre-empted by the SEC in this regard.  It's possible some states such as AZ will likely sue to block the SEC.   If that occurs it would be a direct threat to our business model. 

Canadian companies are welcome to participate, but I expect that local laws there would not be superseded by SEC rules.  I recommend everyone with questions about legal applicability to their own situation consult this... http://www.sec.gov/rules/final/2015/33-9741.pdf  In short if I were a Canadian company seeking funding from the USA, I would definitely speak to my lawyer first.

As to number 2, we need boots on the ground everywhere, but we are waiting to put those boots on the ground until we have the shape of things hammered out.  I personally think we need to look at adding a marketing director as soon as possible.  If anyone is interested including newmine & tonyk2, the application form involves PMing me or Alec and introducing yourself at this point.

#3, incorporating into existing ATMs.  The help is totally welcome.  Alec struck a deal recently for expansion in Mexico that should add several units.  I'm doing my part to make sure those units integrate correctly.  We're also working on a deal for exposure in the USA at the moment.  Canada would be a good market into as well. 

Right my focus is on adapting existing Bitcoin ATMs to add Bitshares functionality to them.  If there were enough similar units from other manufacturers, I might push up the schedule.  I would do this if I could ascertain that there was someone with a sincere interest in the selling of bitshares through them. 

Odd you mention it though.  At the moment I'm fixing an ATM.  Specifically the thing on my desk in testing right now is a Skyhook, primarily because the software is already open source and I know a guy.  I've talked with other MFRs and have SDK access to about 3 different makes.  So it's more a matter of time than anything. 

As for the opportunity for the ATM owner/operator.  It's the opportunity to add a new revenue stream to your ATM business.  You set your margins and buy/sell coins directly.  We're working on a plan to reduce the bagholder risk while providing immediately liquidity too, but that plan needs a lot of work before it's worth discussing.  So can he participate?  Depends on the make and model right now.  If it's a skyhook I could use help in testing.  If it's not Skyhook, then PM me and we can talk.  SDK availability is the biggest hold up not really technical challenges.  A couple of MFRs are already in exclusive agreements with other crypto-companies, so my plan there is to work with those guys.

#4 Despite the fact I'm coding ATM software right this moment, I'm not in the ATM business.  I do know that there is a distributor opportunity from the MFR we are working most closely with.  So if you want to PM me your contact details I'll have them get a hold of you ASAP.

As far as us going into a bunker, it sounds like fun.  Probably going to need flame proof suits by the time this thread concludes ;)

I think I addressed everything, now if you'll excuse me the build tree on the replacement skyhook firmware just caught fire and I need to go see what's failing.  I'll check back in a few hours.

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile
Thanks. Just one more question. Are entrepreneurs supposed to create their IPO shares in short-name assets (3 to 5 character), which require 500k BTS? Or do they have an option to choose long company acronym, say 6 to 8 character?

This is one of those areas that is still up in the air. 

The current plan involves gemspace handling the creation and registration of the asset name on their behalf as soon as they receive a filing ID back from the SEC.  I can see this quickly becoming cost prohibitive though, especially if the price of BTS climbs. I mean really, what happens here if/when BTS reaches dollar parity? 

What will likely happen is that we will give them a longer ID for bitshares purposes, and then adapt a plugin/filter that performs an on the fly rename for the asset.  This happens all the time on the bigger exchanges.  You might see AAPL, but you're really trading AAPL:US on the NASDAQ or something that looks an awful lot like US0024812085 on other exchanges ("note, that is the ISIN for a completely different company, but it's given as an example").  Back in the day, we dealt with things that looked like US0024812085.1.10.002 which would denote a company, an asset class a batch number and lot.  Trading systems can get really specific.

Again something being discussed, but the point is to keep the process affordable. 
You shouldn't have to mortgage your house just to seek crowdfunding.

Good questions guys, please keep them coming.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think this sounds awesome..  +5%

These are some of my qustions:

• You say compliance with Canada.. however, the securities compliance for crowdfunds in Canada are provincial and not federal.. will that be the level of compliance you will accomplish?
  • You say maw paw shops.. that suggests to me you are going to need boots on the ground so to speak to act as gateways/hand holders to these businesses that otherwise know nothing about this opportunity to crowdfund. does the business model incorporate regional partners?
  • You mention seeking out existing ATM operators.. I have a friend in my area that owns many in this area and manages them from top to bottom. What would be the advantage to him to incorporate this into his existing ATMs..can he?
  • I have tens of thousands of sq/ft of space in the bunker that would be ideal for assembly and/or distribution... need a Canadian distributor? Guaranteed to keep inventory safe under all conditions!  ;D
Looking forward to your reply!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Thanks. Just one more question. Are entrepreneurs supposed to create their IPO shares in short-name assets (3 to 5 character), which require 500k BTS? Or do they have an option to choose long company acronym, say 6 to 8 character?
delegate-clayop

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile
Alec or tsaishen, can you elaborate how Gemspace has to do with BTS demand?

PS. Oh I'm really confused with Gemspace and Moonstone, calling Gemspace as Gemstone, and Moonstone as Moonspace.  :P

Good question.

Firstly there is the simple exposure.  We are not targeting you guys (nothing personal and you are free to participate if you want to), the plan is to bring in mom & pop small business, offer them the chance to take advantage of the capital markets and make the experience as seamless and easy to use as possible.  However they are going to have questions about this BTS stuff and that will have an effect on price.

Secondly is actual demand.  To issue a security itself takes BTS and quite a lot.  That is a demand channel because it eats into supply directly.
Furthermore when people buy the security they will be doing so in BTS and we are going to recommend that companies hold their BTS as bitUSD.  We are also going to try and encourage them to do business with eachother directly in bitUSD rather than cashing out to fiat. 

Imagine the effect if someone wanted to absorb and hold $1M USD in BTS through either BTS directly or via a bitAsset such as bitUSD.  The expectation is that this serves as a liquidity mop.  It drives demand directly by increasing the use cases.

Third is demand through the ATM network itself.  Some people will be interested in BTS and bitAssets and will acquire those directly for cash via the ATMs.  Your average bitcoin ATM sees about $3k per month in traffic.  However they aren't really in the highest traffic locations.  By placing them in higher traffic locations and also teaming up with other ATM owners, the exposure increases and thus demand should as a side effect of exposure.

I hope that's clear enough.

Offline konelectric

Best regards,
Alec

Qapla'  +5%
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Alec or tsaishen, can you elaborate how Gemspace has to do with BTS demand?

PS. Oh I'm really confused with Gemspace and Moonstone, calling Gemspace as Gemstone, and Moonstone as Moonspace.  :P
delegate-clayop

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

EDIT: Ps. I have been raised in Germany, so please forgive my grammar and spelling. Thanks

Hehe, keine Problem ;)

& Welcome on board Alec!

Sollten Sie mich hören versucht Deutsch zu sprechen

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

EDIT: Ps. I have been raised in Germany, so please forgive my grammar and spelling. Thanks

Hehe, keine Problem ;)

& Welcome on board Alec!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:03:47 am by cass »

Offline bitcoin42

How many total BTC ATM have you sold + installed?

Sorry if this is too intrusive. Just trying to get insight as to what have you done so far ( i.e. for about 1y ), and figure out how much time this project gonna take from now till actual results.

Bitcoin42 has three pillars of business operations.
- Distribution of Cyptocurrency enabling hardware or otherwise said: ATM & Terminal Distribution.
- Education & Consulting. Just two weeks ago for example we visited an local orphanage and will enable them to accept Bitcoin as donation and also teach them how to use them.
- Exchange via our brokers or directly via ATMs. Hopefully soon with an independent online gateway. ;)

To answer your question, there are slightly less than half a dozen in place right now.
Most of the work this past year has been on getting people to understand the value of crypto-currency in general.
At the moment, we are moving the existing ones to higher traffic locations as part of a pilot project, if that pilot goes as planned then there will be a contract for several more.
However that has nothing to do with gemspace.

Bitcoin42 is a participant in the Gemspace project, because it gives us the chance to offer bitAssets through our existing ATMs.
I'm the CEO because I believe the project has potential but needs firm guidance.  I also have the business contacts to see it through.

Best,
Alec

Offline fuzzy

Hello,

What I will be detailing here is not intended to announce a DAC, but as I explained over here... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15756.0/all.html

There doesn't seem to be an "announce your company" area, so this is where I promised to bring the discussion.

Please note that this is not intended as an announce. 
It is just a way to quickly answer questions that the community has had regarding us.

I am posting here because I promised I would give a complete rundown detailing.

#1 Who we are
#2 What we have planned
#3 Why we are planning it
#4 How far along we are
#5 What we still need to do
#6 It's expected impact
#7 Roles that remain to be filled

I try to always keep my promises, and I'm usually really good about meeting deliverables.
My goal was to have this thread opened for discussion about 24 hrs ago.

That did not happen, because the domain we were using for internal email exchange went offline due to an ICANN related issue. 
The actual issue was resolved almost immediately, but it appears that the internal communications within our company are still disrupted due to DNS caching of the previous state.  We've been using SMS alot, but there is only so much you can convey in 255 characters.

In case you're wondering about the ICANN issue, someone forgot to confirm something during the domain registration & renewal process, and it unexpectedly wiped us off the internet for a few hours.  We are now waiting for the internet to catch up.  Thank you clayop for bringing the matter to my attention so quickly.

Since there is no way for me to create a moderated thread, I would like to ask that everyone hold off on asking questions on this thread until I've had a chance to clean it up and go a bit more expository.  I'm thinking I can do that by Monday assuming Murphy's law doesn't strike again.

That should give me enough time to work out several fundamental technical items still on my plate (domains still not resolving, email down, equipment move etc).  Once those are out of the way, I will hopefully have more space to go into greater depth about things.

It will also allow me time to invite the other members of the project into the discussion, so we are all here standing together and then you can ask us anything.

In the meantime, let me give you the gloss of it, because you have been so patient with us.

As you know from the topic of the thread, we are called gemspace.
GEMspace stands for Global Electronic Marketspace.

We had tried to come up with an acronym for the "SPACE" portion, but everything we tried ended up feeling a bit tortured.

gemspace is our official registered name on the blockchain, we also use globalelectronicmarket.  globalelectronicmarket is used for running test transactions, whereas gemspace is the live "official" business account.

The company name is Gemspace Holdings Inc, but the registration paperwork has not returned from the state yet, so there is a possibility that this may change.  It is a joint venture between several other companies who are all smaller, closely held companies from Wyoming, Colorado & California and a few international players as well.  For legal & tax purposes we are incorporating in Wyoming, I'll update this posting to provide a link to the business registration once it's confirmed with the state.

The purpose of gemspace is to provide the world's first fully SEC compliant platform for small business to access the US capital markets.
We are operating under the JOBS Act, mostly Title III.

What makes us different from other "crowdfund" platforms is that we are building new technology to allow you to create fully compliant offerings and leverage the power of the blockchain.  In essence we will be turning the blockchain into the official "share transfer register", for any company that launches through our service.

Furthermore, we are building an exchange site where investors will be able to swap shares into and out of other bitAssets such as bitUSD.
The exchange site will ride directly on top of the decentralized exchange already built into bitshares.  Thus the exchange site itself is really more or less there to attract people who would otherwise not have an interest in cryptocurrencies.

The final piece of the puzzle is a gateway.  Our gateway is a bit different than most.  It isn't a "website" where you put in banking details etc.  Instead we are creating new firmware that will run on top of the most popular ATM platforms to allow existing "bitcoin" ATMs to offer the full range of bitshares & bitassets.  The goal is that an end user can go to the ATM, and buy or sell their bitassets directly for cash, in addition to processing their regular bitcoin business.

The gateway firmware project is being developed as part of the gemspace project, but at the technical level it is tied to bitshares, not gemspace.
This is necessary, because each country has it's own laws regarding the sale of equities and gemspace itself only targets compliance with US & Canadian laws.

In otherwords, we don't want an ATM owner in Brazil or Zimbabwe to be hemmed in by US law. 
We just want to ensure he/she has the best platform possible to increase their sales.

There are other pieces of this puzzle as well, but these are the most important and highest profile at this time.

As you can probably guess, this is a monstrously complex undertaking. 
The technology to make this work is my primary job and 20hr days have been the norm since March 25th.

My name is Devin Luker, I am known here as tsaishen (chinese money deity) and I am the CIO.  Because making the technology comply with SEC regs is a huge part of what I do here, I've found myself in a cycle of constantly pivoting between what we CAN do from a technical standpoint and what we are ALLOWED to do from a legal standpoint.

As broadly sweeping as they are, the technical aspects are actually only a small part of the puzzle.
There are also business, legal and financial matters, that make up the bulk of what is going on behind the scenes.

For example, our original goal was to launch with a "vote for your favorite company" community site.  Then we would take the top 10 each month and join them with an attorney who would walk them through the SEC registration process, from there we would give them compliance tech and let them manage it. 

We found out at the 11th hour, that the way the rules now read, would not really allow for that model.  This caused a business model pivot, that resulted in changes to requirements and of course the fundamental tech needs to be adapted to match.

So those of you who were expecting the voting thing, just be advised that voting is no longer a thing we will be doing at all.
Instead each company interested in listing will be fully vetted upfront, the opportunity screened and listed with the SEC directly.
In otherwords, you can just vote with your wallet.

The newer model is cleaner and simpler though.  Speaking from a technical standpoint, the new model is actually easier for us to implement.  From a business standpoint though, the compliance burden went up dramatically and this will result in a much slower on-boarding process.

We have a real advantage in the fact that the new SEC guidelines don't go into effect until 60 days after they were published in the federal register.   This gives us a little breathing time to allocate more resources to optimizing the compliance pipeline. 

Honestly though, it's not much time, and for the moment I'm wearing more than just the CIO hat, a certain chunk of the business planning work now falls to me.  This is one of the main reasons I was seeking to purchase bitUSD and pay people up front for their efforts in our launch.  By getting payroll sized up and allocated, there would be no problems with at least ensuring that at the end of the day we had no "accidental" volunteers as I've seen happen in so many other companies during pre-launch.

So this is a very high level overview of the 7 items I promised to discuss in depth and I realize that it barely only even touches on half of them.

It's currently 5:00 AM, I started writing this at 2:00 AM, I have a meeting at 6:00 AM and then I am physically moving equipment the rest of the day.  I don't expect to be back online until around 8 or 9 PM which is when I have a skype with the rest of the tech team.  I expect that to run until midnight, mostly because we will be doing a team coding session.

Sunday I will be working to stand up the website so we at least have a proper landing page for you guys to check out, then I'll hand over the landing page to marketing.  Once that is complete, I will come back here and update this posting.  I will eventually need to sleep, but the rest of the team is busier than I am.  I am inviting them to come here and at least make introductions.  We want you to know who we are, we're just a bit busier than we expected to be at this stage.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I'll see you Monday.

Scam.

I guess we will see.  Is there an actual reason you say this?

zerosum

How many total BTC ATM have you sold + installed?

Sorry if this is too intrusive. Just trying to get insight as to what have you done so far ( i.e. for about 1y ), and figure out how much time this project gonna take from now till actual results.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Thanks for your elaboration.

I was wondering how GEMspace generates additional demands for BitShares.

Are participants forced to create short-name (less than 6 characters) UIA with 500k BTS?

Are their assets traded in BitAssets only? (I think this can be a bad idea)
delegate-clayop

Offline bitcoin42

Dear fellow sailors of the digital oceans,

(Thanks for welcoming me aboard @clayop ;)

Akado:
It indeed seems you have a location and contact info. It just needs to be checked on.

We (Bitcoin42) have been all over the news in Mexico (and other outlets) last year with our ATMs, so it should not be difficult to verify that.

Akado:
I really hope this is the real deal.

I really hope so too, since otherwise my reputation, but even more important, my skill of judgment really should be questioned if this is not for real! Right now it is not for real, but we are REALLY building it all together as I write. Many pieces are already complete and it's about making it all stick and fall into place. Some of the team members are extraordinary skill full in their areas, which is one of the reasons for me to be part of this.

Just to give you a little insight into my "Cryptocoinhistory".
Since an early age I understood that systems which are in place today are not only obsolete, but life threating outrageously dangerous, brutal and unforgivingly nasty:
Bitcoin got my attention in late 2010, meanwhile I was researching everything I could find about open source software and hardware, and decentralization. Why would I do that? Well, as a videographer and media designer I was annoyed by the limits of closed soft and hardware. And meanwhile interviewing (for the Rachel Carson Center in Munich, Germany) over 90 scholars (mainly environmental historians) from around the world, I could hear out a common tenor in those interviews, which was that centrally planed operations made things go from bad to really bad. At this point I just love to quote Aldous Huxley, since his work resonates with me quite strongly:
Only a large-scale popular movement toward decentralization and self-help can arrest the present tendency toward statism...

So long story shot. I personally mined for a couple of years (2011-2014), then got frustrated with the scams and stupidity of meaningless hashing, and thought about decentralized exchanges(2013), but was incapable of pulling it of myself, so I got into the CryptocoinATM business instead (now www.bitcoin42.com) with the few coins I had left from my modest mining time. In the meantime i made a bunch of contacts and found skill full talents and friends working in the same directions as I am. Mining alternatives got soon my attention from fascinating ideas such as protein folding algorithms to actual implementations of Primecoin, Peercoin, Blackcoin and eventually to Bitshares. (Bitshares got especially my interest, since I'm also very interested in the liquid democracy idea, which is being tried out by the popular Pirate Party. I think this are experiments worth while trying). Besides of Bitshares I am also a strong supporter of the work of David Zimbeck, and his decentralized markets aka BitHalo (www.bithalo.org).  So here we are now. :)

Akado:
Eager to know more about this project

I am pretty sure we will have the landing page ready by tomorrow, which will summarize the essentials. But to hit that goal, I really need to stay of Bitsharestalk for the next 24h at least!

All the best and stay tuned,
Alec

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:25:11 am by bitcoin42 »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

Best regards,
Alec

Welcome aboard Alec!  +5%
delegate-clayop

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Best regards,
Alec

It indeed seems you have a location and contact info. It just needs to be checked on.

I really hope this is the real deal. Eager to know more about this project

Offline roadscape

Ambitious indeed. Look forward to learning more about it :)
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline bitcoin42

Best regards,
Alec
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:35:21 am by bitcoin42 »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Any reason why you would classify this as a scam?

Just a guess.

The "checks in the mail" excuses and the hesitation when asked for proof. Nobody is unplugged from the internet. Especially someone who lives in California or the pacific time zone.

20hour days is a crock of shit and you know it.

Oh, and Devin Luker from CA doesn't exist on Facebook. His writing style lumps him into a younger generation and a majority of young people at least have a FB account even if they don't use it. His name is probably fake.

several other companies who are all smaller, closely held companies from Wyoming, Colorado & California and a few international players
Can't name the names of the joint venture companies and he went ahead and listed states but couldn't list the countries. I bet he has a supermodel girlfriend back in New York too.
And, he is a CIO of this new Company that doesn't exist yet and these "joint venture" companies are allowing the CIO to reach out and sell the idea to gain funds.

Not to mention, he/they are creating a crowdsource platform, a trading platform, and an "on-ramp". Might as well throw a solution to World hunger and Cold Fusion in there and we'll be set to go.

And the kicker is:
Since there is no way for me to create a moderated thread, I would like to ask that everyone hold off on asking questions on this thread until I've had a chance to clean it up and go a bit more expository.  I'm thinking I can do that by Monday assuming Murphy's law doesn't strike again.
In other words, "ask me questions so I can figure out a way to work around them and tell you what you want to hear and I am going to take until Monday to figure it out. But if I can't figure it out I am reserving the right to delay on behalf of Murphy's Law"

Red flags continue to exist as I said in the other thread and you point out here.

He said he has engaged 27 (or was it 42) members (prepaid never the less) of this community. He said to them to speak and yet not a word  from even a single one of them....

At least he is not asking for money anymore  :) ... so let's wait and see where this things go.

I love you both  :)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
delegate-clayop

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Just a guess.

The "checks in the mail" excuses and the hesitation when asked for proof. Nobody is unplugged from the internet. Especially someone who lives in California or the pacific time zone.

20hour days is a crock of shit and you know it.

Oh, and Devin Luker from CA doesn't exist on Facebook. His writing style lumps him into a younger generation and a majority of young people at least have a FB account even if they don't use it. His name is probably fake.

several other companies who are all smaller, closely held companies from Wyoming, Colorado & California and a few international players
Can't name the names of the joint venture companies and he went ahead and listed states but couldn't list the countries. I bet he has a supermodel girlfriend back in New York too.
And, he is a CIO of this new Company that doesn't exist yet and these "joint venture" companies are allowing the CIO to reach out and sell the idea to gain funds.

Not to mention, he/they are creating a crowdsource platform, a trading platform, and an "on-ramp". Might as well throw a solution to World hunger and Cold Fusion in there and we'll be set to go.

And the kicker is:
In other words, "ask me questions so I can figure out a way to work around them and tell you what you want to hear and I am going to take until Monday to figure it out. But if I can't figure it out I am reserving the right to delay on behalf of Murphy's Law"

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
This may be the first and the most important attempt to bridge between the crypto world and traditional markets. It will fill the blank located in between BitShares and NYSE or NASDAQ.
delegate-clayop

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Question everything, don't believe strangers on the internet.

Offline lastagile

• View Profile

TurkeyLeg

Newmine is baiting - nothing more. Devin - I think you have an ambitious and game changing project on your hands. I wish the best of luck to you and your team. Will be watching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Looking forward to see your marketing. :)

I wish you well in your undertaking.  +5%

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Hello,

What I will be detailing here is not intended to announce a DAC, but as I explained over here... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15756.0/all.html

There doesn't seem to be an "announce your company" area, so this is where I promised to bring the discussion.

It is just a way to quickly answer questions that the community has had regarding us.

#1 Who we are
#2 What we have planned
#4 How far along we are
#6 It's expected impact

I try to always keep my promises, and I'm usually really good about meeting deliverables.

That did not happen, because the domain we were using for internal email exchange went offline due to an ICANN related issue. 
The actual issue was resolved almost immediately, but it appears that the internal communications within our company are still disrupted due to DNS caching of the previous state.  We've been using SMS alot, but there is only so much you can convey in 255 characters.

In case you're wondering about the ICANN issue, someone forgot to confirm something during the domain registration & renewal process, and it unexpectedly wiped us off the internet for a few hours.  We are now waiting for the internet to catch up.  Thank you clayop for bringing the matter to my attention so quickly.

That should give me enough time to work out several fundamental technical items still on my plate (domains still not resolving, email down, equipment move etc).  Once those are out of the way, I will hopefully have more space to go into greater depth about things.

It will also allow me time to invite the other members of the project into the discussion, so we are all here standing together and then you can ask us anything.

In the meantime, let me give you the gloss of it, because you have been so patient with us.

We had tried to come up with an acronym for the "SPACE" portion, but everything we tried ended up feeling a bit tortured.

gemspace is our official registered name on the blockchain, we also use globalelectronicmarket.  globalelectronicmarket is used for running test transactions, whereas gemspace is the live "official" business account.

The company name is Gemspace Holdings Inc, but the registration paperwork has not returned from the state yet, so there is a possibility that this may change.  It is a joint venture between several other companies who are all smaller, closely held companies from Wyoming, Colorado & California and a few international players as well.  For legal & tax purposes we are incorporating in Wyoming, I'll update this posting to provide a link to the business registration once it's confirmed with the state.

The purpose of gemspace is to provide the world's first fully SEC compliant platform for small business to access the US capital markets.

What makes us different from other "crowdfund" platforms is that we are building new technology to allow you to create fully compliant offerings and leverage the power of the blockchain.  In essence we will be turning the blockchain into the official "share transfer register", for any company that launches through our service.

Furthermore, we are building an exchange site where investors will be able to swap shares into and out of other bitAssets such as bitUSD.
The exchange site will ride directly on top of the decentralized exchange already built into bitshares.  Thus the exchange site itself is really more or less there to attract people who would otherwise not have an interest in cryptocurrencies.

The final piece of the puzzle is a gateway.  Our gateway is a bit different than most.  It isn't a "website" where you put in banking details etc.  Instead we are creating new firmware that will run on top of the most popular ATM platforms to allow existing "bitcoin" ATMs to offer the full range of bitshares & bitassets.  The goal is that an end user can go to the ATM, and buy or sell their bitassets directly for cash, in addition to processing their regular bitcoin business.

The gateway firmware project is being developed as part of the gemspace project, but at the technical level it is tied to bitshares, not gemspace.
This is necessary, because each country has it's own laws regarding the sale of equities and gemspace itself only targets compliance with US & Canadian laws.

In otherwords, we don't want an ATM owner in Brazil or Zimbabwe to be hemmed in by US law. 
We just want to ensure he/she has the best platform possible to increase their sales.

There are other pieces of this puzzle as well, but these are the most important and highest profile at this time.

The technology to make this work is my primary job and 20hr days have been the norm since March 25th.

My name is Devin Luker, I am known here as tsaishen (chinese money deity) and I am the CIO.  Because making the technology comply with SEC regs is a huge part of what I do here, I've found myself in a cycle of constantly pivoting between what we CAN do from a technical standpoint and what we are ALLOWED to do from a legal standpoint.

As broadly sweeping as they are, the technical aspects are actually only a small part of the puzzle.
There are also business, legal and financial matters, that make up the bulk of what is going on behind the scenes.

For example, our original goal was to launch with a "vote for your favorite company" community site.  Then we would take the top 10 each month and join them with an attorney who would walk them through the SEC registration process, from there we would give them compliance tech and let them manage it. 

We found out at the 11th hour, that the way the rules now read, would not really allow for that model.  This caused a business model pivot, that resulted in changes to requirements and of course the fundamental tech needs to be adapted to match.

So those of you who were expecting the voting thing, just be advised that voting is no longer a thing we will be doing at all.
Instead each company interested in listing will be fully vetted upfront, the opportunity screened and listed with the SEC directly.

The newer model is cleaner and simpler though.  Speaking from a technical standpoint, the new model is actually easier for us to implement.  From a business standpoint though, the compliance burden went up dramatically and this will result in a much slower on-boarding process.

We have a real advantage in the fact that the new SEC guidelines don't go into effect until 60 days after they were published in the federal register.   This gives us a little breathing time to allocate more resources to optimizing the compliance pipeline. 

Honestly though, it's not much time, and for the moment I'm wearing more than just the CIO hat, a certain chunk of the business planning work now falls to me.  This is one of the main reasons I was seeking to purchase bitUSD and pay people up front for their efforts in our launch.  By getting payroll sized up and allocated, there would be no problems with at least ensuring that at the end of the day we had no "accidental" volunteers as I've seen happen in so many other companies during pre-launch.

So this is a very high level overview of the 7 items I promised to discuss in depth and I realize that it barely only even touches on half of them.

It's currently 5:00 AM, I started writing this at 2:00 AM, I have a meeting at 6:00 AM and then I am physically moving equipment the rest of the day.  I don't expect to be back online until around 8 or 9 PM which is when I have a skype with the rest of the tech team.  I expect that to run until midnight, mostly because we will be doing a team coding session.

Sunday I will be working to stand up the website so we at least have a proper landing page for you guys to check out, then I'll hand over the landing page to marketing.  Once that is complete, I will come back here and update this posting.  I will eventually need to sleep, but the rest of the team is busier than I am.  I am inviting them to come here and at least make introductions.  We want you to know who we are, we're just a bit busier than we expected to be at this stage.

Scam.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
early days as I said... (probably the best time to invest on bitshares)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Should really consider securing space in the bunker for this. We are situated between the worlds largest financial markets, London and New York. Only we are less likely to be blown up by terrorists, flooded, or targeted by an EMP dirty bomb.. and even if we were, it wouldn't do anything. :)

Overall though interesting proposal. +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

zerosum

Monstrously ambitious undertaking!

Hope you have the determination, skills and resources to have this thing finished... and Good Luck!

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Intriguing to say the least!

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile
Hello,

#1 Who we are
#2 What we have planned
#4 How far along we are
#6 It's expected impact