Author Topic: gemspace -- SEC compliant platform  (Read 20741 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
We came from distant galaxies and want to land our ship on earth. ;)

Now you're speaking my language :)  welcome!

Some of us prefer to be polite and hospitable to everyone when we first meet them.

There is plenty of time to vet a project and calmly declare "scam" later, if that's how it turns out.
(Screaming it at every new arrival is just what troll saboteurs want to do to keep us from growing.)

But there is only one chance to make a good first impression.

So the rest of us need to quickly steer them into our Welcome Center as soon as we see them.
Please help us refer newcomers to the new BitShares Chamber of Commerce where they will find a receptive and polite audience interested in hearing them out and helping them to make their case to the general forum.

First encounters are not where we want everyone to show how tough and suspicious they are.

I'm not super familiar with the logistics of a reputation system, but we're trying to build a world where everyone starts out with a flawless reputation until they prove otherwise are we not?

You either believe everyone starts out at 100% reputation or 0% right? Perhaps there's a 50% option?

I'm personally really excited by what GEMSPACE is up to, and want to see it succeed at it's stated goals!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:09:01 pm by bitscape »

Offline fuzzy

Dear Bitshares Community,

I just sent out a msg to Fuzzy that we would like to join the mumble transmission not this, but coming Friday the 1.Mai. An fitting day to announce, and answer any questions the community might have.

All the best,
Alec from Bitcoin42

Ps. Please excuse the spacyness of our landing page currently. Like other, we don't want to got to the moon. We came from distant galaxies and want to land our ship on earth. ;)

Done. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitcoin42

Dear Bitshares Community,

I just sent out a msg to Fuzzy that we would like to join the mumble transmission not this, but coming Friday the 1.Mai. An fitting day to announce, and answer any questions the community might have.

All the best,
Alec from Bitcoin42

Ps. Please excuse the spacyness of our landing page currently. Like other, we don't want to got to the moon. We came from distant galaxies and want to land our ship on earth. ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:11:48 am by bitcoin42 »

TurkeyLeg

"To answer your question, there are slightly less than half a dozen in place right now."

Huh? You mean 5? Or 4? Or 1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
so this would be similar to what DACx is supposed to do?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline robrigo

Any update on the gemspace website? I need something to look at and get hyped about.  :P

Here ya go http://www.gemspace.net/

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Any update on the gemspace website? I need something to look at and get hyped about.  :P

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
if you or Alec Hahn could send a mail from bitcoin42's domain or if it checks you hold the number +52 664 235 777 3 (presented on bitcoin42's site) people would calm down and believe you  :) at least you would have some kind of proof here, it could ease some minds

was about to ask the same.

I'll verify you - askfav -at- gmail.com

Plus I'd like to know more about open positions and how you want to fill them.

bitcoin42 sent an email confirming their identity.

Awesome. I'm waiting for that Mumble  8)

Regarding more hostile approaches, I guess everyone has to get used to it in the crypto universe. There were so many scams already that now everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

But I'm quite happy knowing it checks out. Will be waiting for more updates  +5%
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:48:24 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Nothing wrong with being a bit hostile and asking critical questions in my opinion. This is crypto, and it's best for a newcomers to deal with the heat from the beginning, or at least learn to deal with it.

That being said, I'm still waiting for an open job list @tsaishen :)

Offline fuzzy

Newmine is like O'Reilly on the O'Reilly factor...all sass and a less in the way of facts...though he isn't without his moments of brilliance. :D

Love you newmine! Not trying to call it out, but here I see you digging into the trash again and throwing it all over the yard.  Lol.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:58:24 am by fuzzy »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Something tells me this is an alt-account created by someone who has been here awhile and they are attempting to pray on the desperate with the thoughts and dreams of success when BTS is at an all-time low in price and morale. It also seem that there are a few people blindly backing and accepting this guy despite the flags. This makes them either stupid, gullible, blind, or part of the scam. No offense of course.

Your advice is timely and should be well heeded. It is better to be careful then to regret later. 

The OP should answer the questions raised by NewMine.

Sorry what questions?  I read his post and I saw accusations that I felt really baseless.  Never saw a single question, very few facts and just a lot of assertions.
Perhaps if he has a question he could post his question, like everyone else did.

Also nothing to regret, no one is asking for anything, not even credibility or permission. 
We'll do as we like on our own schedule and structure our business according to our own needs. 

I started this to explain who we are, what we are doing and how we plan to do it and what we've done so far.
It's a convenience to the community so they aren't caught off guard.  I wish people would quit acting like we're trying to run a scam here, there's no scam. A scam would involve asking for something and I don't recall asking for anything but patience.

Despite the fact it's in the DAC section, we aren't a DAC and aren't seeking anything at all from the community.
Your expertise would be helpful as individuals and there are open positions that need to be filled.  Filling those from within the community would be ideal, but it's still up to members to choose whether or not they are interested in having the employment.

It's in the DAC thread because there literally doesn't appear to be any place on this forum for anyone who wants to build a business around bitshares to announce themselves.  If I'm wrong please point me in the proper direction or just move the thread to where it belongs.

I hate to say it, but if it bothers syou that you are looked at as a scam it is probably because you are in crypto, and preparing to do a crowdfunding campaign for a project. I am going to go out on a limb and say that everyone here has lost money to a scammer in crypto at some point so people offering services in this industry should have thick skin and be prepared to prove and defend themselves or consider something not so bleeding edge and unregulated.

Just like I've said in our background conversations, gaining trust is very important for every project.  We are not bitcointalk.org where someone just posts an [ANN] and gets a hundred bitcoin thrown their way free of charge without questions or putting their rep on the line.
We have the structures in place that we have in place...for a reason.
With that said...Newmine is about as rough around the edges as it gets...but it does play it's own (oddly chaos invoking) role.  I don't like admitting it all the time though...because I have learned a little bit of goes a long way :/

Some of us prefer to be polite and hospitable to everyone when we first meet them.

There is plenty of time to vet a project and calmly declare "scam" later, if that's how it turns out.
(Screaming it at every new arrival is just what troll saboteurs want to do to keep us from growing.)

But there is only one chance to make a good first impression.

So the rest of us need to quickly steer them into our Welcome Center as soon as we see them.
Please help us refer newcomers to the new BitShares Chamber of Commerce where they will find a receptive and polite audience interested in hearing them out and helping them to make their case to the general forum.

First encounters are not where we want everyone to show how tough and suspicious they are.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Something tells me this is an alt-account created by someone who has been here awhile and they are attempting to pray on the desperate with the thoughts and dreams of success when BTS is at an all-time low in price and morale. It also seem that there are a few people blindly backing and accepting this guy despite the flags. This makes them either stupid, gullible, blind, or part of the scam. No offense of course.

Your advice is timely and should be well heeded. It is better to be careful then to regret later. 

The OP should answer the questions raised by NewMine.

Sorry what questions?  I read his post and I saw accusations that I felt really baseless.  Never saw a single question, very few facts and just a lot of assertions.
Perhaps if he has a question he could post his question, like everyone else did.

Also nothing to regret, no one is asking for anything, not even credibility or permission. 
We'll do as we like on our own schedule and structure our business according to our own needs. 

I started this to explain who we are, what we are doing and how we plan to do it and what we've done so far.
It's a convenience to the community so they aren't caught off guard.  I wish people would quit acting like we're trying to run a scam here, there's no scam. A scam would involve asking for something and I don't recall asking for anything but patience.

Despite the fact it's in the DAC section, we aren't a DAC and aren't seeking anything at all from the community.
Your expertise would be helpful as individuals and there are open positions that need to be filled.  Filling those from within the community would be ideal, but it's still up to members to choose whether or not they are interested in having the employment.

It's in the DAC thread because there literally doesn't appear to be any place on this forum for anyone who wants to build a business around bitshares to announce themselves.  If I'm wrong please point me in the proper direction or just move the thread to where it belongs.

I hate to say it, but if it bothers syou that you are looked at as a scam it is probably because you are in crypto, and preparing to do a crowdfunding campaign for a project. I am going to go out on a limb and say that everyone here has lost money to a scammer in crypto at some point so people offering services in this industry should have thick skin and be prepared to prove and defend themselves or consider something not so bleeding edge and unregulated.

Just like I've said in our background conversations, gaining trust is very important for every project.  We are not bitcointalk.org where someone just posts an [ANN] and gets a hundred bitcoin thrown their way free of charge without questions or putting their rep on the line.
We have the structures in place that we have in place...for a reason.
With that said...Newmine is about as rough around the edges as it gets...but it does play it's own (oddly chaos invoking) role.  I don't like admitting it all the time though...because I have learned a little bit of respect goes a long way :/
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:49:44 am by fuzzy »

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile
if you or Alec Hahn could send a mail from bitcoin42's domain or if it checks you hold the number +52 664 235 777 3 (presented on bitcoin42's site) people would calm down and believe you  :) at least you would have some kind of proof here, it could ease some minds

@Favdesu , I'm not sure if Alec contacted you regarding open positions or not.  If he didn't it's only because neither of us saw the part about "I'd like to know more about open positions and how we want to fill them".  I know for a fact that I'm just now seeing it for the first time.  Took awhile for the coffee to kick in for me this morning I guess.  I know Alec is running on power naps at this point too.  He's out on business for the afternoon, but I'll meet with him shortly and talk to him.  Either I or Alec will send a PM later this evening explaining what we need.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

+5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

this  +5%

We both had a skype with Cryptoprometheus last week that resulted in the nullstreet journal article.  In that interview we went to great lengths to explain who we are, what we are doing and we even demo'd one of the ATMs.

Alec verified the bitcoin42 domain with Favedesu too.

great - if you need help on german translations or want to discuss something in german @alec, pls don't hesitate to contact me anytime!
Also for graphic related stuff pls just drop me a line ...

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█