Author Topic: Bitshare Website  (Read 8204 times)

Offline mikezweighaft

• View Profile
Invictus has acquired bitshares.net and bitshares.org.

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
So to clarify the outcome of this thread. Has invictus now secured both bitshare dot com and bitshares dot com. Excellent step if this is the case as a quick google of bitshares will explain why..
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline mikezweighaft

• View Profile
Neither of us knows what will happen in the long run. For now I am investing because it makes sense to me to do so with the price so cheap. The potential payoff is very large so the risk:reward is too good to pass on. The meme aspect of doge does not have to be a reason it will fail. Memes come and go all the time, yes, but a currency based on a meme is completely new. You could classify it as a fad now, and it the future it might fail or it might not. We will see.

You're welcome to do whatever you want with your money, but you've got to admit the future is much shakier for Dogecoin than it is for Bitcoin at this current moment in time, I don't agree with that. Bitcoin is  the winner here obviously, but Litecoin arguably a winner too and it differentiates itself from bitcoin with an algorithm that allows for 4x faster transactions (with a better name than BTC's SHA-256), and 4x more in supply planned.  Dogecoin's planned 100 billion supply is 1190x larger than that of litecoin. Litecoin has gotten into the 30's on its most recent buying mania - this bodes well for doge's future as it is still very new. The popularity of the coin has grown at a viral pace, and that is something that is really bullish to me. Whatever you think will be the ultimate fate of doge will be, if it's going to fail, it's going to start failing from a much higher price. There is a speculation wave happening in doge, and it's going to happen regardless of your opinion on its ultimate fate. I don't need to know what it's going to do in the end. I'll just ride the wave of speculation up, and then get out when it breaks. I see a price of $1 per doge as being very doable by this time next year. and thus my concern is for introducing people to a comparably much less stable currencyDogecoin is not less stable than bitcoin in my opinion.it has wider daily % swings but that's because of its extremely low price.  People who can't invest in bitcoin right now are going to look for other coins with a cheaper price / higher supply. In my opinion the meme aspect of doge is fantastic. It's going to drive the price higher than most people think it will. It may have started out as a joke but now it's viral. Who's to say our money can't be light-hearted and fun? than the one actually in use by people for commerce right now.   If Doge fails, everyone you gave Doge to is left with a bad taste in their mouth about cryptocurrency, which I do not like.  I gave out small USD amounts. They are lottery tickets for them. Yes Doge could succeed, but chances are much better it will become old news after a few weeks and fade away like hundreds of altcoins before it.I'm not up to date on the history of altcoins, has there really been that many that went to zero?  You're only giving away Dogecoins because you want to avoid that fate, so the act is purely selfish. That is not correct. I'm giving doges out because I want my friends to have more money. I explain that they are like lottery tickets. With doge, I have a unique and rare chance to buy an asset for an extremely low present value and an extremely high future value. Bet small to make a lot. Risk/reward and the very fast growth pattern so far in doge is why I am bullish on it. If I am correct about it, I don't want my friends to miss out. I'm giving out tiny speculative investments. They can't spend it now because transactions are difficult. if my friend's 2500 doges go to $1 apiece, that is going to end up being a really really nice gift for my friend.

I have no problem with you acting in this way, but lets not dress it up as anything other than the self-interest that it is. It is generosity. The promotion aspect of what I am doing is not lost on me, but I am not doing enough of it to make a dent in the mass opinion about Doge. I'm being selective in who I decide to offer Doge to.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:33:27 pm by mikezweighaft »

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
Neither of us knows what will happen in the long run. For now I am investing because it makes sense to me to do so with the price so cheap. The potential payoff is very large so the risk:reward is too good to pass on. The meme aspect of doge does not have to be a reason it will fail. Memes come and go all the time, yes, but a currency based on a meme is completely new. You could classify it as a fad now, and it the future it might fail or it might not. We will see.

You're welcome to do whatever you want with your money, but you've got to admit the future is much shakier for Dogecoin than it is for Bitcoin at this current moment in time, and thus my concern is for introducing people to a comparably much less stable currency than the one actually in use by people for commerce right now.    If Doge fails, everyone you gave Doge to is left with a bad taste in their mouth about cryptocurrency, which I do not like.   Yes Doge could succeed, but chances are much better it will become old news after a few weeks and fade away like hundreds of altcoins before it.  You're only giving away Dogecoins because you want to avoid that fate, so the act is purely selfish.

I have no problem with you acting in this way, but lets not dress it up as anything other than the self-interest that it is.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline mikezweighaft

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 12:14:56 am by mikezweighaft »

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
Hello everyone

In my opinion, the message that the crypto market is sending is that there is room for more than just bitcoin. Litecoin is gaining wider acceptance and I don't see any reason that trend can't continue. This is still a new market and no one knows who will be the winners in the end. Dogecoin has not proven itself to be a fad. It might have originated as a joke, but if it becomes popular and people transact in it, it will succeed. Why can't currency be something light-hearted as Doge is? As long as the technology behind it is solid.

I am new to the crypto market so take all this with a grain of salt, but I do know markets and I know that when price sends you a message, it pays to listen.

Memes come and go all the time, in a world of zero friction commerce (like crypto to crypto is currently) value can be as transitory as interest in the subject, or in the case interest in the joke.  You said you can't see a reason why it won't continue, the reason is because the reasons why it should continue are lousy and short sighted.  Invest to your own beliefs but dont go looking for value where only transitory interest resides.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline mikezweighaft

• View Profile
Hello everyone

In my opinion, the message that the crypto market is sending is that there is room for more than just bitcoin. Litecoin is gaining wider acceptance and I don't see any reason that trend can't continue. This is still a new market and no one knows who will be the winners in the end. Dogecoin has not proven itself to be a fad. It might have originated as a joke, but if it becomes popular and people transact in it, it will succeed. Why can't currency be something light-hearted as Doge is? As long as the technology behind it is solid.

I am new to the crypto market so take all this with a grain of salt, but I do know markets and I know that when price sends you a message, it pays to listen.

Offline bytemaster

woof, I don't like to see people giving away fad coins.  Once the joke is over, those people wind up with the idea that cryptocurrency is a bad deal when really its just the fad cryptocurrencies

I agree, it is not ideal to give away those coins in that manner.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
woof, I don't like to see people giving away fad coins.  Once the joke is over, those people wind up with the idea that cryptocurrency is a bad deal when really its just the fad cryptocurrencies

Offline bytemaster

Mike,
   I will accept your offer and put you in contact with your web lead who can handle the transfer.  Once the names have transferred we will send you 25 PTS and then announce on the forum your cooperation. 

Glad to have you onboard.

Dan

On Dec 25, 2013, at 8:43 AM, Michael Zweighaft  wrote:

Dan,

You make some excellent points and I fully understand. It was short-sighted of me to attempt an immediate profit in something that is still at an early stage and not yet bringing a profit to those who are actually doing the work. All I did was come up with the name bitshares, and I bought the domain names very soon after.

I will accept your offer of 20 PTS, but I would like to request an additional 5 PTS for the purpose of promoting ProtoShares and BitShares. I could help increase awareness by giving them away one at a time on facebook, twitter, and most importantly reddit. Reddit is a powerhouse in the social media world, and has been a chosen platform for many who are interested in cryptocurrencies. The Bitcoin subreddit is a major part of the bitcoin community - it has almost 90,000 subscribers. The Litecoin subreddit has about 15,000 subscribers and r/dogecoin also has 15,000 subscribers and is growing extremely fast. By comparison, the Protoshares subreddit only has 4 subscribers, and r/bitshares has 17 subscribers. There is some catching up to do.

I have recently become an investor in Dogecoin, and I have been giving some away to my friends on facebook as a holiday gift. When I message my friends and offer them some DOGE, they are initially reluctant because they don't understand how to use it or why it has value. But it's a great benefit to a new user to simply install the wallet and make a transaction.

We are still so early in this movement, and it is very exciting to me to have a brand new asset to invest in. I think by this time next year we are going to be very happy with the growth we have seen, both in the prices of cryptocurrencies and the businesses that work to develop the infrastructure.

I'm glad we could make a deal, and I'm excited to get involved in the cause.

Mike

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Daniel Larimer  wrote:
Michael Zweighaft,
    We are not profiting from owning the name BitShares but have given everyone an equal opportunity to contribute and profit from the cause.  I would recommend that you contribute them to the cause because this is bigger than any one of us.   Those that are invested in the potential of BitShares would rather us spend $20K building bitshares than paying off someone attempting to profit from registering a name I first used just 10 days after you registered the domain.   100% of the value of the domain right now is of my creation and I have not had a payday anywhere near $20K for my work in making BitShares a reality.

I think that you would profit far more from supporting the cause and investing in BTS and ProtoShares than by attempting to leverage your domain squatting for a quick buck.

Bottom line, I am willing to offer you 10 PTS per name and then give you a lot of credit for contributing to the cause like everyone else has contributed.  Far better for us to spend $10K actually building a website than just for the domain.   Be a hero or villain, your choice.

So I would welcome you to the team and will gladly credit your contribution to the movement.

Dan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Offer them 1 PTS for the names. Then laugh.

They want 5000 PTS...

I actually laughed out loud at this... Don't give them anything...

They have reduced their request to 2500 PTS.

Keep saying no until they ask for 10 PTS, and then say no again. Lol They won't be able to sell that domain to anyone for more than $100 and won't keep it forever, just wait it out.

Exactly right.   It looks like they registered it a mere 10 days before my first posts referring to BitShares over on bitcointalk.org.  What are the chances?

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile

They want 5000 PTS...

Keep saying no until they ask for 10 PTS, and then say no again. Lol They won't be able to sell that domain to anyone for more than $100 and won't keep it forever, just wait it out.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline domsch

• View Profile

They want 5000 PTS...

That's roughly $40k for 2 names that had been registered in May 2013..

Do you guys really want .net and .org btw?

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com

They want 5000 PTS...

They still live in the pre-internet-bubble era :p
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline bytemaster

They want 5000 PTS...