Author Topic: DPOShub.org [PR Delegate Update Thread]  (Read 13533 times)

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Nicely laid out plan for a much needed service. You have my support!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Ping me if you'll need anything gfx related!!!!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Great proposal  +5%

DPOShub as you described it would be a much needed tool! Is someone else already working on it? Who would do the programming? It's a big project! 

DPOShub might not be an ideal name since Bitshares at its core may not be about DPOS in the future. On the other side DPOShub centers around delegates... A few random ideas for naming: bitshareshub, delegatehub.

Great questions.. we do have someone who has started on some programming.. but we certainly have a lot of work to do so if there is anyone else who wants to get involved you are welcome.

We are staying away from the bitshares name specifically because DPOS operates across all chains. Toyed with delegate type names.. but it just became much longer in comparison.

I have never heard of DPOS not being in the future of bitshares.. actually it has been the rock upon everything else has tethered. Can you elaborate on knowing something rest of us don't? Or was it just a 'could be' commentary?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Great proposal  +5%

DPOShub as you described it would be a much needed tool! Is someone else already working on it? Who would do the programming? It's a big project! 

DPOShub might not be an ideal name since Bitshares at its core may not be about DPOS in the future. On the other side DPOShub centers around delegates... A few random ideas for naming: bitshareshub, delegatehub.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:33:11 am by delulo »

can the name DPOS of your projects change to something else ?

because while we know what DPOS is , other people don't .

It's not catchy  , and it doesn't have any meaning while pronouncing to the outside world .

"Di Pauls" ..... that's what it sounds like ...

especially if you use it as a job listing site aiming for a lot of people outside of the crypto space .

Generally when it comes to naming schemes you want at least one of two things.. either where you are.. or what you are. In this case DPOSHub really is identifiable to what we are and in some ways where. I understand what you mean about the outside world not relating to what it is.. but the topic revolves around Delegates .. the name really focuses on that in a short simply way people can remember.

As far as the sound.. DPOS almost sounds like a new type of acronym for POS.. which is a common term in the business community for Point of Sale. If I were being introduced to this as a business community I might assume this to be similar until I learn of its full name, which would come across in the design in some way I am sure.

Regardless... feel free to submit suggestions on what type of catchy names you think might be better. No reason to not seek out improvements.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
can the name DPOS of your projects change to something else ?

because while we know what DPOS is , other people don't .

It's not catchy  , and it doesn't have any meaning while pronouncing to the outside world .

"Di Pauls" ..... that's what it sounds like ...

especially if you use it as a job listing site aiming for a lot of people outside of the crypto space .

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Awesome! Thanks Xeroc! Appreciate your vote!  +5%

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This will be on my slate after the next update!
+5%

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
BitShares Public Relations: Delegate Proposal & White Paper
Delegate: delegate.dposhub-org

Michael P. Maloney
@CryptoPrometheus

Jonathan Baha'i
@DataSecurityNode

For the past three months, while the core devs have been working diligently to enhance, reinforce, and solidify the BitShares software protocol, my business partner Jonathan and I have been busy identifying and mapping a specific group of public relations and social media tools that will help support and strengthen the bonds of human relationships, both personal and professional, that are perhaps equally as vital to the success of BitShares.

In the following pages, we outline a plan for addressing some of the key difficulties our community has faced in attempting to generate PR traction both within and outside of the cryptosphere. We have identified three separate categories as they relate to the gathering and processing of information...

Continued:
http://www.dposhub.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/dposhubdelegateproposal.pdf
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:39:45 am by CryptoPrometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero