Author Topic: DPOShub.org [PR Delegate Update Thread]  (Read 13532 times)

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
Your delegate proposal is very well thought through. You clearly understand the social construct and needs of the Bts community. DPOShub has my vote!
 +5%

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
We are happy to announce that we have a functioning DPOShub proof-of-concept, and
at this stage we are finishing a few last minute tasks before we open up the platform
for beta testing. We are super excited to finally be able to share what we have been
working on with the BitShares community!

After we go live, we want to use the “grace period” before BitShares 2.0 to gather and
process the feedback you give us. We are particularly keen to learn what additional
functions you would like to see on DPOShub, as we plan to systematically integrate
a more complex and nuanced set of features with the advent of DPOS 2.0. Alas, we
have already begun to outline a few ideas, but we are (currently) limited to a handful of
viewpoints. We are hoping that some of you will share your insights with us!

Stay tuned….and If you haven’t done so, please vote for our delegate:
delegate.dposhub-org. Also, be sure to visit www.dposhub.org and enter your email
address so we can notify you when we go live.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Sounds great! We are well on our way!

Love the brain metaphor as well.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
All in for this project :)  +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Update and Progress Report

Since last month, Jonathan and I have been working to build a simple, solid, functional and reliable platform for BitShares delegates (which now includes witnesses and workers) to organize, publish, and syndicate their shareholder updates and proposals and thus create a more efficient delivery system for vital shareholder (voter) information. We are also implementing a real time communications network similar to Slack for all account holders (both delegate and non-delegate), and a message board which will enable users to post classified listings of Meetups, Jobs/Help Wanted, Professional Services, Resumes and more. In essence, the first iteration of DPOShub.org will be a multi-facited web-based application which will include all of the functionality outlined in Phase 1 of the delegate proposal section of our whitepaper(OP of this thread), along with several bonus features that I’ve been told I am not allowed to speak about yet :).

We have hired a programmer who will help us to integrate with BitShares 2.0 API so that all DPOShub account holders will have their account names verified by the blockhain. Since there is some ambiguity, not to mention future community discussion that must take place before DPOS 2.0 is fully ironed out, we are currently engaged in developing the more mundane aspects of the design and layout of DPOShub.org as well as the integration of its various feature sets.

Several community members have offered to assist with this project, and we are having ongoing discussions towards this end. Meanwhile, please consider voting for our delegate: delegate.dposhub-org, and stay tuned this thread for updates.

Thank you!
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Thanks to everyone who added this to your slates.

We are really excited to see all the support for more delegate accountability and public relations.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

iHashFury

Offline wackou

+5% voted and added you to my slate
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Looking good fellas!   +5%

besides my vote, let me know how I can be of help!

+5% to that and voted.

Thanks Robrigo!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline robrigo

+5% to that and voted.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Great initiative guys! Do you have an MVP in mind or do you plan to flesh it all out at once?

I have never heard of DPOS not being in the future of bitshares.. actually it has been the rock upon everything else has tethered. Can you elaborate on knowing something rest of us don't? Or was it just a 'could be' commentary?

It's just a 'could be' I think. But if it changes we can say DPOS stands for Distributed Point of Sale :)

Our MVP is outlined on page 11
- Cicero

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Great proposal  +5%

DPOShub as you described it would be a much needed tool! Is someone else already working on it? Who would do the programming? It's a big project! 

DPOShub might not be an ideal name since Bitshares at its core may not be about DPOS in the future. On the other side DPOShub centers around delegates... A few random ideas for naming: bitshareshub, delegatehub.

Great questions.. we do have someone who has started on some programming.. but we certainly have a lot of work to do so if there is anyone else who wants to get involved you are welcome.

We are staying away from the bitshares name specifically because DPOS operates across all chains. Toyed with delegate type names.. but it just became much longer in comparison.

I have never heard of DPOS not being in the future of bitshares.. actually it has been the rock upon everything else has tethered. Can you elaborate on knowing something rest of us don't? Or was it just a 'could be' commentary?
BM said a few times on mumble that he has a functional approach to the consensus system and that whatever serves bitshrares that best will be utilized. I didnt imply anthing specific.

Jabajaba and Fuzzy have had similar thoughts and maybe plans. Jabajaba can do programming. But I am sure you talked to Fuzzy and Jaba already...

Offline roadscape

Great initiative guys! Do you have an MVP in mind or do you plan to flesh it all out at once?

It's just a 'could be' I think. But if it changes we can say DPOS stands for Distributed Point of Sale :)
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape