Author Topic: A Toast to Toast  (Read 9371 times)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
To Clarify:  Music is still planning their own chain and that hasn't changed.  I am merely attempting to find out what it would take to CHANGE that while still providing a win for NOTE holders.   It is possible that nothing could change that.  COB and Eddie have done said nothing and my position has long been a desire to bring them into BTS.
how about peertrack.com , does it belong to note holder ,i think it would belong to note holder ,
I think the value of note is out of chain ,
peertrack.com is a company ? note is the stake of this company? and the stake is exchanged in bts system , is it right?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:30:23 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Basically, a new DAC is launching to focus on entertainment startups that want to leverage the functionality of BitShares. This DAC won't have market pegged assets and will function autonomously from BitShares. Multi-currency wallets such as moonstone will act as the bridge between multiple chains, so one can still trade between artistcoins issued on the Entertainment DAC and bitUSD issued on BitShares.

Citation needed.

not sure on the minute mark...
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-music-dev-hangout-03-27-2015-s3

Thanks. I listened to this hangout before and don't remember the bolded conclusions above. I will listen to it again.

Although, I would appreciate it if bitsapphire could just confirm whether it is true or not and save me time.

Edit: I only skimmed through it (it would be so nice if there were transcripts), but I am pretty sure those claims were not made in that hangout.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:06:06 am by arhag »

Offline Globally Distributed

• View Profile
Basically, a new DAC is launching to focus on entertainment startups that want to leverage the functionality of BitShares. This DAC won't have market pegged assets and will function autonomously from BitShares. Multi-currency wallets such as moonstone will act as the bridge between multiple chains, so one can still trade between artistcoins issued on the Entertainment DAC and bitUSD issued on BitShares.

Citation needed.

not sure on the minute mark...
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-music-dev-hangout-03-27-2015-s3
"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA

kudos robrigo

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

Citation needed.

Offline valtr

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Cheers to Toast.

Offline bobmaloney

TO TOAST!
(I still think BitSharesTOAST was the best idea that never happened)  :P

Hear, hear!

I still hope to purchase a .toast domain with crumbs and jelly someday soon.

Sent from my Cap'n Crunch Bo'sun whistle.

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Riverhead

Glad to hear Toast has found a way to pay the rent and still contribute to the BTS project as well as others. I have complete faith in the the remaining core devs. Having Toast on other projects strengthens the ecosystem as a whole.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Not to be stupid here, but what exactly the heck is notes and why is it not part of the blockchain?  I'm trying to grok the ecosystem a bit better here.
What would be their reason for running a blockchain fork which to my mind would be a hostile action.
In the future there might be a Bitshares VIDEO, who knows?
And a BitShares Digital Art!

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Not to be stupid here, but what exactly the heck is notes and why is it not part of the blockchain?  I'm trying to grok the ecosystem a bit better here.
What would be their reason for running a blockchain fork which to my mind would be a hostile action.

Scalability. By having multiple blockchains which we collectively own a piece of the DPoS community scan scale. What doesn't necessarily remain the same is the percentages of holdings but that's not so important to everyone.

The social consensus is that 10% would go to AGS and PTS. As a result the community owns a stake in Bitshares Music even though it is a separate chain. Additionally Bitshares can communicate with Bitshares Music through ACCT (atomic cross chain transactions).

Notes had a separate crowdsale and you're free to buy some Notes if you want but it's not the same purpose of Bitshares. It's for music artists exclusively. In the future there might be a Bitshares VIDEO, who knows?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline robrigo

Check out http://whatarenotes.info.

The reason it is being launched separate dates back to the idea of multiple DACs using the BitShares toolkit- some of the projects started were merged into BitShares (VOTE and DNS for instance) while others (Play and Music) are still working on their own version of the code.

Offline onceuponatime

What are NOTEs
http://whatarenotes.info/

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Thanks for the clarification BM.. the vacuum of silence here on matters like this creates a lot of crazy new stories.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Tuck Fheman

when can i get some bittoast?