Author Topic: Merchant accepting BitShares or BitAssets / UIA on BitShares - advice please  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Thank you very much jsidhu.  There is no immediate rush as our new website must launch first but I'm looking forward to trying out the plugin and will feed back!

I used jsidhu services for my own site http://cryptosmith.info/index.php and I was very pleased.

Not only did he complete the work ahead of schedule but he also went above and beyond in what he was asked to do.

That's a wonderful endorsement for jsidhu, thanks Gentso1.  Lovin your site!!   

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Thank you very much jsidhu.  There is no immediate rush as our new website must launch first but I'm looking forward to trying out the plugin and will feed back!

I used jsidhu services for my own site http://cryptosmith.info/index.php and I was very pleased.

Not only did he complete the work ahead of schedule but he also went above and beyond in what he was asked to do.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
That sounds like an interesting concept!  I'm not sure i understand how that would work or what the benefit would be?  Could you explain a bit further what that would mean please?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 09:14:42 am by Ben Mason »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
do you also want to be able to login to your site using bitshares login? I did prestashop but magento was next
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I have a stake in a friend's Vape retail company, Vape Emporium, based in Hampstead London.  We also have a website http://vapeemporium.com/ which is currently being rebuilt and should be relaunched in a couple of weeks.  Once the new website is live, i'd really like for us to be able to accept BitShares & BitAssets.  Are the merchant plugins ready to go?  Could someone please suggest a good place to start for up-to-date info and support?

Also, in trying to think of how I could add value to both BitShares and Vape Emporium, I started contemplating the potential issuance of a UIA on BitShares.  I imagined the token could operate like a loyalty scheme that would discount VE's products (is this potentially dangerous with growth needing to pay for the discounts?) and perhaps act as the reward for some kind of referral scheme.  I'm having difficulty working through the economics though; how many tokens should there be at launch, can we involve our suppliers, should we do an asset drop and to whom? Should used tokens be burned?  Should the supply be fixed?  Can anyone imagine a scenario where a competitor might accept our UIA to discount their products etc. 

I would appreciate any feedback or insights you may have.  This is a genuine attempt to bring value/transactions and awareness to BitShares.....we need everyday people to eventually start using our BitShares products.  Vaping is a growing trend with numbers and demographics that should appeal!  We could also do a lot to point non-crypto literate people to the right places for more information if the UIA is a success and it generates further interest in BitShares.

What platform will vapor website use? There are plugins for a bunch with more to come.

The website is currently using the Magento online shopping cart software.
Magento is nice.. See https://github.com/sidhujag/bitshares-magento

I have updated bitshares checkout and need to go back and update all carts u can install this one ill do that next monday. You can install it now to see it on action but there are new features ive added like a ticker at top of checkout..

If you can wait till tuesday it will be updated.. You cam start by installing bitshares client on your server and syncing blockchain.. The checkout needs the client installed locally.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I have a stake in a friend's Vape retail company, Vape Emporium, based in Hampstead London.  We also have a website http://vapeemporium.com/ which is currently being rebuilt and should be relaunched in a couple of weeks.  Once the new website is live, i'd really like for us to be able to accept BitShares & BitAssets.  Are the merchant plugins ready to go?  Could someone please suggest a good place to start for up-to-date info and support?

Also, in trying to think of how I could add value to both BitShares and Vape Emporium, I started contemplating the potential issuance of a UIA on BitShares.  I imagined the token could operate like a loyalty scheme that would discount VE's products (is this potentially dangerous with growth needing to pay for the discounts?) and perhaps act as the reward for some kind of referral scheme.  I'm having difficulty working through the economics though; how many tokens should there be at launch, can we involve our suppliers, should we do an asset drop and to whom? Should used tokens be burned?  Should the supply be fixed?  Can anyone imagine a scenario where a competitor might accept our UIA to discount their products etc. 

I would appreciate any feedback or insights you may have.  This is a genuine attempt to bring value/transactions and awareness to BitShares.....we need everyday people to eventually start using our BitShares products.  Vaping is a growing trend with numbers and demographics that should appeal!  We could also do a lot to point non-crypto literate people to the right places for more information if the UIA is a success and it generates further interest in BitShares.

What platform will vapor website use? There are plugins for a bunch with more to come.

The website is currently using the Magento online shopping cart software.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
first  +5%

In theory the use of a cryptocoin should be cheaper for the customer, because the merchants has no counterparty risk to fraud!

In practice no merchant use this advantage to get the eayes of the crypto users. You should calculate how much cheaper you can offer your products, if you have not to pay : VISA card, fraud buyers etc.

If you have the number now we can talk about to find a nice pricpoint to bitAsset buyers.

Lets assume you can now make it 10% cheaper for buyers in general, this would let me think as a buyer "What the fuck is bitGBP if i buy with this here?".

UIA:
If you want to use it as a kind of coupon you are fine with the regulation and you can think about it as a first step for a new business. There are a lot of companies out who are selling coupon books to people, because you will get promoted. Now you can start to sell your UIA in the beginning, because if you use them you will get a discount on my purchases. If you find more businesss much better, because now your
coupon is more useful and will promote your and the other businesses for free.

This would be my thinking to get this started!

I agree, any savings in efficiency due to the use of crypto could fund the product discount....I'm not sure yet what that figure will be.

Thinking about how to appropriately use the UIA is making my head spin! Thanks for your input!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
first  +5%

In theory the use of a cryptocoin should be cheaper for the customer, because the merchants has no counterparty risk to fraud!

In practice no merchant use this advantage to get the eayes of the crypto users. You should calculate how much cheaper you can offer your products, if you have not to pay : VISA card, fraud buyers etc.

If you have the number now we can talk about to find a nice pricpoint to bitAsset buyers.

Lets assume you can now make it 10% cheaper for buyers in general, this would let me think as a buyer "What the fuck is bitGBP if i buy with this here?".

UIA:
If you want to use it as a kind of coupon you are fine with the regulation and you can think about it as a first step for a new business. There are a lot of companies out who are selling coupon books to people, because you will get promoted. Now you can start to sell your UIA in the beginning, because if you use them you will get a discount on my purchases. If you find more businesss much better, because now your
coupon is more useful and will promote your and the other businesses for free.

This would be my thinking to get this started!

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile