Author Topic: Brainstorming - metaexchange feature  (Read 3920 times)

Offline monsterer

we could also something do like this:

if we can only execute a part, the rest will get a limit order with an possible execution at the same price the first part got transfered.

The user can only cancel this order through his BitShares account

That would work for the bitshares side, but for bitcoin, it's more difficult because there is no way to prove ownership of the orders.

I think your original idea of setting a refund address by transaction memo is the best way :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
we could also something do like this:

if we can only execute a part, the rest will get a limit order with an possible execution at the same price the first part got transfered.

The user can only cancel this order through his BitShares account

Offline monsterer

Thanks Paul. But if I send always lower amounts than the max amounts shown i.e. 0.1 BTC less everytime there shouldn't be a problem with any refund right? And if for some reason something happens I could always contact you and we can fix this right?

As long as nothing else goes wrong, you should be ok :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline joele

• View Profile
I am interested about this since I am planning to send some BTC from bitstamp and I know some others friends are going to do the same. Will this be a problem? In case of a problem we can always pm you and you look at this right? For us if we download the whole bitcoin wallet it will take at least 3 days to synch...We are all in BTS for quite some time now...

Be careful if you do this - if you send over the maximum transaction size, the transaction will get refunded to bitstamp, not to you.

I am planning to implement a proper refund address setting as per shentist's sugguestion, but for now, please take care when you send :)

Thanks Paul. But if I send always lower amounts than the max amounts shown i.e. 0.1 BTC less everytime there shouldn't be a problem with any refund right? And if for some reason something happens I could always contact you and we can fix this right?

It will be troublesome, contacting exchanger and verifying addresses to the max manually, exchanger will hate you for this. :D

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I am interested about this since I am planning to send some BTC from bitstamp and I know some others friends are going to do the same. Will this be a problem? In case of a problem we can always pm you and you look at this right? For us if we download the whole bitcoin wallet it will take at least 3 days to synch...We are all in BTS for quite some time now...

Be careful if you do this - if you send over the maximum transaction size, the transaction will get refunded to bitstamp, not to you.

I am planning to implement a proper refund address setting as per shentist's sugguestion, but for now, please take care when you send :)

Offline joele

• View Profile
If there is BTC refund, transfer small amount to customer Bitshares account with memo that they have BTC refund and a short URL that redirect to How To Refund page in your website.
The How to Refund page explain how to send small amount to your Bitshares account with Bitcoin address in the memo, and with example.

or compress the message in the memo on how to get the refund.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:28:17 am by joele »

Offline monsterer

I'd like to see an optional option to associate a bts id with a fixed bitcoin adr for deposit / refund

I don't think this is possible for deposit, but it certainly is for refund. For deposit, the address is unique to your market requirements, so we can identify you as a trader.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'd like to see an optional option to associate a bts id with a fixed bitcoin adr for deposit / refund

Offline monsterer

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

How about a bitcoin mixing service.

I thought that was illegal under some jurisdictions, though it could certainly attract a great number of bitcoin users and even open the door for bitAssets into the deep web, however I think that's an approach some don't agree with.

Offline Pheonike

How about a bitcoin mixing service.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Cool, the core devs are thinking 2 steps ahead as usual ;D

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Look what happens when I click the Deposit page on Bter.com, we need a page like this in the web-wallet:

Bter generated a BTC deposit address its user. Metaexchange's API could generate a deposit address for the web-wallet user, and he wouldnt even have to know hes using Metaexchange.

Im sure everything Im saying is obvious but its good to refresh where our priorities should be.

hi speedy,

we already wanted it, but it is not on us, to get it into the wallets. We agreed with moonstone and limewallet to do it, and it seems the core devs will start as well to get us and blocktrades integrated.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Look what happens when I click the Deposit page on Bter.com, we need a page like this in the web-wallet:

Bter generated a BTC deposit address its user. Metaexchange's API could generate a deposit address for the web-wallet user, and he wouldnt even have to know hes using Metaexchange.

Im sure everything Im saying is obvious but its good to refresh where our priorities should be.