Author Topic: [Cointelegraph] BitShares 101: Basics of the World's 4th Most Popular Cryptocurr  (Read 8992 times)

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile
Good article.
Cointelegraph seems to me much better than Coindesk these days.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
It's funny how little impact the crypto Media has on a crypto company's share price.
For example, when Paypal announced they would accept Bitcoin, it hardly even gave Bitcoin a bump.

Another example: Factom is on fire right now. Why?
Because of a TEAM of marketers (Lisa Cheng, Peter Kirby, Nick M, etc).

BitShares has a TEAM of marketers too.
You. Me. Every single Shareholder here (especially the ones who have seen some Yield coming in).

So, you have to ask yourself... What can I do to bring a Whale to BitShares today? Tomorrow? Saturday? _______?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I'm too lazy to open my wallet, rarely do it but you got me to do that just to vote. lol
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114033/bitshares-101-basics-of-the-worlds-4th-most-popular-cryptocurrency

great work  +5%

So far this is the best article in the media about BitShares   :)
 +5%

+5%
Agreed.

By far the best media article ever about BitShares.
Thanks KenCode for his excellent job of explaining BitShares, and to Amanda for the well written article!

Well that was all kinds of awesome. +5%

Great job KenCode!

Bravo!   +5%
I was so absorbed in reading this article I missed my train stop!
More fuel for the rocket ship to the moon and beyond. =)

good stuff...add it here https://bitshares.org/press ?

get ready guys! Check your seat belts... we are ready to go  ;)

Well done Ken, you do a good job of explaining Bitshares!

Great interview.  +5%
I wish more people would go out and do something - the consens, it seems to me, is rather busy with internal talk.

Great job Ken,  You have done more for bitshares in your short time here than most have over the last year.  Keep up the great work.

Amanda and I discussed quite a few topics actually and I never called myself the pr manager, but whatever, I do this (basically) full time now, so I may as well be.
The interesting thing is that you basically just realized where your talents are most needed...and I walk away from this post thinking maybe you should reread that part in bold and really let its message sink in.

KenCode is infinitely better to Brian Page. ;)
We support our new KenCode overlords!

I think this is the type of thing that paid delegates were made for - creating these kinds of business partnerships.  (Of course, hiring devs and paying for community market projects are also great uses).
KenCode, I plan to vote for your 100% delegate when you create it, and hopefully some whales will as well!

KenCode, I plan to vote for your 100% delegate when you create it, and hopefully some whales will as well!
Me too. We better get you set up with a hangout.

Shameless, I know guys, but I could really use your Votes.
@DataSecurityNode got my Delegate all setup and running this morning! :)

I've got a lot more in the works for BitShares too as you'll see around the forum and in my Delegate Proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit

PLEASE VOTE!
bts:delegate.kencode/approve or...
Open wallet > Advanced > Console > approve delegate.kencode true

This latest CoinTelegraph interview was just me gettin warmed up 8)
Please and Thank You!
  -ken
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thanx guys :)

I know you guys don't know me and I don't spend much time in front of a camera, but here I am if you're curious:
https://plus.google.com/photos/117873369211698954153/albums/6097080021904595825

Here is some other personal stuff about me:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15904.0.html

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

- you job description does not really fits to a 100% pay delegate if you compare it with a core dev .. does it?

I think this is the type of thing that paid delegates were made for - creating these kinds of business partnerships.  (Of course, hiring devs and paying for community market projects are also great uses).

Me too. We better get you set up with a hangout.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
- you job description does not really fits to a 100% pay delegate if you compare it with a core dev .. does it?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
No like how did you hear about bitshares?  And what things did you hear that got you excited?  What are your expectations as well?

Taulant at Bitsapphire. Him and I skype ideas back and forth.

What really really sold me was when I took a look at all the centralized crypto exchanges out there, dying. For many different reasons. Then, there was little'ol BitShares sittin there, sayin hey ken, look at me man, I'm still here, quietly growing, quietly backed by bad ass coders. Look at my code on github man, I'm no joke.

Having started, and run a multi-million dollar software company for over 16 years, and spending a couple months looking everything over, it was clear to me that this was it. Yeah, I still trade some alts, but that won't last forever, nor will I need to do that for much longer. The stronger I can make BitShares, the easier all of our lives will become. My heart is full of love guys. No matter how many times we fall (and I've fallen harder than most, and been burned harder than most), every time we get up we're stronger for it. god, i feel like that v for vendetta guy right now. Like BM said, BitShares won't even be seen after a while, it'll just be the invisible cradle on which all of our crypto investments just run. Not in so many words of course ;)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
No like how did you hear about bitshares?  And what things did you hear that got you excited?  What are your expectations as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode. 
I think what your missing is:
Why Bitshares?  And what brought you here?

Probably the same things that brought most of us here.
The desire to be financially free. Human freedoms. Centralization of power. Tyranny. Financial and economic oppression. War. Bilderberg. Suffering. Racism. Rampant looting. Paying someone to enslave me and my family. Why wouldn't I be here? :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
- Why don't let Cube buy bitEUR/bitUSD and get paid in bitUSD/bitEUR isntead of BTS? would make you tax report a lot easier too .. everything above your pay can be burned by cube again
- can you give a more concrete list of things you want to do while being payed from the blockchain?
- Have you checked with the other 100% pay delegate proposal? I like peter's proposal and he got voted in: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13995.0
- have you seen this? http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2014/12/24/Delegates-Should-Have-a-Business-Plan/
just my 2 BTS

That's what I was thinkin too for Cube's piece. If it's kept in crypto then I shouldn't have to worry too much, right? Germany has declared Bitcoin specifically as an asset, not a currency, but nothing has been said at baFin.de afaik about Bitshares, altcoins or any other crypto coins or assets. I'll ask him that once he replies to my PM.
My list of things that I've done, am doing and will do is very concrete, but if you think of something else I should add in there, please let me know. I am a contracts fanatic and I do not like gray areas, so the tighter we can make my Proposal, the better.
As you can see from my /about and /bio pages, I am very familiar with writing business plans. The software company that I built ran for over 16 years, so hiring/firing, marketing, leadership and even the art of the business lunch are no mystery to me. I'm very good at it as you can see from the photos in my bio.
Going 100% for me is no joke, I'm all in here. I'm personally invested as well. What helps the BitShares community helps my family too.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
kenCode. 

I think what your missing is:
Why Bitshares?  And what brought you here?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
- Why don't let Cube buy bitEUR/bitUSD and get paid in bitUSD/bitEUR isntead of BTS? would make you tax report a lot easier too .. everything above your pay can be burned by cube again
- can you give a more concrete list of things you want to do while being payed from the blockchain?
- Have you checked with the other 100% pay delegate proposal? I like peter's proposal and he got voted in: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13995.0
- have you seen this? http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2014/12/24/Delegates-Should-Have-a-Business-Plan/

just my 2 BTS

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok guys, so I've been logging my work since I've been here (yes, I'm anal-retentive too) and I really would like to get paid and go full-on BitShares.
I know we're tight on money right now which is why I've been so hard on others to perform.
I don't fuck around when it comes to business and finance. Check out my bio in here too:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit

I have drawn up this Delegate Proposal but I will not submit it yet until the payrate thing is agreed upon. I have put my personal stuff in there too so that you can see my 20+ years of experience doing this sort of thing for startups.

I have a family of four (two little girls and a wife) and I am willing to go full-on for €24 per hour (please equate that to BTS (preferred)).
Please read it over when you get a minute and place your comments on it too if needbe.

I am going to launch BitShares, just like I've done with those 3 other startups "to the moon" as you guys say.
Please advise, and thank you for your time :)
  -ken
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ander

• View Profile
KenCode is infinitely better to Brian Page. ;)

We support our new KenCode overlords!

Offline fuzzy

Bitcoins and Gravy was easy compared to this Cointelegraph interview.

I had a lot of help from Stan on this one but over the last month my verbage has gotten WAAAAAY better when explaining bitAssets (that was my weakest point). Amanda and I discussed quite a few topics actually and I never called myself the pr manager, but whatever, I do this (basically) full time now, so I may as well be.

I have 2 more major interviews coming with different media people I know and another smaller one that I am working with Bitsapphire this week too.
I'll keep everyone updated as usual... You know us "overactive forum members" lol ;)

The interesting thing is that you basically just realized where your talents are most needed...and I walk away from this post thinking maybe you should reread that part in bold and really let its message sink in.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

I had a lot of help from Stan on this one but over the last month my verbage has gotten WAAAAAY better when explaining bitAssets (that was my weakest point). Amanda and I discussed quite a few topics actually and I never called myself the pr manager, but whatever, I do this (basically) full time now, so I may as well be.

I have 2 more major interviews coming with different media people I know and another smaller one that I am working with Bitsapphire this week too.
I'll keep everyone updated as usual... You know us "overactive forum members" lol ;)

Great job Ken,  You have done more for bitshares in your short time here than most have over the last year.  Keep up the great work.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Great interview.  +5%
I wish more people would go out and do something - the consens, it seems to me, is rather busy with internal talk.

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

get ready guys! Check your seat belts... we are ready to go  ;)
maybe the last chance to get in this ship...

it will be an awesome story to tell after a couple of years! I bet every minute we spent on this project will be worth it!

Growing pains close to the end...

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Bravo!   +5%

I was so absorbed in reading this article I missed my train stop!

More fuel for the rocket ship to the moon and beyond. =)

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
By far the best media article ever about BitShares.

Thanks KenCode for his excellent job of explaining BitShares, and to Amanda for the well written article!

Offline fuzzy

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

+5%

Offline Akado

• View Profile
great work  +5%

we have to build a little bit for the google kraken and benefit from it, in the next month.

assuming the moonstone launches, we should have plenty of articles i guess  :D

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
great work  +5%

we have to build a little bit for the google kraken and benefit from it, in the next month.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:36:55 am by cass »