Author Topic: Protoshare for dummies step by step  (Read 3208 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Re: Protoshare for dummies step by step
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 08:50:25 pm »
I'm from Germany and the most efficient and cheapest way I figured out was:

1. Buy BTC on Bbitstamp. They have the best rates. Be careful with the restrictions they have for submitting documents to open an account. Count in 1-2 business days for opening an account.
2. Transfer BTC to bter.com (it seems like they have better rates than cryptsy but that is just a tiny bit) and buy pts for bitcoin.
Best Regards

Offline osalja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 09:55:28 am »
cant find the info regarding putting my wallet on another computer, could you give me a link.

When it comes to mining, can I do that? should join some pool , dont really understand how it works and how to do it

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 09:02:02 am »
Thank you once again

Managed to open the wallet , Encrypted it but how can I see if it is encrypted or not? A safety copy should that be made up on USB ?

Wil try to get a small part of a protoshare to see if it works

Merry Christmas by the way

You don't need the passcode until you send PTS. You can put the backups anywhere. I have three. You can even put your wallet on paper! It is scary at first, I know. You can test it with a little amount, it will make you feel better. You should also try to put your wallet on another computer too. There's a how-to post on the forum about transferring your wallet.dat.
Merry Xmas
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline osalja

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 08:45:50 am »
Thank you once again

Managed to open the wallet , Encrypted it but how can I see if it is encrypted or not? A safety copy should that be made up on USB ?

Wil try to get a small part of a protoshare to see if it works

Merry Christmas by the way

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 08:11:32 am »
It takes time to sign up for a BTC exchange. It took me a week. So you can take your time and read through the forum.

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 08:05:57 am »
Thank you!

Thanks
By google around and read a bit, it seems like bitstamp is the best option for europeans, so will buy bitcoins there and transfer them to cryptso.com or Bter.com.
 Can suggest which one is the best for me as a european out of these 2?

Download the pts wallet, tried that and get down a file but dont know what to do with it.

Encrypt your wallet and make a backup, how do I do this?

Transfer my PTS to my wallet how do I do that?

Once the above is done what else do I have to keep track over getting bonus coins etc, new launches

After the BTC exchange, it's the American wild west. You should never keep coins in the exchanges. I liked Bter and have not used cryptsy yet, but others here have. Beware, there is or was a crypt.sy site that I almost signed up for.

The PTS client is very easy to use--after you get it working that is. When I did it, I had to add nodes to it. I don't know if you have to do this anymore. The first thing you do is find the encrypt wallet in the menu. Enter a password, don't forget it. Then, there's a backup wallet button too. You can do this many times. Put your encrypted wallet in the cloud or on a memory stick or both.

Transfer PTS to your wallet using an address under the receive button.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:09:21 am by que23 »

Offline osalja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 07:54:19 am »
Thank you!

Thanks
By google around and read a bit, it seems like bitstamp is the best option for europeans, so will buy bitcoins there and transfer them to cryptso.com or Bter.com.
 Can suggest which one is the best for me as a european out of these 2?

Download the pts wallet, tried that and get down a file but dont know what to do with it.

Encrypt your wallet and make a backup, how do I do this?

Transfer my PTS to my wallet how do I do that?

Once the above is done what else do I have to keep track over getting bonus coins etc, new launches

Offline que23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 07:20:48 am »
1. Get bitcoin(BTC)
See if there are bitcoin meetups near your location.
Set up an account at an exchange. Mtgox is the most famous. I don't know what they use in Europe.

2. Exchange your BTC for PTS
You can move your BTC into another exchange. The most popular are cryptsy.com and Bter.com

3.Download the PTS wallet from Invictus' website.
Encrypt your wallet and make a backup.

4.Transfer your PTS to your wallet.

Goodluck

Offline osalja

• View Profile
Protoshare for dummies step by step
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 06:57:48 am »
Im one of thoose that are not that skilled with computers and having a hard time to understand how to even buy Protoshares and how to keep them etc once you get them.

Surely Im not the only one that has difficulties.

Nevertheless I understand the concept of protoshares and like to purchase about 1000 protoshares.
What I suggest is that a support opens that people can call and get help, that would benefit the Protoshare both awareness spread and valuation.
A support to call is that something that could be arranged by someone?

Id like to purchase 1000 Protoshares as mentioned how do I do that ( Swedish citizen)
Can someone make up an easy to follow dummy guide step by step (guess have to buy bitcoins first? so start were and easiest way via cc or my bank in sweden)

Thanks in advance