Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 61611 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Actually it looks like Greece might have a bank holiday etc. pretty soon, so I would guess for the next week or so you're better off being in Bitcoin.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

BTS suffers from many problems, past and present and though there are good developments in the pipeline which give BTS a lot of potential, none of them gave me a great deal of certainty that BitAsset use and adoption would increase drastically. Over the last few months I sold over 90%+ of my BTS and was waiting for a significant reversal in either share price or BitAsset adoption before I would consider buying again.

However BitAssets3.0  has completely altered my expectations. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15775.0.html
These changes or some ultimate variation of them make BitAsset use far more attractive to longs and also to shorts too and I think will largely address BitAssets core problem of liquidity.

I will personally use BitAssets in fairly large quantities, even at the current stage of development. I also anticipate others will do the same.
I think we're going to see a sharp uptick in BitAsset use from existing BTS shareholders & others once these changes are introduced. 

The increased BitAsset CAP's and adoption trend should quickly translate into a much higher valuation for BTS. So I've been buying at these prices even though it could still dip further.

You are welcome to come back via BunkerShares UIA!  :D .. if you want a use case for bitassets this is in my estimation the current most compelling one for use and returns.

Either way happy to hear you are back to buying.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
BTS suffers from many problems, past and present and though there are good developments in the pipeline which give BTS a lot of potential, none of them gave me a great deal of certainty that BitAsset use and adoption would increase drastically. Over the last few months I sold over 90%+ of my BTS and was waiting for a significant reversal in either share price or BitAsset adoption before I would consider buying again.

However BitAssets3.0  has completely altered my expectations. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15775.0.html
These changes or some ultimate variation of them make BitAsset use far more attractive to longs and also to shorts too and I think will largely address BitAssets core problem of liquidity.

I will personally use BitAssets in fairly large quantities, even at the current stage of development. I also anticipate others will do the same.
I think we're going to see a sharp uptick in BitAsset use from existing BTS shareholders & others once these changes are introduced. 

The increased BitAsset CAP's and adoption trend should quickly translate into a much higher valuation for BTS. So I've been buying at these prices even though it could still dip further. 
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline fuzzy

I think he made it clear he doesnt believe in same things as other core members i doubt hes working on bts.. Probably helped cause the downtrend by selling his millions of bts and every bts he earns via delegate

Haha, now pointing the finger at Toast? He made it clear he left BTS for Note. And if his delegate wasn't voted out, all pay would go to Valvaz.

Apparently the BTS holders thought this was a good idea, to keep the delegate in. Luckily Fuzzy and the awesome  +5% gang, have decided that in times of crisis creating more 100% delegates is the solution. With the help of BM we are made to believe that the extra created BTS, doesn't have a influence on the price. This is why the price is falling, realization has set in that there will never be a fiat crisis, since QE is apparently the solution.

Thanks, I hate having to repeat this stuff. Maybe it's easier to just turn off the delegates to make it clear to people who don't hang around the forum?
Maybe you can talk a bit more indepth on the cardinal sins that bitshares committed instead of coming off as if tou were right and noone listened to you.. I wouldnt be here if it werent for the delegate system and inflation as other devs.. You will stsrt to see fruit of the labor soon as these tools will be integrated.. Would you have said that if price was rising no.. So you assume its one of the reasons it fell howver i think it makes for a buying opp because all of the work hasnt been priced in.. Nothing in crypto to compare it to..

I check the forum every single day and knew only faintly about it howver its so obvious by the tone of your posts.. Usually happens when dev leaves or has little or no stake (sold off)

Almost two months... this page has the discussion about it https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,14379.msg187335.html#msg187335

Thanks for pointing out the thread which indicates toast has left for Notes for good.  Strange that there is no formal announcement of it and it was being mentioned as a by-the-way reply-post in a 'random discussion' thread.  I suppose the the core team finds no value in giving a formal announcement to the community.

One thing I can say for certain is that I have reached out to toast to join up with the community again on more than a few occasions.   There has been plenty of chances.  To say the entire dev team does not find value in it is to me a bit unfair.   
Toast makes his own decisions and must live with the consequences. ..both positive and negative.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I think toast has always been independent, so I don't see what the big fuss is all about. If he wants to work on something he likes no one can stop him. I'm actually excited about this, and now have more confidence in NOTE than ever.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I think he made it clear he doesnt believe in same things as other core members i doubt hes working on bts.. Probably helped cause the downtrend by selling his millions of bts and every bts he earns via delegate

Haha, now pointing the finger at Toast? He made it clear he left BTS for Note. And if his delegate wasn't voted out, all pay would go to Valvaz.

Apparently the BTS holders thought this was a good idea, to keep the delegate in. Luckily Fuzzy and the awesome  +5% gang, have decided that in times of crisis creating more 100% delegates is the solution. With the help of BM we are made to believe that the extra created BTS, doesn't have a influence on the price. This is why the price is falling, realization has set in that there will never be a fiat crisis, since QE is apparently the solution.

Thanks, I hate having to repeat this stuff. Maybe it's easier to just turn off the delegates to make it clear to people who don't hang around the forum?
Maybe you can talk a bit more indepth on the cardinal sins that bitshares committed instead of coming off as if tou were right and noone listened to you.. I wouldnt be here if it werent for the delegate system and inflation as other devs.. You will stsrt to see fruit of the labor soon as these tools will be integrated.. Would you have said that if price was rising no.. So you assume its one of the reasons it fell howver i think it makes for a buying opp because all of the work hasnt been priced in.. Nothing in crypto to compare it to..

I check the forum every single day and knew only faintly about it howver its so obvious by the tone of your posts.. Usually happens when dev leaves or has little or no stake (sold off)

Almost two months... this page has the discussion about it https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,14379.msg187335.html#msg187335

Thanks for pointing out the thread which indicates toast has left for Notes for good.  Strange that there is no formal announcement of it and it was being mentioned as a by-the-way reply-post in a 'random discussion' thread.  I suppose the the core team finds no value in giving a formal announcement to the community.
They  prob left it to him.. And we know the resullt of that
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Something something greedy fearful something something.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I think we need some Huge announcements from the Devs at this point, some serious media coverage before it is really too late! Only the Devs can stop this downfall and I think its about time they act.

They act?

The video footage of them coding like maniacs is about to be released thanx to the BitShares Peer to Peer Tour that is just now coming to an end. I just heard the mumble from their roadtrip, their visit with the Devs along the way, their interview on Let's Talk Bitcoin in Nashville.......
They're workin Mad Hours.
Maybe you can help us out a bit (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15715.0.html) ??

Shots from their journey: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,14865.0.html

Bad news can drive the price down .
But good news can't drive the price up , unlike what people commonly believe in .

Good news only matters when the price is going up . If a good news happened at exactly the moment the pumper want to pump the price , then the good news often takes credit for the rise . But it's not .

That's why in Bitcoin market , huge good news sometimes doesn't work , while sometimes small good news would drive the price up .

Driving the price up needs cash , good news can't provide actual cash itself .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I think we need some Huge announcements from the Devs at this point, some serious media coverage before it is really too late! Only the Devs can stop this downfall and I think its about time they act.

They act?

The video footage of them coding like maniacs is about to be released thanx to the BitShares Peer to Peer Tour that is just now coming to an end. I just heard the mumble from their roadtrip, their visit with the Devs along the way, their interview on Let's Talk Bitcoin in Nashville.......
They're workin Mad Hours.
Maybe you can help us out a bit (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15715.0.html) ??

Shots from their journey: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,14865.0.html
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:07:31 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

I think unfortunately Bitshares is going to become really centralized...

1) I think that at these levels most of the original investors who kept their BTS at all costs are very discouraged. Of course most of them appear to have already gone and dump BTS at any price..Discouraging people and dumping their investments has the consequence few whales to buy them and results in centralization of shares...

2) We have heard about potential huge deals behind the scenes but nothing yet..So what is their purpose? To discourage all the current investors so new investors can get in at ridiculously low prices? Guess what these new investors will do when their investment suddenly doubles or more... New crash all over again..

3) It looks to me that BTS had just 1 pump and then got dumped...We appear to be no different from any altcoin out there..Confidence gets destroyed day by day...

Unless you guys stop dumping your holdings NOW then BTS will become worthless very very soon and no matter what happens in the future, no matter the development, the progress and all the nice things that BTS could become no one is going to care...

I apologize for the tone of this post. I know many people and especially the Devs are doing whatever they can. I believe that this community has many honest people that want BTS to succeed but we are getting hammered day by day..So please Devs just do something about this..

Is Noone looking at moonstone?  Have you seen how applesque their presentation is from the very start? I see many potentially huge things on the horizon stemming from that alone.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Where can we see on github how "notes" development is in progress?

PS I bet a core dev will be totally "unknown " to us...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Isn't toast a core notes dev?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Where can we see on github how "notes" development is in progress?

PS I bet a core dev will be totally "unknown " to us...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:03:49 pm by liondani »

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
From my observation BM has a little above average intelligence that was far overmatched by his big ego, a fake Libertarian that jump at every chance of grabing power, he single handedly destroied Bitshare, that's sad.

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
The killer feature bitshares is missing is credibility and trustworthiness. Changing the supply schedule is a cardinal sin and absolutely nothing has been done to legitimize it

The killer feature is the ability to hardfork and must upgrade at will, for a big stake holder that's like a gun at his head and he'll agree to whatever the dev demands:( that totally distroys bitshare value as a cryptocurrence!