Author Topic: Hangout Questions for Bytemaster (Due Friday @ 10:00am EST)  (Read 9328 times)

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
uhm by how long more roughly? 1 month?

1.0 has been postponed due to BitAssets 3.0...

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
1) Separate block producers, Workers, Feed Producers, and Chain Management (fee setting, block size limits, etc)
2) Make the number of each category voted upon by the stakeholders. 

+5% this feature is underrated
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Tuck Fheman

turing complete smart contracts which will be our LAST hard fork.

Is this something Bitshares will be working on alone or are you collaborating with Ian Knowles at CIYAM (http://ciyam.org/at/)? He's scheduled to have the first cross-chain transaction on a mainnet complete before months end between Burst and Qora.

I have been in talks with Ian since the early days of BTS.   I have reviewed his work and consider it superior to Ethereum.  I would likely take an approach similar to his and adopt his code if it gains any traction and is proven.   Performance is my primary consideration as well as simplicity. 

Wow. Color me surprised.

This is great to read and thank you for also pointing out that it's superior to Ethereum, you've made a few other coins happy. ;)

I hope in a few weeks everything goes well and people take notice.

I read in another thread that BitShares has no plans to implement ACCT.

Do you have something else in mind on that front or simply do not believe it's needed for BitShares?

ACCT sounds like a great solution that can be fairly easily implemented by most coins, so I'd love to hear your opinions on ACCT, why it's good/bad/other, why BitShares is not interested (I have an idea, but want to hear yours) and anything else you're willing to share on ACCT (considering this has nothing to do with BitShares). If you're previously expressed opinions on ACCT elsewhere, I'd love to read that too! (links or it didn't happen)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:51:29 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

My question to Bytemaster:

How can I in practical terms setup a long term BOND (say 10 years+) product using the BitShares platform as the vehicle to both hold fund and also produce yield for the holders of the bond?

Funds would be accepted in fiat or cyrpto, but the bond itself would be kept in the blockchain. Ideally to some extent be able to allow each bond holder in real time to see their funds and its yield to make it as transparent and reassuring as possible to holders. Would this involve a UIA.. or creating a MIA?

So essentially if I wanted to offer a type of BOND product worldwide, how can I use the BitShares platform, and what challenges do you think I will face?

Finally, is this something that can be done today with 0.9, or is this something that can only be realized in future versions?

Thanks!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Tuck Fheman

summer?Means nothing will happen on bitshares this 3-5months.
sell signal.

lzr sells at 2800, continues pushing for others to sell = buy signal. ;)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
My question:

Can you give any more details about how we are going to generate more fees to become deflationary again? Is it by more of perfecting the product & making it accessible, or is it by strategic partnerships that cant be disclosed?

We will be making an announcement the first week of June if all goes well after which you will have the answer to your question.   

Are you saying that the inflation will be removed and BitShares will be deflationary like BitSharesX was ?

I think he meant [fees > bts created] so that it becomes deflationary instead of inflationary
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
My question:

Can you give any more details about how we are going to generate more fees to become deflationary again? Is it by more of perfecting the product & making it accessible, or is it by strategic partnerships that cant be disclosed?

We will be making an announcement the first week of June if all goes well after which you will have the answer to your question.   

Are you saying that the inflation will be removed and BitShares will be deflationary like BitSharesX was ?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
My question:

What are the recommended computer specs (ram, etc.) to run the Bitshares client in a stable fashion? Are you satisfied with those requirements?

What is the level the priority to make the client more stable and usable for the average user?

You won't need to ask any of these questions before long.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

I have been in talks with Ian since the early days of BTS.   I have reviewed his work and consider it superior to Ethereum.  I would likely take an approach similar to his and adopt his code if it gains any traction and is proven.   Performance is my primary consideration as well as simplicity. 

+5% +5% +5%

I'm working with Ian @ CIYAM, great news :)

This is awesome.  I hope we can work with Ian to see AT in Bitshares future as a reality.

The only other coins in existence as undervalued as BTS right now are Burst and Qora. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Chronos

My question:

What are the recommended computer specs (ram, etc.) to run the Bitshares client in a stable fashion? Are you satisfied with those requirements?

What is the level the priority to make the client more stable and usable for the average user?

Offline bytemaster

My question:

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Is this something Bitshares will be working on alone or are you collaborating with Ian Knowles at CIYAM (http://ciyam.org/at/)? He's scheduled to have the first cross-chain transaction on a mainnet complete before months end between Burst and Qora.

+5%
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:51:04 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I have three related questions:

I myself can't see a better system than DPOS for BitAssets but maybe you can. Since you (BM) said on a mumble hangout two weeks ago that the Bitshares team is working on getting the fundamentals right (industrial grade blockchain technology, scaling etc.)...

1) Does the Bitshares team consider any changes to the consensus mechanism (DPOS at the moment)? Bitsaphire has suggested a few very interesting ideas in a mumble session about two weeks ago.
2) Do you see voter apathy as a problem? Voter apathy having two dimensions: a) Quantitative: amount of shares that votes. b) Quantitative: quality of shareholders decisions.
3) How fundamental is the consensus mechanism? How easy / difficult is it to replace it?

If this is better answered on the forum I can open a tread too...

Changes to the consensus system would be minor:

1) Separate block producers, Workers, Feed Producers, and Chain Management (fee setting, block size limits, etc)
2) Make the number of each category voted upon by the stakeholders. 

You cannot vote for there to be more "delegates" than you are willing to specify, though you can vote for there to be less.

This will help scale the number of "delegates" to the actual ability/attention span of the community rather having more delegates than people can evaluate.  This should reduce a vulnerability if 50% of all delegates are "not carefully considered".      Better to have 30 highly vetted delegates than 100 minimally vetted delegates.   

Consensus is easy to "replace" what is hard to replace is "trust" and "governance" which is what BTS has and no one else.   

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers