Author Topic: Hangout Questions for Bytemaster (Due Friday @ 10:00am EST)  (Read 9476 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
We are implementing the "implement then announce" rather than the "announce and then implement" approach to avoid missing deadlines and killing buzz or confusing the market.   When we announce the roadmap will be included... but it will only have 1 item on it and that is turing complete smart contracts which will be our LAST hard fork.

Good plan. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
- how long are your monday meetings?
- what can possible be more important than non-classified talk? ( :P )
- how is the bitasset3.0 proposal implemented in parallel to bitassets1.0?
- will it be the "same" market/asset just an extra set of features? or will it be a different token?
- will bitassets3.0 be a 1.0 feature?
- when will we have a rough roadmap that can be put on the webpage?

Monday meetings are from 10 am through lunch. 
We will share those plans with you once we get everything ready for public consumption (this summer)
BitUSD 3.0 will be different than BitUSD
1.0 has been postponed due to BitAssets 3.0...
We will have a documented, tested, stable protocol definition this summer that will not need to change that includes the referral system

We are implementing the "implement then announce" rather than the "announce and then implement" approach to avoid missing deadlines and killing buzz or confusing the market.   When we announce the roadmap will be included... but it will only have 1 item on it and that is turing complete smart contracts which will be our LAST hard fork.

will the basic performance still be improved before 1.0 ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline bytemaster

- will it be the "same" market/asset just an extra set of features? or will it be a different token?

Monday meetings are from 10 am through lunch. 
We will share those plans with you once we get everything ready for public consumption (this summer)
BitUSD 3.0 will be different than BitUSD
1.0 has been postponed due to BitAssets 3.0...
We will have a documented, tested, stable protocol definition this summer that will not need to change that includes the referral system

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Have any BitShares devs played with the Ethereum code base?  What were their takeaways relative to BitShares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have looked through their VM code and can tell you with certainty that their architecture is very heavy and will suffer from many issues we have identified and resolved in our designs.    Performance is going to be critical going forward.  I am more concerned about Ripple/Stellar than ETH.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Have any BitShares devs played with the Ethereum code base?  What were their takeaways relative to BitShares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
Being upfront when I'm saying I'm not against privatized bitassets.  However  it does seem like if we go in this direction this means Delegate Bitusd and Bitgold..etc will go away.  And this is an area of concern as our our core competency/ advantage will go with it.  Now it becomes something that can be easily reproducible and stolen by other competitors.   Rune himself is building on the pyethereum code base and remarks how fast and easy it is to do. If he, with just an IT background can do this on ethereum, what's to say all the sophisticated features of Bitshares won't also be developed on Ethereum by just causally invested coders. 

And why are you optimistic about the prospects of Bitshares succeeding over other products, when privatized Bitasset feeds can and will likely be copied?  Why do you think Bitshares will have an advantage over Ethereum?  How does Bitshares protect its goodwill?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:54:26 pm by Bitcoinfan »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline fuzzy

Ask them below!

And don't forget to join us and never forget...your voice counts. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D