Author Topic: Staff Meeting Notes - Monday, April 20, 2015  (Read 8066 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
There are two ways to gain altitude.
Only one is a rising tide...

Why not this one?  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Nu94khHoo

Awesome!  I want one!
Forget the BitShares Catamaran and Golf-course Carrier fleet!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline testz

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Stan clearly feels that something good is in the pipeline. Stan always feels something good is in the pipeline because he believes in the mission, the principals, the technology, the delegates, the  devs and his son. If the only metric you are  judging the project  on at this stage  is price and/or market cap, then you're going to struggle to be  able to enjoy the building process  along with all  the  incremental victories and defeats. Remember we're building a Blockchain Behemoth here!

If Stan thinks there's something to get excited about, that's good enough for me and I'd liket to hear about it! Bitshares has accomplished some truly remarkable things already. The innovations and development has lived up to expectations time and again. In many ways they've over-delivered.  The integrity of this project, the positivity, the talent, the creativity and  the determination to reach our objective  is what will make it succeed. Whatever you're metric for judging success, one day Bishares will deliver for you.

+5% exactly. well said.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Stan clearly feels that something good is in the pipeline. Stan always feels something good is in the pipeline because he believes in the mission, the principals, the technology, the delegates, the  devs and his son. If the only metric you are  judging the project  on at this stage  is price and/or market cap, then you're going to struggle to be  able to enjoy the building process  along with all  the  incremental victories and defeats. Remember we're building a Blockchain Behemoth here!

If Stan thinks there's something to get excited about, that's good enough for me and I'd liket to hear about it! Bitshares has accomplished some truly remarkable things already. The innovations and development has lived up to expectations time and again. In many ways they've over-delivered.  The integrity of this project, the positivity, the talent, the creativity and  the determination to reach our objective  is what will make it succeed. Whatever you're metric for judging success, one day Bishares will deliver for you.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I missed Stan's inspirational posts and I am confident that now we are preparing for the hyperspace. That is good enough for me.. :)

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
"It's not my fault!"
;)

I'm just the guy that says "please fasten your seat belts and return all tray tables to their full upright positions."

Those who don't want any advance warning when we are about to test the new hyperspace button should not pay any attention to what I say.  I can never guarantee that the power bus won't brown out one last time, but I hear from down in engineering that this time they plan to make the first few Kessel runs without passengers in an isolated quadrant of a galaxy far, far away. 

zerosum

Perhaps could have an indicator on a scale of 1 to 10, so we know how excited to get?..

1.. Progress as normal
2.. New PR brochure out in June.
7.. Partnering with Ripple
11.. Partnering with the a central bank and BTS will be rebranded as GBP.

Place your bets..  :P

My bet:
(about point 3-4 iss)

VOTE just got more interesting...

Sell the rumor; make future judgment when facts come...

PS
This just says to me - stable client postponed from summer to unknown date but earliest 3rd quarter '15...Even more recourse/developers pulled out in pursue of the next exiting idea...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:39:48 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline davidpbrown

Perhaps could have an indicator on a scale of 1 to 10, so we know how excited to get?..

1.. Progress as normal
2.. New PR brochure out in June.
7.. Partnering with Ripple
11.. Partnering with the a central bank and BTS will be rebranded as GBP.

Place your bets..  :P
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
There are two ways to gain altitude.
Only one is a rising tide...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Its normally buy the rumor sell the news.

But when the rumor is from Stan, based on experience from last November, its been sell the rumor, buy 2-3 months later after nothing happened. :P

Market has taught us : Good news does not matter to the price , if it did not happen at a rising trend .
In the market , the price is what make a news good news . To say "the rise is due to a good news" is just an interpretation after the fact . Without a rising trend and the incoming hot money , good news is weak . You can't lift a tank of water by cheers .

While of course , bad news can be the reason of a drop , because all the drop needs is panic .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Its normally buy the rumor sell the news.

But when the rumor is from Stan, based on experience from last November, its been sell the rumor, buy 2-3 months later after nothing happened. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CalabiYau

Buy the Rumor, Sell the Fact

Um,  Buy the Rumor, HODL the Fact.   :)

How about Stan tries to get you to buy another rumor, there is no fact. Sorry Stan but for me these comments dont help.

I am comfortable with having those who trust me get a little advantage.

:)
we trusted you before,and we were trapped,so please stop release this kind of  troll again.

I don`t feel trapped....

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

How about Stan tries to get you to buy another rumor, there is no fact. Sorry Stan but for me these comments dont help.

we trusted you before,and we were trapped,so please stop release this kind of  troll again.

When has Stan or any of the rest of the team ever let you down? BitShares keeps getting better and better, and you can see its getting more accessible with onramps, instant web wallets etc.

The fact that Stan cant reveal everything to me makes perfect sense. If I was a big established player/exchange about to integrate my orderbook with BitShares, I wouldnt announce anything until I accumulated my position from all the weak hands. I wouldnt want forum regulars to frontrun me.

lzr1900

lzr1900

someone remember they once said "big thing","epic epic" is coming?
guess what,nothing happen...and the price fall about 10X...
never believe stan again.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
just a reminder ,  there is no "absolute rise" on good news .....sometimes price will still drop or stay the same at good news ....
Your good news maybe someone else's boring news .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Not really a hyped up statement just a mere "something is up".

For some of us, the "something is up" is itself a hyped statement (and if it's coming from Stan, I mean that in a good way). For the rest of the world, if they don't have the trust I do, they'll have to buy on the upswing.

Offline robrigo

Oh there's some facts. Just some elusive ones!

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

How about:

Buy the Rumor, Short the Fact  :P

That would be wrong .
It should be Short the rumor , Cover the Fact ......

iHashFury

How about:

Buy the Rumor, Short the Fact  :P

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Is it really that good Stan? Can you tell me more? Please tell me more.  :-X

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I like this.

Not really a hyped up statement just a mere "something is up".

I think you are starting to get the hang of this :)

Offline Globally Distributed

• View Profile
Meanwhile, I would recommend you attend the regular Fuzzy Friday town hall meetings the rest of this spring semester. Bytemaster seems to have become a bit more talkative lately.

Last mumble was insane.  I'm sure BM spilled plenty of beans.

#5 black swan protection

We should trademark that term.

The "arbitration" of the least collateralized (or most leveraged) positions to force liquidity = BLACK SWAN PROTECTION (forced liquidity)

Those trading on margin (or at least with low collateral) will be the ones getting called to arbitration (to maintain liquidity), while those who want to invest and play Rip Van Winkle, can just adequately collateralize their positions, and never have to worry about getting called to arbitration.

Realistically, once volume and liquidity pick up, then this obscure "arbitration = black swan protection" mechanism will probably be forgotten by the masses because the market will function well without it.

What will be the lowest level of collateral be?  Will leverage be allowed? How much?

These are the last tiny details that need to be ironed out prior to implemmentation.

Black Swan Protection means that BitShares cannot fail, but it can liquidate (to save the system)(the riskiest or highest leveraged positions first)(therefore the free market battle for survival here involves investors having to calculate the most lucrative levels of collateralization for their investments)(winners get the highest returns at the highest leveraged positions)(losers either overcollateralized and did not make as much profit as they could on their trades or they get called to arbitration getting stopped out of their position in the process)(both losing cases and all winning cases have netural effects on the overall security of the system against failure or liquidity drying up).  So basically, you can trade all you want, anyway you want, and liquidity will always be there.

Great idea!  How can we begin?
"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA

kudos robrigo

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Thank you Bitshares for already having taught me patience!  Without that, i'd be tearing what's left of my hair out with excitement!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

iHashFury

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Meanwhile, I would recommend you attend the regular Fuzzy Friday town hall meetings the rest of this spring semester. Bytemaster seems to have become a bit more talkative lately.
*Indeed*

Offline Globally Distributed

• View Profile
I would recommend you attend the regular Fuzzy Friday town hall meetings the rest of this spring semester. Bytemaster seems to have become a bit more talkative lately.

the quiet periods have always been sort of metamorphoses, which brings a more beautiful bts

"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA

kudos robrigo

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Staff Meeting Notes - Monday, April 20, 2015

This is the best news I've ever heard  :D
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Staff Meeting Notes - Monday, April 20, 2015

Here is a summary of Monday’s developer staff meeting. Hopefully this will give everyone more time to get Fuzzy your questions where he can organize them rather than trying to respond to Bytemaster's opening statement in real time.

I showed up to Monday's staff meeting ready to take notes for this report.
Unfortunately, 100% of the time was taken up on classified topics that have not been announced yet.
Leaving me in the unfortunate position of having nothing to report and a lot of white space to fill!

While everybody is still tasked with continuing to perfect the same things I told you about last week,
many finally got permission to move ahead on some exciting and suddenly urgent new tasks. 

For some readers, my unfortunate lack of reportable details will be a disappointment.
For others, those with a nose for news, it might be an exciting indication that Something is Up.

Your call...  :)

I'll try to get them to talk about some boring stuff for next Monday's report.