Author Topic: Bitshares interest on Google Trends and Bitshares price  (Read 3878 times)

Offline bytemaster

1) return to deflationary model

As we are obviously keeping the inflation for delegate pay model, Im going to speculate that Bytemaster means BitShares is integrating with some well-established exchange/gateway that will allow a tonne of BitAssets to be sold (without using the client), making the blockchain highly deflationary on balance.

Am I right? (I know, we can only speculate) :P

If fees collected and burned are higher than coins created then you are deflationary.... we just need a way to generate enough fees as income to become deflationary.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

As we are obviously keeping the inflation for delegate pay model, Im going to speculate that Bytemaster means BitShares is integrating with some well-established exchange/gateway that will allow a tonne of BitAssets to be sold (without using the client), making the blockchain highly deflationary on balance.

Am I right? (I know, we can only speculate) :P

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Yeah, my perspective is that at least some of the criticisms he has been making have proven to be somewhat valid, otherwise they wouldn't be being addressed. I doubt it will cheer him up but still.     

I agree, I just wish NewMine wouldve worked more on discussing criticisms here instead of publically attacking the Bitshares community on Bitcointalk. 

If Bitshares can make moves that bring back those who have left us because of the changes, that would be great.  (As long as they dont alienate others in the process or cause massive delays). 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

The dwindling interest can be attributed to a number of things:

Mainly the merger  dilution/distribution and inflation
The alienation of Adam B. Levine and Charles H.
and
The constant pivoting and changing.

I challenge you to go back and read the OG whitepaper, not the new one and compare the ideology and goals, ie the "axioms" part, and tell me how far away we are from that original idea because of the pivots and lack of progress. That is why the waining interest in  bitshares continues.

So you are proposing we do the following:

2) stop pivoting / changing
3) Bring Adam B. Levine back into the fold

If that is what you want then I think everyone will be very happy with what we are working on and will announce this summer.

Newmine.. just got served lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, no almost the opposite actually.

Depends how you look at it.  You're a market price guy so we never seem to agree, esp in the bear markets.

Yeah, my perspective is that at least some of the criticisms he has been making have proven to be somewhat valid, otherwise they wouldn't be being addressed. I doubt it will cheer him up but still.     

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

and

I challenge you to go back and read the OG whitepaper, not the new one and compare the ideology and goals, ie the "axioms" part, and tell me how far away we are from that original idea because of the pivots and lack of progress. That is why the waining interest in  bitshares continues.

If that is what you want then I think everyone will be very happy with what we are working on and will announce this summer.

Depends how you look at it.  You're a market price guy so we never seem to agree, esp in the bear markets.

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

and

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

and

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.

Offline bytemaster

and

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline onceuponatime

and

You don't seem to have lost interest   :)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

and

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Not enough data and too many variables for any significant correlations

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
If you want to remove the merger/dilution from the analysis, then you would say the March peak was the 'Ides of March' when the market was expecting the release of BitAssets, followed by a loss of interest in the waiting period. The August peak was the release of BitAssets and interest stayed fairly strong with the December peak being the market anticipating some sort of 1.0/SuperDAC release followed by a loss of interest during the waiting period.

As we get closer to 1.0, Moonstone and other tangible developments, interest may pick up again & the chart you linked to does seem to show a slight up-tick in April.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:33:06 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
people (users evangelist investors), wasted with lot of BitShares pivoting.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

This is only based on search engine trends... if you look at the volumes.. bitcoin is all over the place simply because of all the media coverage outside of bitcoin.. bitshares on the other hand has not gotten that same kind of media coverage. The trending of course was around the initial offering.. but since then its been dev... and most projects up until now have been within the cyrptoverse which limits the search trends dramatically.

Once something gets out in the larger media related to bitshares that generates that search traffic you are going to see that trending change.. at this early stage I don't think it really tells much.

I think some elements coming together are going to cause this trending to turn around. It just hasn't made sense up to this point to get mass coverage.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Riverhead

The Brian Page leaving thread was painful to re-read. The forward looking statements are our history now. What has become of Brian and his new firm?