Author Topic: Sentient beings, and why the Garbageman is just as important as the Coder.  (Read 1812 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yep, this is exactly how I am bringing BitShares to every culture on Earth.
If they can understand the material (like multi-lingual subtitles on our videos) then mass-adoption will come organically. It makes the sales process much easier.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
All sorts of mindset will be free to evolve and flourish once the mechanisms of control begin to degrade in the face of blooming financial sovereignty.  With the bricks of our minds and the mortar of our connections to each other, instead of always building a bloody pyramid (because that is the limit of a psychopath's imagination,) we'll be able to build a thousand pyramids or, more likely a thousand thousand different objects.

With advanced robotics, the way we spend our time and the way we calculate "worth" could be very different....let's hope tyranny has been neutralized before that can of worms is fully opened!

I think it's the lies rather than the physical limitations of economic slavery that do the most damage to us.  Where would 9 billion minds take us if they were all free?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I couldn't sleep last night.
BitShares is going to change the world financially, but can DPOS change the hierarchical mindset of human beings too?
Can we decentralize our physical place in society, our so-called "Class"?

The Delegate Class

I am 44 years old. I feel like 33. I know coding, all-things permaculture, how to start a company and build a brand into a multi-million dollar powerhouse, how to teach a subject in a way that anyone of any culture can understand, how to survive as a transient, how to keep an accurate balance statement, how to fire someone and ultimately keep them as a sales rep for my company, how to rebuild a carburetor, how to apologize and admit when I am wrong, how to fasten a missile to the carriage of an F-14, how to configure jumpers and dip switches for voltage and bus speed, how to turn an enemy into a friend, how to build a house from scratch and how to change a diaper in under 20 seconds flat.

I think human "worth" is about experience. I have more education than most but that doesn't mean that I am worth more than any of them in any way. As a matter of fact, it has put me into a position to help others like never before. If we have to put a monetary "worth" on someone, maybe we should base it on the number of hours they work (time dollars) and the person's age, experience and physical resources that they share. Maybe we should drop our entitlement mentalities once and for all. A "Payrate" could be monetized by a person's experience level and provable hours they have worked, not the type of job they chose to perform, or the schooling they chose to pay for.

Payrate != Class

Let's say I've been a farmer for 30 years. I can grow everything on my land except for carrots. Well, the new fad is carrots and my competition is selling them like hotcakes. If I don't do something quick, my competition will destroy my company, permanently. So, I find myself a "newbie" farmer who is an expert with carrots. Knowing how valuable I am, should I pay the carrot guy $1/hour because his competency is so niche? Or, should we communicate an arrangement so that we spread the resources and profits equally? What if I had to hire 100 other "carrot" guys?

You need him and he needs you.
Entitlement. BitShares is on the right track and I would like to see us level the playing field for the "poor" as well.
Africa, anyone?

Not a bad start...

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I couldn't sleep last night.
BitShares is going to change the world financially, but can DPOS change the hierarchical mindset of human beings too?
Can we decentralize our physical place in society, our so-called "Class"?

The Delegate Class

I am 44 years old. I feel like 33. I know coding, all-things permaculture, how to start a company and build a brand into a multi-million dollar powerhouse, how to teach a subject in a way that anyone of any culture can understand, how to survive as a transient, how to keep an accurate balance statement, how to fire someone and ultimately keep them as a sales rep for my company, how to rebuild a carburetor, how to apologize and admit when I am wrong, how to fasten a missile to the carriage of an F-14, how to configure jumpers and dip switches for voltage and bus speed, how to turn an enemy into a friend, how to build a house from scratch and how to change a diaper in under 20 seconds flat.

I think human "worth" is about experience. I have more education than most but that doesn't mean that I am worth more than any of them in any way. As a matter of fact, it has put me into a position to help others like never before. If we have to put a monetary "worth" on someone, maybe we should base it on the number of hours they work (time dollars) and the person's age, experience and physical resources that they share. Maybe we should drop our entitlement mentalities once and for all. A "Payrate" could be monetized by a person's experience level and provable hours they have worked, not the type of job they chose to perform, or the schooling they chose to pay for.

Payrate != Class

Let's say I've been a farmer for 30 years. I can grow everything on my land except for carrots. Well, the new fad is carrots and my competition is selling them like hotcakes. If I don't do something quick, my competition will destroy my company, permanently. So, I find myself a "newbie" farmer who is an expert with carrots. Knowing how valuable I am, should I pay the carrot guy $1/hour because his competency is so niche? Or, should we communicate an arrangement so that we spread the resources and profits equally? What if I had to hire 100 other "carrot" guys?

You need him and he needs you.
Entitlement. BitShares is on the right track and I would like to see us level the playing field for the "poor" as well.
Africa, anyone? 
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat