Author Topic: Charles Evans article  (Read 2685 times)

Offline bytemaster

Pretty sure he bailed when I called him out for being employed(or at least labeled as a BitShares employee) by Invictus/Bitshares while his accounting firm was being paid to audit them and AGS.

NewMine,

You must come from a culture, where people stab each other in the back all the time. You always expect the worst in people. :)

LOL...I am also curious.. Where are you from NewMine if you don't mind me asking? Your negativity in everything is amazing and if you could put half of this negativity to say good things about Bitshares I think we would have surpassed Ripple by now..Most of us are really frustrated how things have gone but seriously you must see some good things happening and not only the bad things..

Well, I am definitely not from a country where I sit on my hands with my head in the sand. There seems to be a lot if users here from that country. You?

Here is the thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,4180.msg52420.html#msg52420
Note my follow up comment in there.

In bringing Charles Evans leaving up, I simply wanted to point out that he left and never came back 3 days after I ponted out (not you or anyone else) for the possible conflict of interest. Don't you think it is a bit strange?  He was labeled as a team member and his company was also auditing your AGS donation use. This sector is full of elaborate schemes and I wanted to make sure everyone knew that CWEvans was "part" of the Invictus team and part of the "external" accounting team. Someone with his hands on both sides of the field seemed very odd at the time. Then he is gone 3 days after someone very politely asks what is going on? Weird to me and still seems fishy. If it doesn't to you, well you got bigger problems in life and should be very careful in any endeavor you do.

C.E. left for many reasons but it boils down to him not feeling like he could contribute enough value for what we were paying him and he wanted AGS funds to be put to better use.  He also had another opportunity that he was more passionate about and I wouldn't use AGS funds to pay for it. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Pretty sure he bailed when I called him out for being employed(or at least labeled as a BitShares employee) by Invictus/Bitshares while his accounting firm was being paid to audit them and AGS.

NewMine,

You must come from a culture, where people stab each other in the back all the time. You always expect the worst in people. :)

LOL...I am also curious.. Where are you from NewMine if you don't mind me asking? Your negativity in everything is amazing and if you could put half of this negativity to say good things about Bitshares I think we would have surpassed Ripple by now..Most of us are really frustrated how things have gone but seriously you must see some good things happening and not only the bad things..

Well, I am definitely not from a country where I sit on my hands with my head in the sand. There seems to be a lot if users here from that country. You?

Here is the thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,4180.msg52420.html#msg52420
Note my follow up comment in there.

In bringing Charles Evans leaving up, I simply wanted to point out that he left and never came back 3 days after I ponted out (not you or anyone else) for the possible conflict of interest. Don't you think it is a bit strange?  He was labeled as a team member and his company was also auditing your AGS donation use. This sector is full of elaborate schemes and I wanted to make sure everyone knew that CWEvans was "part" of the Invictus team and part of the "external" accounting team. Someone with his hands on both sides of the field seemed very odd at the time. Then he is gone 3 days after someone very politely asks what is going on? Weird to me and still seems fishy. If it doesn't to you, well you got bigger problems in life and should be very careful in any endeavor you do.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

NewMine,

IMHO a healthy community needs critical members and I appreciate NewMines critiques here. However, mostly, differences with you (@newmine) boil done to the HOW you present your concerns, not necessarily the WHAT, or the WHY.
I won't dare to tell you how to communicate with people .. but most members will certainly take you more serious if you start (at least considering) working on the HOW.
Anyway, I can remember @tonyk receiving a lot of critiques for his 'kindness' against newcomers too .. so I would appreciate the community if they could accept newmine as he is .. if possible.

disclaimer: I am just a guy posting his opinion, my position in bitshares is still to be seen as volunteer without any authorities! (haha .. DAC = decentralized anarchic community :) )

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

NewMine,

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

NewMine,

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114042/dr-charles-evans-my-expert-witness-fee-in-a-criminal-case-was-paid-in-bitcoin

It's sad that our Bitshares economist did not mention at all Bitshares  :( .. I miss the good old days and the nice videos between BM and dr. Evans

Charles Evans is no longer involved with bitshares

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
"A trader listened to the firm's "chief" economist's predictions about gold, then lost a bundle. The trader was asked to leave the firm. He then angrily asked him boss who was firing him: "Why do you fire me alone not the economist? He is too responsible for the loss." The Boss: "You idiot, we are not firing you for losing money; we are firing you for listening to the economist." -Nassim Taleb

http://www.businessinsider.com/nassim-taleb-on-economists-2013-12#ixzz3Y9OIsgT8

At the risk of making an appeal to authority I will point out that BitShares X has been reviewed by Dr. Charles Evans  (http://www.pecuniology.com/who.php) who maintains that my economic model is solid.  I only make this appeal to authority to counter the claims that I have no 'authority' because I am "self-taught".   So lets ignore the appeal to authority or lack of. 

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:29:18 pm by Bitcoinfan »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
That gives him some credibility in the Bitcoin community. If someone sees that first, then they might later notice he's into BitShares.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114042/dr-charles-evans-my-expert-witness-fee-in-a-criminal-case-was-paid-in-bitcoin

It's sad that our Bitshares economist did not mention at all Bitshares  :( .. I miss the good old days and the nice videos between BM and dr. Evans