Author Topic: Instant Critical Error  (Read 2725 times)

Offline MotherSuperiour

Thanks chryspano!  That worked for me too.

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
I don't know if its the same problem but maybe it has to do with the antivirus?

Yes, THANKS!

When I've had anti-virus issues before it always gave an alert saying it was blocking the program, so I didn't even check that.

chryspano

I don't know if its the same problem but maybe it has to do with the antivirus?

Took me a while, but I realized the client was crashing on startup because my anti virus software got in the way.

Disabled it and now it works. I thought it may be useful for those with the same issue.

Offline MotherSuperiour

I also get this same error. 

"Critical error
An error occurred while trying to start.  Please try restarting the application."

System info:
Win 8.1 Pro 64-b, x-64 processor
Intel i5 M460
8 Gb RAM

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile

Strange. If you delete the whole "chain" folder does anything different happen?

Slightly different. First time I did it last night I got the blue screen and 'bitshares starting', which wasn't happening before. That stayed for about four hours and then I had to power down. Today I get the bitshares starting screen flash for a second or two and then the same critical error message.

Also in the command prompt, I get the same thing as above but also this bit, which I don't remember seeing before:

Code: [Select]
th_a fast_level_map.hpp:64 bts::db::fast_level_map<unsigned char, struct bts::blockchain::property_record>::toggle_leveldb

Offline vikram

Just tried to open my wallet via the command line and got:

error

13 class boost::filesystem::filesystem_error: boost::filesystem::remove The directory is not empty: "C:\.......chain\index\property_id_to_record"

What also seemed strange to me was that when I tried to take a look at the folder in question I found that the whole chain folder was still empty.

Strange. If you delete the whole "chain" folder does anything different happen?

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
Just tried to open my wallet via the command line and got:

error

13 class boost::filesystem::filesystem_error: boost::filesystem::remove The directory is not empty: "C:\.......chain\index\property_id_to_record"

What also seemed strange to me was that when I tried to take a look at the folder in question I found that the whole chain folder was still empty.

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
The download link for Windows says x34-bit/64-bit, but I have an x64 bit processor as well as 64-bit OS. Could that be why its not working?

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
Its a Lenovo laptop
Windows 8.1
64 bit
Intel i7 CPU

Anything else that might be relevant?

Offline vikram

Please give details about the system. OS? 32/64 bit ? Hardware specs?

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
I've just tried to install the Bitshares wallet on a new laptop and when I try to open it I instantly get a critical error 'error occurred while trying to start'.

This is not the same as what other people have posted where it tries to synch and then crashes - this is an instant crash within a second of double clicking to open. I've tried 0.8.1 and also 0.9.0 and the same thing happens.

Can anybody tell me what to do?