Author Topic: 0.9.0 Still carnt access my wallet  (Read 9881 times)

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
mines ok now, I killed it, restarted and left it logging in for 10mins.
Must've been doing something in the background without anything on interface.

It needs to do a DB and Wallet upgrade which can take some time.

To see if that's the case (for those that are still stuck) open up your task manager and have a look at the CPU and memory BitShares Client is using up. If it's above 30% CPU and 3GB Ram it's working away...regardless of what the interface says or doesn't say.

If you want to do a complete reset you'd need to delete the data directory too. On Windows it's in the %AppData%/BitShares directory. Make sure to save your wallets directory or have a backup that is known to be good.

On OSX I believe the data directory is ~/Software/Library/BitShares but I could be mistaken.

On Linux it is ~/.BitShares

Thanks for your help Riverhead

I saved my wallet file.

Deleted the bitshares directory.

Re installed bitshares and re inserted my wallet directory

Again doesn't load with my password. This time after entering my password it appears to load for a few seconds then stops. The same thing happens if i put anything in as password.

I have entered the correct password and left it running. CPU usage is between 5% and 22% RAM is 912,486

Any more advice appreciated

Offline Riverhead

It needs to do a DB and Wallet upgrade which can take some time.

To see if that's the case (for those that are still stuck) open up your task manager and have a look at the CPU and memory BitShares Client is using up. If it's above 30% CPU and 3GB Ram it's working away...regardless of what the interface says or doesn't say.

If you want to do a complete reset you'd need to delete the data directory too. On Windows it's in the %AppData%/BitShares directory. Make sure to save your wallets directory or have a backup that is known to be good.

On OSX I believe the data directory is ~/Software/Library/BitShares but I could be mistaken.

On Linux it is ~/.BitShares

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Favdesu  please move this back. If it's such a comon problem then people need to see the answer quickly.

Not being able to login to my account (and deciding if very basic isn't right) has been the number 1 and only reason I haven't put more money into bitshares.

I haven't stopped investing in cripto, with compleat honesty out of the top ten by market cap Bitshares is the only one I haven't put money into In the past 4 months.

Offline nicejeans

Few questions:

1) What OS are you on?

2) What are the stats of the wallet machine?

3) When you say, "Uninstalled everything" do you also mean your data directory (location based on OS).

4) How many accounts do you have in your wallet (rough number will do 1 or 2, 10 - 20, 50+)

1. Win8.1 64bit
2. i5-3337U @ 1.80GHz, 5.89GB usable RAM
3. I've deleted the directory and redownloaded the blockchain multiple times last was at 0.8.1, but I have capped internet so I cannot do this often.
4. about 10
Operation Onramp

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Have you tried bitshares_client? (Command line client)
The wallet name is "default" and password is your password.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
stats of the machine

i5 2310
installed memorry 16gb (3.46 usable)
32 bit OS

Offline mdj

• View Profile

Few questions:

1) What OS are you on?
OSX Yosemite
2.4ghz core i5, 8gb ddr3 memory
3) When you say, "Uninstalled everything" do you also mean your data directory (location based on OS).
NA I just installed it like I have all other versions
4) How many accounts do you have in your wallet (rough number will do 1 or 2, 10 - 20, 50+)
5-10

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

Few questions:

1) What OS are you on?

Thanks for the help

1) windows 7
2) dont know what you mean with this question
3) used the uninstall exe
4) at a guess 10 maybe 15

Offline Riverhead

Few questions:

1) What OS are you on?

Offline mdj

• View Profile
Just downloaded 0.9.0 and i still cant get access to my wallet. When i put the password it just keeps looking like its about to unlock.

This is getting frustrating now. I have uninstalled everything and re installed.

Please advise, with simple instructions please.

Also experiencing the same

Offline nicejeans

Just downloaded 0.9.0 and i still cant get access to my wallet. When i put the password it just keeps looking like its about to unlock.

This is getting frustrating now. I have uninstalled everything and re installed.

I am in the same position.
Operation Onramp

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile