Author Topic: [TASK FORCE] Decentralized DNS Working Group (DDNSWG)  (Read 1121 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline crypto4ever

• View Profile
Decentralized DNS is going to be the power app of the decade.

If you can pull it off. The entire internet will change, literally. Every single thing anyone does on the internet today depends on DNS.

...the importance of this, is huge.

One suggestion: Don't do the rent a name thing for a few months, and renew it, in some other implementations I saw. People need stability. They want to buy a name, and know it's theirs to do whatever they wish for the next 2 years before it expires.

This isn't suppose to be a money making machine. It should be something created for free speech and innovation.

P.S. Namecoin has proven to be the little engine that "couldn't".   I recommend we start fresh.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:03:18 am by crypto4ever »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Gamey, I would like to start a thread here for the DDNSWG and moderate it.
The team that I am forming for this project currently consists of 5 companies and 6 people (it was 7, but one guy wasn't needed).
If I can get each of those people to pitch in, then we can actually bring a roadmap for DDNS to the world.

Here is the old discussion thread and Poll:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15461.0/all.html

Here is a spot where I could use some upvotes, please:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114050/change-is-coming-how-the-blockchain-will-transform-the-domain-name-business#comment-1985672450

I'm not messing around with DDNS, it'll be yet one more job for me as a (hopeful) Delegate, PR Agent, Copy Editor, Translator and all the other stuff I have tasked myself with for BitShares.

Lmk, thanx :)
  -ken
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat