Author Topic: Developer Hangout with Bytemaster -April 24, 2015 [00:45:23][.mp3/41,6 mb]  (Read 9341 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Wow. Whoever said that is probably a super genius...never have I found a more brilliant post.

LOL
You da man Fuzzy :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

Wow. Whoever said that is probably a super genius...never have I found a more brilliant post.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Someone incredibly insightful said:

"... paid delegates enable us to form alliances with businesses to offer really killer deals to people buying their products using bitassets/bts...in return twenty vote in a delegate that subsidies their operations. Now if one of those businesses starts doing something...like say spying on us (verizon, att, comcast...etc) and we "citizens" don't like it, we vote out their delegate and thus destroy the subsidies.  Even better though...is that at scale, competitors to verizon, att, comcast...etc will be right there just waiting to steal that subsidy"

..and I couldn't agree more. +5%
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
great recording, I fully agree with BM!

Maybe you can run for your delegate and use the funds to start a mini version of the MLM program and see how effective it is?  It seems like it would make sense to show proof it works before we essentially fire the people who are passionate enough to work (hard) for a modicum of pay from a low-paying delegate. 

Anything else...would be uncivilized.  :P

Bytemaster said it won't be a multi level, which is a good thing. And I don't see how this could be run by a delegate on blockchain level

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I am ALL for your delegate. You, Ken, are a badass.  Keep running around imho ;)
I actually would like to see you with more than one delegate...because I think you'd turn every bitshares you received to bitgold.

Thanx Fuzzy, and I've said this numerous times to people in the forum, via g+ (+kenCode), via skype (kenCode_de), emails (ken@bitshares-munich.de) and in my Delegate Proposal (see the General cointelegraph thread)...

If anybody needs more than $50K per year, then their heart and mind are in the wrong place.
NOBODY needs more than $50K per year.

In my DP I mention this too. I feed a family of four people, live in a tiny apartment, ride public transit, and my wife does not work. This is our choice. We are agorists and try to set the example. We live in (probably) the most expensive city in Europe. I need 24 euros per hour to go full-time for BitShares, that's it.

As long as the BTS I am paid equates to this minimum in euros, I will be fine and I can go full boar here and bring BitShares, and I mean BRING IT. See my exec summary (http://kencode.de/about) and bio (http://kencode.de/bio). My heart is here. Maybe BM could email me and apologize for laughing at me.

Ego is inherently evil.
Payrate != Class: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15904.0.html
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

I am ALL for people being rewarded in direct proportion to their contribution rather than someone's ability to sway public opinion.

To double down, democracy is not a good mechanism for investing in projects...it eventually becomes schizophrenic where people get kick in and out depending on what's trendy.

Some may have concerns about bad actor but if affiliatea get rewarded for bringing in users that actually USE the system, it should keep the spammer at bay(as long as there is no front-end reward).

In the end, I believe its going to be wallets, gateways and services that will be the most successful actors.

Im chiken dancing now.

Have my actions proven I am against this?  Did our delegate decide to give a portion of the fees to minebitshares?  You know the difference here?  We have no test case to prove this strategy will work...and the risk is very high if it doesn't. 

In fact, I've said that minebitshares is probably worth putting MANY delegates into...for obvious reasons. And we have actual numbers!

We all will do pretty well I'm wagering if bitshares goes to bitcoins marketcap.  But there is absolutely no proof this is going to happen by fundamentally pivoting again toward a model we haven't seen yet tried in crypto.  Also, we have to have a mechanism that gives us the power to pivot if the blockchain begins caring about profit over other valuable, hard to quantify things.  I am alllll for capitalism, until actors get in charge who only see humanity as a host to steal away. 

In our current system we see the problems with precisely that.  And our system IS different...Unless we change it.  At a moments notice, a bad actor can be voted out.  What due recourse do we have in the new version of what we are creating?  What if I become an evil actor who only wants to reap profits from people and cares nothing about the general welfare?

These are issues that are Very important to consider...and I don't claim to have all the answers.  But we need to ALL consider and think forward...even if we disagree. ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:09:20 pm by fuzzy »

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
An all inclusive network effect creates more value than several smaller network effects with as many users in total. That's why we are seeing gravitation towards not having multiple chains.  Same phenomenon happened with search engines.  I know things are moving fast, but reiteration is the nature of early businesses, without reiteration we stand to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I am ALL for people being rewarded in direct proportion to their contribution rather than someone's ability to sway public opinion.

To double down, democracy is not a good mechanism for investing in projects...it eventually becomes schizophrenic where people get kick in and out depending on what's trendy.

Some may have concerns about bad actor but if affiliatea get rewarded for bringing in users that actually USE the system, it should keep the spammer at bay(as long as there is no front-end reward).

In the end, I believe its going to be wallets, gateways and services that will be the most successful actors.

Im chiken dancing now.

Offline fuzzy

Maybe you can run for your delegate and use the funds to start a mini version of the MLM program and see how effective it is?  It seems like it would make sense to show proof it works before we essentially fire the people who are passionate enough to work (hard) for a modicum of pay from a low-paying delegate. 

It's not MLM.

edit: as far as I heard on Mumble
edit: not that I think it shouldn't be mlm. 
edit: we need to set this thing up for success and not try to overly idealize the platform

Wait you are right it is single-tiered.  And for clarification, overly idealizing the platform is not exactly what I think I'm doing.  In fact I'm saying let's get a test case to prove this works before we fire everyone. Otherwise we are just trading one set of "ideals" for another.

What have I learned over a year? 
1) every time we change something "for the better" we make it worse...because we never know for certain the solution will work...and that slack of confidence scares the shit out of potential investors...and now even potentially believers.

2) We are too afraid to have multiple DPOS competitor chains that can test things for us...we are like Linux only we say "no other flavors damnit! Even if they sharedrop on us!"  So instead of having a stake in many chains in the top 20 on cmc, just advertising our underlying protocol's power...we have three, and we already see those being eyed for potential merging.

3) we are too impatient and make rash decisions...which makes the community foundation very weak.  How can anyone want to do business with us when even those of us who have been here since day 1 are not sure what is coming tomorrow.  You  know what bitcoin has that we don't? A level of certainty.

4) spread risk and don't think you can change the world by sacrificing...most players, big and small, only care about one thing: short-term profit at any cost. 

5) most every problem we have had revolves around a number of real issues with the hiring/compensation of people without any input from the stakeholders....delegate pay changed that, now we are considering losing it.  Where is agent86, for instance? Or did he return the large sum he received?  Imagine what I would have done with it....

Until we have numbers ideals are what everything is based on. 

« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:47:21 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Globally Distributed

• View Profile

It's not MLM.

edit: as far as I heard on Mumble
edit: not that I think it shouldn't be mlm. 
edit: we need to set this thing up for success and not try to overly idealize the platform
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:20:34 pm by Globally Distributed »
"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA

kudos robrigo

Offline fuzzy

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline fuzzy

I am ALL for your delegate. You, Ken, are a badass.  Keep running around imho ;)

I actually would like to see you with more than one delegate...because I think you'd turn every bitshares you received to bitgold.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:45:08 pm by fuzzy »