Author Topic: Potential Gridcoin to BTS sharedrop enquirey  (Read 5452 times)

Offline GRC

• View Profile
It's only implemented in PTS 2.0, it lets you import a wallet by using a signed message.

Thank you SVK.  How hard would it be to port it to the other chains?

You'd have to reimplement it from scratch if you want it in a BTC clone. BTC handles transactions in a completely different way than BTS.

But the basic idea is portable of course, and it would be my recommended way of handling this.
Would you or another developer consider porting this functionality to gridcoin to allow for the sharedrop to occur, in return for a developer bounty in bts/bitasset/gridcoin?

What would be considered a reasonable bounty for such a task?

On a side note, if this was successfully ported and heavily documented, it'd allow for any bitcoin based cryptocurrency to work towards executing a sharedrop on the bitshares community themselves - could be the start of a trend ;D

Rob? Is that you?
Negative; It's CM from cryptocointalk.

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile
It's only implemented in PTS 2.0, it lets you import a wallet by using a signed message.

You'd have to reimplement it from scratch if you want it in a BTC clone. BTC handles transactions in a completely different way than BTS.

But the basic idea is portable of course, and it would be my recommended way of handling this.
Would you or another developer consider porting this functionality to gridcoin to allow for the sharedrop to occur, in return for a developer bounty in bts/bitasset/gridcoin?

On a side note, if this was successfully ported and heavily documented, it'd allow for any bitcoin based cryptocurrency to work towards executing a sharedrop on the bitshares community themselves - could be the start of a trend ;D

Rob? Is that you?

Offline GRC

• View Profile

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:21:44 pm by GRC »

Offline mirrax

• Kill the banks!
    • View Profile
Good to see lot of life on GRC github, I still keep some from the start of the coin (well I burned into POR of course)

Offline GRC

• View Profile
The poll ended, and the clear winning option was:
"C - They should be used in some fashion to promote, distribute and develop Gridcoin including but not limited to bounties, advertising, sponsorship's, starter coin bonuses."
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/37900-poll-disposition-of-coins-remaining-in-foundation/

There's a new thread as a result: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/38199-foundation-block-coin-distribution-promotion-and-development-discussion/

The discussion is currently stuck on how to determine how much each proposed idea is going to be allocated.

Offline fuzzy

Thanks for the positive responses regarding this possible sharedrop.

Currently, the gridcoin community is holding a poll determining the fate of the unclaimed coins: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/37900-poll-disposition-of-coins-remaining-in-foundation/

Participating in hangouts sounds like a great idea, and working towards getting Gridcoin added to the BitShares decentralized exchange would be incredible.

Yeh a I've been a fanboy of Gridcoin for quite some time...so this is something I'm reallllllly pumped up about.  This isn't even mentioning that I think the DACs BOINC will produce would be perfect to form alliances with our DACs.

I'll be watching this poll.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline GRC

• View Profile
Thanks for the positive responses regarding this possible sharedrop.

Currently, the gridcoin community is holding a poll determining the fate of the unclaimed coins: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/37900-poll-disposition-of-coins-remaining-in-foundation/

Participating in hangouts sounds like a great idea, and working towards getting Gridcoin added to the BitShares decentralized exchange would be incredible.

Offline fuzzy

Does anyone think we could get consensus on the Delegates to Operate a feed for the price of the new Gridcoin on the BitShares Decentralized Exchange?  I think it would be a good way to show some love to a community who wants to honor us with a stake in their project :)

Oh and if anyone is wondering why they chose us...it is because they think like us and have for a long time:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:16:11 am by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

I think it would be a great idea to share-drop the leftover Gridcoin to the Bitshares community. I think it would be best if the whole think is done in several chunks, a few mill at a time at specific time intervals. Would that be possible?

Yes...it is definitely possible to enable distribution via a "vesting" process.  I also have some potentially powerful synergies I can think of but I would like to speak with you in private.  It would likely be significantly beneficial for both Gridcoin and BitShares.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:56:09 am by fuzzy »

Offline Pheonike

Sharedropping would be great. I can think of ways in which Bitshare can add value Grid and vice/versa.

Offline traderman

• View Profile
    • Razor Trading
I think it would be a great idea to share-drop the leftover Gridcoin to the Bitshares community. I think it would be best if the whole think is done in several chunks, a few mill at a time at specific time intervals. Would that be possible?

Offline fuzzy

Welcome Grid!

I'll take you for free, if you don't require my private keys :)

Anyone who has been around for awhile will know that I have always deeply respected gridcoin.  In fact it is one of the few POW tokens I actually believe serves a purpose that makes sense.  At worst, it puts ASIC manufacturing into an arena where it provides a utility for humanity. 

I guess what I'm saying is that I want to have regular hangouts with you guys.  I want to help you teach about BOINC and all the amazing stuff you can do with it.  The community pays me, but I have spoken well of you guys actually innovating in the space and trying to bring real value, so I think they would be cool with me doing hangouts with you guys too.  They'll be especially fine with it if you honor them with a stake in your innovations....

So since you guys reached out, I am going to reach out too.  I am going to help give you guys the love of our community...if you are interested that is :)

Sincerely,

Justin Fondriest (fuzzy)
Beyond Bitcoin: Founder
Twitter: @beyond_bitcoin
Email: BeyondBitcoin@gmail.com

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Welcome Grid!

I'll take you for free, if you don't require my private keys :)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fuzzy

Didn't PC fix this with his Key Importing tool?
you have a link to that? Maybe I just missed that ..