Author Topic: Oh the Irony...  (Read 4714 times)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
What does everyone think about the analogy presented in the podcast?

The Programmers are the Legislator in the crypto space. They code the LAW under which every actor will behave within a given system.
The Miners are the Executive Branch which are the one who will vote which fork is the right one.
In Bitcoin, the holder of the coin don't have much of a say on what's going on other than by lobbying.

If I understand correctly, the voting power in BitShares is to the stakeholder. But right now, when I vote, I don't feel like I am voting to keep the devs in check and make sure the core protocol is securing the life, liberty and property of everyone involve(keeping the legislator in check) but rather on which business are going to receive a subsidy from the Bishares community.

I am getting something wrong?

Can I vote on what features will be added to the core protocol as a Stakeholder?

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

...and here we all are sobbing like babies :D

It would be nice instead to have a simple set of milestones to point at. Something simple like http://maidsafe.net/roadmap would be ideal.

Milestones; a list of what is unique; coupled with both a mission statement and a vision statement. I don't know, why we don't have those already - front and centre. There's no point in pulling punches in a competitive market. Perhaps it doesn't matter and the market caps are an illusion but it would be nice to make the most of simple opportunities where there exist.

We are preparing a list of milestones with achievable dates.

I like the idea of appeasing our fellow early adopters with a roadmap and marketing it to others.  However, it's a fine line to create a roadmap that cannot pigeon hole developers nor reveal the competitive edge. Anything else is taking on a large risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline fuzzy

It would be nice instead to have a simple set of milestones to point at. Something simple like http://maidsafe.net/roadmap would be ideal.

Milestones; a list of what is unique; coupled with both a mission statement and a vision statement. I don't know, why we don't have those already - front and centre. There's no point in pulling punches in a competitive market. Perhaps it doesn't matter and the market caps are an illusion but it would be nice to make the most of simple opportunities where there exist.

Finally!  +5%

+5% Very good news
+5% this needs a bump!
Ive been watching that roadmap and its been on standstill since January. So I dont think its a good idea. (Things happen between the time you create the roadmap and the achievement of them...making them irrelevant)

I have always looked at it this way too...
It is in some ways good to have a team interested in pivoting. ..as long as the changes don't fundamentally change Bitshares.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Finally!  +5%

+5% Very good news
+5% this needs a bump!
Ive been watching that roadmap and its been on standstill since January. So I dont think its a good idea. (Things happen between the time you create the roadmap and the achievement of them...making them irrelevant)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

Excellent.  I cant wait to see the realistic roadmap.   This clarity should help turn the market around. 
We also need to get a chinese translation of it.
Roger that, I can put all the translations together with my other open source docs in the Marketing thread. BM?

I am pumped to hear about the translations btw ken.  It is hugely beneficial.  Max and Edilliam have done a great job. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Excellent.  I cant wait to see the realistic roadmap.   This clarity should help turn the market around. 
Roger that, I can put all the translations together with my other open source docs in the Marketing thread. BM?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Paid writers on BTS.hk will provide translation articles as usual .

But I doubt some news can turn the trend around  .... no matter how good they will be . Trend is trend , it'll shift base on market rules like in the stock market (just like every rising wave of Bitcoin , we all think it's trigger by some sort of event , but it's not . ) . Good news is just the noise that people think it's responsible for changing the trend . It's quite simple , when the buying power is greater than the selling power , the trend will turn around . And the market players will choose what every good news at that time to paint at it .

On a rising trend , everything will be great news ..... I still remembered when the shoping-cart plugin developer released the test code ...it was read as a major good news back then and "caused" the price to rise up . Of course now we know better , it just happened at the exact timing .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

zerosum

The big money, fulfillment of ideals, rocket to the moon, whatever you want to call it, does not lay in the crypto space. Since the only metric we have is the relative share price vs other crypto wannabees  on CMC, BTC38, BTER, Yubi, etc. we panic when our elevator is falling faster than the ones next to us.

This is all trying to predict which drop of wet paint will fall quickest on the wall when what we really need to look at is the Real Estate market that our wall exists in.

To quote Stan quoting Ruegger, "You need to think bigger, Pinky!"

I do not get it. We should talk. You must be consuming drinks with a red/pink colour.

Are you also going to church besides quoting 'Pinky'.... it might be potentially dangerous...call me at once!

Offline Riverhead

The big money, fulfillment of ideals, rocket to the moon, whatever you want to call it, does not lay in the crypto space. Since the only metric we have is the relative share price vs other crypto wannabees  on CMC, BTC38, BTER, Yubi, etc. we panic when our elevator is falling faster than the ones next to us.

This is all trying to predict which drop of wet paint will fall quickest on the wall when what we really need to look at is the Real Estate market that our wall exists in.

To quote Stan quoting Ruegger, "You need to think bigger, Pinky!"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:58:41 am by Riverhead »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline betax

• View Profile

Finally!  +5%

+5% Very good news
+5% this needs a bump!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% to OP
+5% for the roadmap!!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Finally!  +5%