Author Topic: Need to Learn about BanxShares?  (Read 7093 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
too much - time for the anger room

Offline fuzzy

I think its healthy to keep an eye on competitors. In this case BankShares don't appear to be listed on any exchanges but one:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/banxshares/#markets

They are only available here apparently:
https://banx.io
https://banx.io/trade?c=BANX&p=BTC

Notice only BUY orders no SELL orders.
Their listed market cap/volumes are potentially very inaccurate.
Do they have a client? Did you try running it?

No. I don't own banxshares...so I have no clue if they even have a client.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

zerosum

moving thread to Wonderland :P

Yeah, I heard that Fuzzy is starting a new Mumbleserver called "BeyondBitShares!"

Look how he pumps his beloved BanxShares (HEY BM! DO YOU SEE WHAT FUZZY'S DOING BEHIND YOUR BACK!)

are you seriously interested in learning about Banxshares? 

If you want I can explain it for you...They enable people to mine bitcoin and Banxshares pay dividends in bitcoin.  They pay the dividends through services provided and plan to expand those services in the future. 

I have actually talked to Mark behind the scenes about potentially selling BitShares ...

Selling BitShares what? Fuzzy?!

You might have said maybe.... "secrets" ? ? ?
A good one... btstv.
Made me lough.

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
I think its healthy to keep an eye on competitors. In this case BankShares don't appear to be listed on any exchanges but one:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/banxshares/#markets

They are only available here apparently:
https://banx.io
https://banx.io/trade?c=BANX&p=BTC

Notice only BUY orders no SELL orders.
Their listed market cap/volumes are potentially very inaccurate.
Do they have a client? Did you try running it?

Offline fuzzy

Yeah, I heard that Fuzzy is starting a new Mumbleserver called "BeyondBitShares!"

Look how he pumps his beloved BanxShares (HEY BM! DO YOU SEE WHAT FUZZY'S DOING BEHIND YOUR BACK!)

are you seriously interested in learning about Banxshares? 

If you want I can explain it for you...They enable people to mine bitcoin and Banxshares pay dividends in bitcoin.  They pay the dividends through services provided and plan to expand those services in the future. 

I have actually talked to Mark behind the scenes about potentially selling BitShares ...

Selling BitShares what? Fuzzy?!

You might have said maybe.... "secrets" ? ? ?

Lol...funny. 

Do people want to expand BitShares' user base or do we want to be an island? 

As far as "Beyond Bitshares"...hardly going to have a mumble server for beyond bitshares...though I do own a domain name called that.  BeyondBitshares.com I believe I own. 

As far as why...because BitShares is my home in crypto, but I am not going to lie and say that I do not see a need for other chains to exist in this world.  I am far more concerned with making a protocol like DPoS, that gives the power of voting to stakeholders over most other mechanisms than having just one chain, a crypto-gold standard.  And I do not plan on changing that view unless confronted by one that actually makes sense. 

I am trying to help move the world away from a single Multi-Trillion dollar chain and toward a world where many chains flourish like digital cities running on a common protocol for self-governance.  So if that is my strategy, I need to recognize that DPoS cannot ONLY exist in BitShares. 

Ultimately DPoS or something like it should be a crypto-gold standard in terms of protocols...If HTTPS was only made available for one website it wouldn't become the standard protocol...so not exactly sure where all these strawmen attacks are coming from.  It might be helpful in the future to vet your information?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Is this a joke thread or are you seriously interested in learning about Banxshares? 

If you want I can explain it for you...though it suffices to say they are not a threat to BitShares.  More of a complimentary relationship to our tech.

In fact, their business model opens up mining to bitUSD even more, which I have brought up to them.  You see, they offer first and foremost hash power.  They enable people to mine bitcoin and Banxshares pay dividends in bitcoin.  They pay the dividends through services provided and plan to expand those services in the future. 

I have actually talked to Mark behind the scenes about potentially selling customized BitShares Branded Casascius styled Physical tokens...and he seemed interested.

Now with that said, some people have told me they have had bad run-ins with Mark, but I was not there so I cannot really attest to the accuracy of such statements.

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Is this a joke thread or are you seriously interested in learning about Banxshares? 

If you want I can explain it for you...though it suffices to say they are not a threat to BitShares.  More of a complimentary relationship to our tech.

ahh complimentary! I see. Do they sell 3D printers or other 'open-source' hardware on a blockchain?

and btw fuzz I am asking about Banxshares not Bunker-shares. I am familiar with the latter - they play nice and run (supposedly...) the only marketing we have. I know the smooth talking guy with a nice place to hide...(trusted, long term member of the community, member of the PR pre-approval team; as opposed to me - new and or non-trustworthy. etc. etc.)

I don't know what to say about that.  It is a bitch and I am always open to additions. 

As for the "PR Team" it is actually a focus group of people who can help BM and the devs give announcements in a way that doesn't scare the shit out of people.  It seems needed.  Some may disagree.  I say they should start their own, better initiatives. 

Now with that said, are you upset with me or something?
Not upset.. just disappointed that non-conforming  and contrarian opinions are not welcomed in this venue...
I am far from sure I am the right one here (or that I have ever been)... but if anyone has been open to point to problems early, openly and constructively it has been me...so.

You are more than welcome ...
absolutely ..

Offline fuzzy

ahh complimentary! I see. Do they sell 3D printers or other 'open-source' hardware on a blockchain?

and btw fuzz I am asking about Banxshares not Bunker-shares. I am familiar with the latter - they play nice and run (supposedly...) the only marketing we have. I know the smooth talking guy with a nice place to hide...(trusted, long term member of the community, member of the PR pre-approval team; as opposed to me - new and or non-trustworthy. etc. etc.)

I don't know what to say about that.  It is a bitch and I am always open to additions. 

As for the "PR Team" it is actually a focus group of people who can help BM and the devs give announcements in a way that doesn't scare the shit out of people.  It seems needed.  Some may disagree.  I say they should start their own, better initiatives. 

Not upset.. just disappointed that non-conforming  and contrarian opinions are not welcomed in this venue...
I am far from sure I am the right one here (or that I have ever been)... but if anyone has been open to point to problems early, openly and constructively it has been me...so.

You are more than welcome to have contrarian opinions.  I don't know if you have noticed but I have some contrarian views myself at times.  None of us are going to be happy all the time with everything.  All that matter is that we have the freedom to fight for what we think is best with the tools we have at any given time... anything else is unrealistic (though I wish I could say otherwise).   
I have no clue why you would say contrarian views are not welcomed...at least from my standpoint. 

But back to the original OP of this thread....was Banxshares really something you wanted to know more about?

zerosum

Offline fuzzy

zerosum

Offline fuzzy

In fact, their business model opens up mining to bitUSD even more, which I have brought up to them.  You see, they offer first and foremost hash power.  They enable people to mine bitcoin and Banxshares pay dividends in bitcoin.  They pay the dividends through services provided and plan to expand those services in the future. 

I have actually talked to Mark behind the scenes about potentially selling customized BitShares Branded Casascius styled Physical tokens...and he seemed interested.

Now with that said, some people have told me they have had bad run-ins with Mark, but I was not there so I cannot really attest to the accuracy of such statements.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:50:17 am by fuzzy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

I never expected to have to do this...but soon BTS will be competing with BanxShares for a spot on the coinmarketcap list....

I am fully aware that the most active mod on this forum (Ironically enough, the one that thinks Bitshares is as innovative (OK slightly less but almost as inovative as SuperNET) will send this thread to the "place where nothing is ever read".

Which leaves me not much time to learn about this competitor of ours, called BanxShares.

Thanks.