Author Topic: Coinmarketcap 8th place Bitshares 8,5m  (Read 10882 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
We should know that the market is very thin and so extremely sensitive. Only with $15k, a guy can pump the price about 50%.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline fuzzy

So much wasted time worrying about price.  The most amazing thing about cryptocurrency is that we can all put forth a little effort toward making BitShares a success...and that it adds tremendously. 

It is so easy to simply complain...but it gets us nowhere.  Instead of being upset about price...why don't we all just take a deep breath and realize that the dollar is dying and people are desperately looking for alternatives...

All we have to do is keep trucking and actually trying to bring value.  BM told me a long time ago to simply act, and to this day it has been the best advice I have ever received. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Despite the crypto recession, the smart money keeps moving into this sphere. Goldman Sachs just dropped $50 million into Circle.

http://observer.com/2015/04/its-happening-goldman-sachs-just-dropped-50-million-into-a-bitcoin-startup/

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
This also means that, right now, a lot of BTS are being transferred into stronger hands making this less likely to happen in the future.

How can you conclude this is really true?
Have you ever thought that the opposite scenario could be more likely? (that we are loosing stronger hands...)
let me explain...

Considering from my self (and not only) I have lost more than 80% of my "investment" because I was shorting all the way down to this prices... I never sold BTS, except to cover my old short positions and to open new short positions... I have no more money to invest and soon if we continue the decline I will loose all my bts to cover my last short's...
So one is sure! My money have not gone to stronger hands... maybe not weaker BUT NOT TO STRONGER HANDS...

If I am the only example here, then I must agree with your analysis Stan... but if out-there are many supporters in a similar position like me (and maybe your top supporters) ... I would consider "You need to think bigger, Pinky!"

I definitely know how you feel having literally bet the family farm on this project.  The current situation is certainly punishing the strongest bulls among us and I am grateful for every one of them.  But there is still a buyer for every seller.  My only point was that anyone who is buying now, with blood in the streets, understands the value proposition well enough to be considered smaaarter than the average bear.   :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
At this point we should stop caring about the price.

+5% BitShares is one of the few currencies that's not meant for "daytraders" in my opinion.

We need an actual ecosystem, a reason for people to use BitUSD.

BitShares produce BitUSD base on the needs of day traders . Without day traders , there are no BitUSD .
Without day traders activating the market , price , etc.etc.  people won't expect profit , so they won't short either . No short , no BitUSD .

Unless there is an whole different system , day traders is really important (essential maybe) to the economy of BitUSD .

sorry if it was not clear - I was talking about pump&dumpers for bitshares

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
This also means that, right now, a lot of BTS are being transferred into stronger hands making this less likely to happen in the future.

Have you ever thought that the opposite scenario could be more likely? (that we are loosing stronger hands...)
let me explain...

Considering from my self (and not only) I have lost more than 80% of my "investment" because I was shorting all the way down to this prices... I never sold BTS, except to cover my old short positions and to open new short positions... I have no more money to invest and soon if we continue the decline I will loose all my bts to cover my last short's...
So one is sure! My money have not gone to stronger hands... maybe not weaker BUT NOT TO STRONGER HANDS...

If I am the only example here, then I must agree with your analysis Stan... but if out-there are many supporters in a similar position like me (and maybe your top supporters) ... I would consider "You need to think bigger, Pinky!"

Same here. I'm actually closer to 90% loss, because I bought at the highest, believed in the bull threads all the way down, and kept shorting. It's crazy how many say they believe, but shorting is not for them. You can sustain the system ONLY by shorting. Of course you're at risk, especially if nobody else does, like what's happening now. As I see it, the crash is due mainly to shorters having to sell. Useless altcoins don't have such sell pressures.

The price matters a lot because bleeding all the shorters is CERTAINLY not a good idea. I would want to see the BTS whales giving strong signals by shorting near the price feed.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

lzr1900

I was just talking with a VC today who is in the process of buying a fiat exchange and is interested in funding us to integrate.   Funding developers is not going to be a problem. 

In reality these low prices are HELPING us attract VC money because they can buy in and capture a stake.

Truth.  +5%

The low prices make it possible for the people who predict the future by creating it to accumulate enough to make it worthwhile.

Indeed.

Usually in startups/VC, the equity in the company is held by a small number of investors who are long term believers, knowledgeable about the company, and who are strong hands who would not panic and sell their stake if the valuation went down.  In fact, the shares at that point are not even tradable. 

It is a unique thing about cryptocurrencies that they have allowed average people to act like venture capitalists, buying into crypto IPOs.  This is very cool.  And yet, sadly in the current state of crypto, there are just a ton of people running around out there buying and selling cryptocoins that have NO understanding whatsoever of the technology.  And so many of them are weak hands, momentum buyers, who just buy pumps and sell dumps and have no idea what coins are good or bad, other than to look at what coin is going up or down.

Even then, while the average person might be able to grasp a basic idea of what Bitocin means, that is, they can understand the short explanation or 'story' of bitcoin, understanding Bitshares is more difficult by an order of magnitude.  Without a finance/economics/trading background, you CANNOT understand it.  You will not have the slightest clue how bitAssets work, and about shorting and collateral and margin calls, or anything!  And so most people cannot distinguish between Bitshares and the tons of other crap out there.  The other coins all have nice one line summaries of their 'story', like "Darkcoin is anoynmous", or "Dogecoin is fun and has cute dog pictures".  And they understand those things.  But Bitshares is incomprehensible financial mumbo jumbo to them, and so all they see is that the price is going down, therefore it must suck. 

In a normal startup company.  The investors would not be a bunch of chinese and western guys, of which 99% of whom have no idea how anything works and who bought because it was going up and sell because its going down.  But in Bitshares thats what we have.  The current bear market is grinding out most of these people, and those that remain are either those who understand bitshares, or those who are very very stubborn.  (In investing, an average amount of stubbornness is terrible for your health!  It means you hold through the early declines but then sell late, near the bottom!  You need to either be quick to bail, or you need to hold through everything and come out the other side).

A brilliant analysis!  +1

Thus, our increased focus on reaching people who will use the products and services (entrepreneurs and consumers) rather than those who casually speculate on the underlying base asset will produce far less sensitivity to weak hands in the days ahead.
Did your mothers bitshares transfer to the weak hand?Did she satisfied with your investment in bitshares??I assume your mama's funds were 80-90%  gone form original. :o :o :o

Offline d3adh3ad

• View Profile

In a normal startup company.  The investors would not be a bunch of chinese and western guys, of which 99% of whom have no idea how anything works and who bought because it was going up and sell because its going down.  But in Bitshares thats what we have. 

Seriously??  The western guys and especially Chinese forumers have been complaining the merger killer, the dilution killer, the constant 'flip-flop' decisions-on-impulse, the 'forever' buggy and unreliable wallet, the no-milestone-map ....  On the contrary, they know very well what is happening.

I was not referring to the forum participants here.  I am referring to the people who follow trollboxes on exchanges and just buy whatever is hot that people tell them to buy.  Those people dont understand bitshares at all, so they just sell when it goes back down.

I hope you are not suggesting that 99% of the current bts investors are in fact pure speculators behind the exchanges' trollboxes.  What happened to the ags&pts founding investors, the later investors and believers, holders in bts?  Are they gone?  We have a problem.

Not gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lzr1900

let me explain...

+5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Agreed, I only see BitShares growing, more wallets coming out and a lot of good news. Bitcoin and all the alts are down too, we're not alone.
I'm buying BTS as fast as I can afford it too, this is one investment in my life that I refuse to miss out on.
I'm translating all of Max's videos right now too, plus I am creating open source subtitles files that can be translated into any language.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15840.0.html
If I get voted in as a Delegate and can go full-time, then I'll be able to push Max's videos and the Wikipedia page I'm working on and such to every country on earth...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit
I'm watching our volume and new user count more than anything. Software just sits there if we don't get the word out.
Good job Ken. You have my vote

Thank you Mike :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline CalabiYau

I was just talking with a VC today who is in the process of buying a fiat exchange and is interested in funding us to integrate.   Funding developers is not going to be a problem. 

In reality these low prices are HELPING us attract VC money because they can buy in and capture a stake.

Truth.  +5%

The low prices make it possible for the people who predict the future by creating it to accumulate enough to make it worthwhile.

Indeed.

Usually in startups/VC, the equity in the company is held by a small number of investors who are long term believers, knowledgeable about the company, and who are strong hands who would not panic and sell their stake if the valuation went down.  In fact, the shares at that point are not even tradable. 

It is a unique thing about cryptocurrencies that they have allowed average people to act like venture capitalists, buying into crypto IPOs.  This is very cool.  And yet, sadly in the current state of crypto, there are just a ton of people running around out there buying and selling cryptocoins that have NO understanding whatsoever of the technology.  And so many of them are weak hands, momentum buyers, who just buy pumps and sell dumps and have no idea what coins are good or bad, other than to look at what coin is going up or down.

I agree. It is a completely new phenomenon that through crypto everybody has the opportunity to act as vc`s.
But not everybody is aware of the cycles that every startup is going through. Beside the ones frustrated by the bumpy road caused by erratic management decisions there are frustrated speculators, using the speculation instruments like longs and shorts. Some losing money by gaming the market in the wrong direction. 

I am an investor only, buying and holding. As long development is going on and the crew is committed to the project, the opportunities of this project are still outweighing the risks for me.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

let me explain...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

+5% BitShares is one of the few currencies that's not meant for "daytraders" in my opinion.

BitShares produce BitUSD base on the needs of day traders . Without day traders , there are no BitUSD .
Without day traders activating the market , price , etc.etc.  people won't expect profit , so they won't short either . No short , no BitUSD .

Unless there is an whole different system , day traders is really important (essential maybe) to the economy of BitUSD .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline betax

• View Profile
+ transparency and a roadmap.

Current issues are "defects" but is required a future. Why will anybody invest on "secrets".
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

TurkeyLeg

Shorts and MPAs need to be fixed. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

In a normal startup company.  The investors would not be a bunch of chinese and western guys, of which 99% of whom have no idea how anything works and who bought because it was going up and sell because its going down.  But in Bitshares thats what we have. 

Seriously??  The western guys and especially Chinese forumers have been complaining the merger killer, the dilution killer, the constant 'flip-flop' decisions-on-impulse, the 'forever' buggy and unreliable wallet, the no-milestone-map ....  On the contrary, they know very well what is happening.

I was not referring to the forum participants here.  I am referring to the people who follow trollboxes on exchanges and just buy whatever is hot that people tell them to buy.  Those people dont understand bitshares at all, so they just sell when it goes back down.

I hope you are not suggesting that 99% of the current bts investors are in fact pure speculators behind the exchanges' trollboxes.  What happened to the ags&pts founding investors, the later investors and believers, holders in bts?  Are they gone?  We have a problem.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Overthetop

My biggest concern is how we are going to fund developers when the donations dry up. Delegate pay is nowhere near enough now and only getting less and less. There is clearly very little disposable income left in the space else moonstone would have been funded by now.

Shouldn't we be reaching out to VC's? Why aren't VC's buying Bitshares with it's potential to be so lucrative?

It's honestly getting to the stage where I don't know if I'm just crazy or the rest of the world is blind...

Probably both

Good News.  +5%
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline wallace

• View Profile

This is the best news I have heard for a long time.  I hope this time it does not end up just talk (reference 'the coming-soon bts debit card', 'exchanges eager to become gateways, 'secret sauce',  ...).

+5% +5%
give me money, I will do...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

This is the best news I have heard for a long time.  I hope this time it does not end up just talk (reference 'the coming-soon bts debit card', 'exchanges eager to become gateways, 'secret sauce',  ...).

Agreed, I only see BitShares growing, more wallets coming out and a lot of good news. Bitcoin and all the alts are down too, we're not alone.
I'm buying BTS as fast as I can afford it too, this is one investment in my life that I refuse to miss out on.

You only agree because that is what you WANT it to do. You know nothing about what the future will bring. Everybody has been saying the exact same thing despite all the so called past milestones that have been reached. And look  where BTS is. It is collapsing, not growing. Users are leaving, internal market volume is shrinking, market cap and market share are shrinking....

If you get voted in, you can go full time? Really? Do you know how much a full time delegate pays in real world cash right now? Practically nothing. Or is your productivity contingent on a delegate and not time or interference with your real day job. As in this is your hobby and you want to get paid to do your hobby?

I always enjoy the dose of realism from you, especially among the increasing amount of bs and over-hyping popping up.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:01:45 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I'm translating all of Max's videos right now too, plus I am creating open source subtitles files that can be translated into any language.

If I get voted in as a Delegate and can go full-time, then I'll be able to push Max's videos and the Wikipedia page I'm working on and such to every country on earth...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit

I'm watching our volume and new user count more than anything. Software just sits there if we don't get the word out.

Good job Ken. You have my vote

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
BTC is even bigger disappointment than BTS. It's failure reflects on all altcoin projects.

And now it's super hard to raise money for such cool projects like Moonstone. Alas, just a half and a year ago people were giving away 100+ BTC to scammers at BTT and now they can't spare a few for a killer wallet, wth.  >:(

I think it was a big mistake to go +15% on BTS instead of going +15% on bitUSD. That would have been the perfect opportunity to attract more Bitcoin guys to BitShares. But with such a BTS downtrend no one cares about +15%, except BTS bulls which are mostly out of fiat already. Maybe we have been to greedy to want +15% on our BTS.

Maybe they can still add a bitUSD option and market to bitcoin users. It would be a much needed signal to see some money flowing into moonstone.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
toast to toast for perhaps single handedly turning BTS back around without buying a single BTS  +5%
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Truth.  +5%

Indeed.

Even then, while the average person might be able to grasp a basic idea of what Bitocin means, that is, they can understand the short explanation or 'story' of bitcoin, understanding Bitshares is more difficult by an order of magnitude.  Without a finance/economics/trading background, you CANNOT understand it.  You will not have the slightest clue how bitAssets work, and about shorting and collateral and margin calls, or anything!  And so most people cannot distinguish between Bitshares and the tons of other crap out there.  The other coins all have nice one line summaries of their 'story', like "Darkcoin is anoynmous", or "Dogecoin is fun and has cute dog pictures".  And they understand those things.  But Bitshares is incomprehensible financial mumbo jumbo to them, and so all they see is that the price is going down, therefore it must suck. 

In a normal startup company.  The investors would not be a bunch of chinese and western guys, of which 99% of whom have no idea how anything works and who bought because it was going up and sell because its going down.  But in Bitshares thats what we have.  The current bear market is grinding out most of these people, and those that remain are either those who understand bitshares, or those who are very very stubborn.  (In investing, an average amount of stubbornness is terrible for your health!  It means you hold through the early declines but then sell late, near the bottom!  You need to either be quick to bail, or you need to hold through everything and come out the other side).

A brilliant analysis!  +1

Thus, our increased focus on reaching people who will use the products and services (entrepreneurs and consumers) rather than those who casually speculate on the underlying base asset will produce far less sensitivity to weak hands in the days ahead.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Truth.  +5%

Indeed.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

You only agree because that is what you WANT it to do. You know nothing about what the future will bring. Everybody has been saying the exact same thing despite all the so called past milestones that have been reached. And look  where BTS is. It is collapsing, not growing. Users are leaving, internal market volume is shrinking, market cap and market share are shrinking....

If you get voted in, you can go full time? Really? Do you know how much a full time delegate pays in real world cash right now? Practically nothing. Or is your productivity contingent on a delegate and not time or interference with your real day job. As in this is your hobby and you want to get paid to do your hobby?

Can you provide numbers to back what you say above? If you can provide numbers then make a thread based on those numbers and no one can disagree. Numbers don't lie.

Here are some telling numbers... I clicked a random page to see the number of new users on this forum in the past on a given day, I happened to click this date https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc;start=1080 from January, the entire page is filled up with new forum members from a single day. On the other hand, click most recent https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc;start=0 and it takes more than a week to fill up a page of new members.

We used to get a lot more fake accounts too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Can you provide numbers to back what you say above? If you can provide numbers then make a thread based on those numbers and no one can disagree. Numbers don't lie.

Here are some telling numbers... I clicked a random page to see the number of new users on this forum in the past on a given day, I happened to click this date https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc;start=1080 from January, the entire page is filled up with new forum members from a single day. On the other hand, click most recent https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;desc;start=0 and it takes more than a week to fill up a page of new members.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
And then add a month or two because everything is always late. :P

:P

Return of the toast may mean the complete of Peertrack. Buy NOTE!
delegate-clayop

Offline Ander

• View Profile
This month (April) or upcoming month (May)?

I'd assume may.  And then add a month or two because everything is always late. :P

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
This month (April) or upcoming month (May)?
delegate-clayop

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
You only agree because that is what you WANT it to do.

Arent we allowed to hope for a desired outcome which is not unreasonable? Otherwise we would all just give up, lose interest and sell. You certainly havent because youre still here.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Toast returning would be amazing.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
It's true ahah maybe because of that I don't worry about the price too much, because I don't care about short term profits and invested ready for the long term.

To be honest I only worry about one thing with these low prices, is how can they affect delegates and development. As long as delegates have enough money to accomplish what their milestones I'm at ease.

This most accurately parallels my position as well.

While this is what I would suspect to be the case (and for those that care about $$$ ROI first and foremost - consolidation of holdings into a handful of big guns might be beneficial)

What I worry about is how much ideology we might lose in the transition.

I believe in the ability and integrity of bytemaster and the rest of the Dev team, but I am also bothered by the relative absence of Toast, as I viewed him as the Bitshares Devs most transparent ideological indicator.

Toast may be coming back to the fold this month... stay tuned.

If that's not something to get bullish about then I don't know what is!

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It's true ahah maybe because of that I don't worry about the price too much, because I don't care about short term profits and invested ready for the long term.

To be honest I only worry about one thing with these low prices, is how can they affect delegates and development. As long as delegates have enough money to accomplish what their milestones I'm at ease.

While this is what I would suspect to be the case (and for those that care about $$$ ROI first and foremost - consolidation of holdings into a handful of big guns might be beneficial)

I believe in the ability and integrity of bytemaster and the rest of the Dev team, but I am also bothered by the relative absence of Toast, as I viewed him as the Bitshares Devs most transparent ideological indicator.

Wohooo ... plenty of buy signals ;)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I'm a Jon Snow regarding day trading

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
BTC is even bigger disappointment than BTS. It's failure reflects on all altcoin projects.

And now it's super hard to raise money for such cool projects like Moonstone. Alas, just a half and a year ago people were giving away 100+ BTC to scammers at BTT and now they can't spare a few for a killer wallet, wth.  >:(

This. It's bitcoin's massive bleed-out over the past 1.5 years that's truly at the heart of all this bearishness. And honestly it only looks like the trend will continue downward with bitcoin. The only things left to look forward to are the ETF and halving next year, but I'd say there's a good chance those are already priced in anyway. These events will probably be used as an excuse to pump the price up a bit, but will be followed by a long bleed-out period all over again.

BitShares has the potential to be everything bitcoin wants to be and a hell of a lot more. That's why I'm still here, and hodling to the bitter end.

This is actually true. It will probably be up and down in cycles.

The point is Bitshares as a community and the developers have to plan ahead for these cycles. While the price is low that is the time to innovate and make dramatic changes because once Bitshares has a billion dollar market cap it's too late to change. Once Bitshares has a billion dollar market cap we are all going along for the ride.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Do you know why? CENTRALIZATION OF MINING EQUALS CENTRALIZATION OF RESOURCES.

A small number of Bitcoin fat cats hold practically all the Bitcoins. They are also encouraging people to spend Bitcoins as much as possible at their shops so they can centralize even more.

This trend began with the switch to ASICs and got much worse when ASICs for Scrypt were developed. Mining centralization meant that all the cash centralized to people who don't care about Bitcoin or it's future and who just want to cash out to pay for equipment or to get rich.

Then you have Bitpay and merchants who might care but who just accept Bitcoin because it's cool and good for business. They probably cash it into fiat instantly so it's never really held or touched. So Bitcoin prices are where they deserve to be and $200 is the bottom.

BTS is a bit more complicated. It's not doing well because there is no marketing. It is actually understandable that developers have to get paid so no one complains about that but a lot of money was wasted on marketing which really only resulted in a pump and dump.

Now the hype train is over and the next hype train might or might not happen with the Bitcoin reward halving. That means we have maybe another year before we could get to above $100 million market cap.

But of course with Bitcoin nothing is really for certain. It could change overnight for BTS if it changes for Bitcoin but ultimately Bitcoin with it's reward schedule and self pressure is causing the money to flow out. Interest in cryptocurrency only seems to be a result of the Bitcoin price reaching all time highs so the next time that happens will be the time when the market recovers for all crypto.

If Bitshares is prepared for it then it should be great for all of us but the challenge is to keep developers and the community motivated until that happens.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:27:05 pm by luckybit »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

+5% +5%
delegate-clayop

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
My biggest concern is how we are going to fund developers when the donations dry up. Delegate pay is nowhere near enough now and only getting less and less. There is clearly very little disposable income left in the space else moonstone would have been funded by now.

Shouldn't we be reaching out to VC's? Why aren't VC's buying Bitshares with it's potential to be so lucrative?

It's honestly getting to the stage where I don't know if I'm just crazy or the rest of the world is blind...

Probably both

Truth.  +5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Bitcoin's flaws (the mining, the slow transaction time, and the poor governance structure, for example) have been on full display. I'd like to be hopeful that if BitShares' developers can hang on and tough it out and we end with a really usable product with amazing utility, there should be some interest out there in the path that Bitcoin has blazed. BitShares IS the better mousetrap.

Exactly.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Probably both

Uh that's nice!  +5%

I don't understand a thing about day trading but it seems there have been a few threads and articles popping here and there about bitcoin being in a very early bull market stage, reversing the trend. If the word starts to spread, we all know how rumours work. In the end this trend might just suddenly reverse with no apparent reason i guess. People panic buy and panic sell so i guess this would be possible. But then again I'm a Jon Snow regarding day trading

Tuck Fheman

My biggest concern is how we are going to fund developers when the donations dry up.

I don't think that would be an issue, seeing how much smaller, non-funded projects I work with are progressing with ACCT, which is already completed and will be released on the mainnet in mid-May.

You might be surprised by the quality dev's out there willing to work for basically nothing to further a dream.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile

Probably both

+5%

Offline bytemaster

Probably both

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

Probably both

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Bitcoin made some noise before it really started to deflate. There has been a ton of VC money going into crypto-related startups. And a large percentage of businesses have said that they plan to add Bitcoin payment in coming months and years. And yet Bitcoin's flaws (the mining, the slow transaction time, and the poor governance structure, for example) have been on full display. I'd like to be hopeful that if BitShares' developers can hang on and tough it out and we end with a really usable product with amazing utility, there should be some interest out there in the path that Bitcoin has blazed. BitShares IS the better mousetrap.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BitShares has the potential to be everything bitcoin wants to be and a hell of a lot more. That's why I'm still here, and hodling to the bitter end.

Nailed it!
BitShares has more solid-tech backing it than any other crypto out there.
I'm not in a hurry either. I'll HODL for years, I'm loooooong.

I do have a feeling Wall Street is gonna see a crash bigger than 2008 though, probably sometime this year, say November or December.

Once the bail-ins are reported on HONESTLY by the MSM, watch what happens to us then. Forget the bank runs, there will be more runs to crypto then than anything.

BitShares is a sleeping giant right now. Let her sleep and just keep buying.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile

This. It's bitcoin's massive bleed-out over the past 1.5 years that's truly at the heart of all this bearishness. And honestly it only looks like the trend will continue downward with bitcoin. The only things left to look forward to are the ETF and halving next year, but I'd say there's a good chance those are already priced in anyway. These events will probably be used as an excuse to pump the price up a bit, but will be followed by a long bleed-out period all over again.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
My own expectation of the lowest it could get is something like $100 for 100,000 BTS.  On the other hand someday we could see $1-2 for 1 BTS. It's unknowable what will happen in the long term but the short term trend is down.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
At this point we should stop caring about the price. We are back where we were with Protoshares.

I hope developers focus 100% on innovation and on preparing for opportunities in the future. I would say Bitshares is in a bear market and is going to keep going down until there are new users coming into the space.

Bitcoin early adopters have left the building and it's just the Bitshares community now. Don't be surprised if you see $5 million market cap or less in the coming weeks as it would only be a continuation of the trend which could last for months.

The good news is it can turn around quickly as well. If Bitcoin prices rise, new money flows in, new interest, then Bitshares will likely rise along with it if the technology is still cutting edge. It will have stiff competition from NXT, Ethereum, Maidsafe, but it could easily rise to the top 5 on technical merit.

Offline ronald

• View Profile
1. We are in an 'blackhole'.  Those who short the BitUSD are toasted. But BitAssets are essential to add value to the BitShares.

Pitty.

Also:

2. Good work from Max Wright (Bitcoin 101 serie on YouTube). But the video's are only viewed 150 - 250times in 4 weeks. Thats to little exposure

3. Is all the work done only worth 8,5m ?