Author Topic: Coinmarketcap 8th place Bitshares 8,5m  (Read 10884 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
My biggest concern is how we are going to fund developers when the donations dry up. Delegate pay is nowhere near enough now and only getting less and less. There is clearly very little disposable income left in the space else moonstone would have been funded by now.

Shouldn't we be reaching out to VC's? Why aren't VC's buying Bitshares with it's potential to be so lucrative?

It's honestly getting to the stage where I don't know if I'm just crazy or the rest of the world is blind...

Probably both

I was just talking with a VC today who is in the process of buying a fiat exchange and is interested in funding us to integrate.   Funding developers is not going to be a problem. 

In reality these low prices are HELPING us attract VC money because they can buy in and capture a stake.

Uh that's nice!  +5%

I don't understand a thing about day trading but it seems there have been a few threads and articles popping here and there about bitcoin being in a very early bull market stage, reversing the trend. If the word starts to spread, we all know how rumours work. In the end this trend might just suddenly reverse with no apparent reason i guess. People panic buy and panic sell so i guess this would be possible. But then again I'm a Jon Snow regarding day trading
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

My biggest concern is how we are going to fund developers when the donations dry up.

I don't think that would be an issue, seeing how much smaller, non-funded projects I work with are progressing with ACCT, which is already completed and will be released on the mainnet in mid-May.

You might be surprised by the quality dev's out there willing to work for basically nothing to further a dream.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
My biggest concern is how we are going to fund developers when the donations dry up. Delegate pay is nowhere near enough now and only getting less and less. There is clearly very little disposable income left in the space else moonstone would have been funded by now.

Shouldn't we be reaching out to VC's? Why aren't VC's buying Bitshares with it's potential to be so lucrative?

It's honestly getting to the stage where I don't know if I'm just crazy or the rest of the world is blind...

Probably both

I was just talking with a VC today who is in the process of buying a fiat exchange and is interested in funding us to integrate.   Funding developers is not going to be a problem. 

In reality these low prices are HELPING us attract VC money because they can buy in and capture a stake.

+5%

Offline bytemaster

Probably both

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

Probably both

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Bitcoin made some noise before it really started to deflate. There has been a ton of VC money going into crypto-related startups. And a large percentage of businesses have said that they plan to add Bitcoin payment in coming months and years. And yet Bitcoin's flaws (the mining, the slow transaction time, and the poor governance structure, for example) have been on full display. I'd like to be hopeful that if BitShares' developers can hang on and tough it out and we end with a really usable product with amazing utility, there should be some interest out there in the path that Bitcoin has blazed. BitShares IS the better mousetrap.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BitShares has the potential to be everything bitcoin wants to be and a hell of a lot more. That's why I'm still here, and hodling to the bitter end.

Nailed it!
BitShares has more solid-tech backing it than any other crypto out there.
I'm not in a hurry either. I'll HODL for years, I'm loooooong.

I do have a feeling Wall Street is gonna see a crash bigger than 2008 though, probably sometime this year, say November or December.

Once the bail-ins are reported on HONESTLY by the MSM, watch what happens to us then. Forget the bank runs, there will be more runs to crypto then than anything.

BitShares is a sleeping giant right now. Let her sleep and just keep buying.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
BTC is even bigger disappointment than BTS. It's failure reflects on all altcoin projects.

And now it's super hard to raise money for such cool projects like Moonstone. Alas, just a half and a year ago people were giving away 100+ BTC to scammers at BTT and now they can't spare a few for a killer wallet, wth.  >:(

This. It's bitcoin's massive bleed-out over the past 1.5 years that's truly at the heart of all this bearishness. And honestly it only looks like the trend will continue downward with bitcoin. The only things left to look forward to are the ETF and halving next year, but I'd say there's a good chance those are already priced in anyway. These events will probably be used as an excuse to pump the price up a bit, but will be followed by a long bleed-out period all over again.

BitShares has the potential to be everything bitcoin wants to be and a hell of a lot more. That's why I'm still here, and hodling to the bitter end.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Agreed, I only see BitShares growing, more wallets coming out and a lot of good news. Bitcoin and all the alts are down too, we're not alone.
I'm buying BTS as fast as I can afford it too, this is one investment in my life that I refuse to miss out on.

I'm translating all of Max's videos right now too, plus I am creating open source subtitles files that can be translated into any language.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15840.0.html

If I get voted in as a Delegate and can go full-time, then I'll be able to push Max's videos and the Wikipedia page I'm working on and such to every country on earth...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit

I'm watching our volume and new user count more than anything. Software just sits there if we don't get the word out.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
BTC is even bigger disappointment than BTS. It's failure reflects on all altcoin projects.

And now it's super hard to raise money for such cool projects like Moonstone. Alas, just a half and a year ago people were giving away 100+ BTC to scammers at BTT and now they can't spare a few for a killer wallet, wth.  >:(

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
My own expectation of the lowest it could get is something like $100 for 100,000 BTS.  On the other hand someday we could see $1-2 for 1 BTS. It's unknowable what will happen in the long term but the short term trend is down.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
At this point we should stop caring about the price. We are back where we were with Protoshares.

I hope developers focus 100% on innovation and on preparing for opportunities in the future. I would say Bitshares is in a bear market and is going to keep going down until there are new users coming into the space.

Bitcoin early adopters have left the building and it's just the Bitshares community now. Don't be surprised if you see $5 million market cap or less in the coming weeks as it would only be a continuation of the trend which could last for months.

The good news is it can turn around quickly as well. If Bitcoin prices rise, new money flows in, new interest, then Bitshares will likely rise along with it if the technology is still cutting edge. It will have stiff competition from NXT, Ethereum, Maidsafe, but it could easily rise to the top 5 on technical merit.

Offline ronald

• View Profile
1. We are in an 'blackhole'.  Those who short the BitUSD are toasted. But BitAssets are essential to add value to the BitShares.

Pitty.

Also:

2. Good work from Max Wright (Bitcoin 101 serie on YouTube). But the video's are only viewed 150 - 250times in 4 weeks. Thats to little exposure

3. Is all the work done only worth 8,5m ?