Author Topic: Please vote for KenCode's delegate  (Read 35270 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Good morning!

Looks like my Witness just got up and running, if you have a sec, I'd greatly appreciate your Vote:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,18951.msg245788.html#msg245788

Please and thank you! :)
  ken

delegate.kencode
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Interesting, thanx Akado :)
Manufacturing of POS terminals is down the road a bit, but I intend to leverage the millions that already use products like quickbooks and odoo, get our app available on their existing platforms.
Essentially, POS systems have just become tablets with thermal printers and scanners, etc. Hundreds of companies make that stuff which leaves us with a lot of options for the equipment we choose if we go our own route.

Software is the way to go in the beginning, brings our stuff to the masses much quicker and at lower cost :)
Thanx for the link tho Akado!
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-2015-final-countdown/

BitPay, the leading Bitcoin payment service provider, has teamed up with Ingenico, a company that manufactures point of sale terminals (POS). The companies are expected to release the Ingenico terminal ICT250, announcing it on October 6 at the Blockchain Week in Barcelona. BitPay developed the platform and installed it on the Ingenico terminal, and hopes to achieve more than just e-commerce sales. The company will be competing against CoinKite, which produces a Bitcoin POS terminal as well. This is exciting news for the brick and mortar venues looking to accept the digital currency.

thought this might be interesting since you're into POS too
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
On the table for this week, we will be posting another article on CoinTelegraph (see above) and this one will cover the 2.0 features, holding a meeting with Winheller (300€) for documented legal, tax and accounting info, finishing the setup of our first UIA to raise funds for further development (including Bitshares-branded hardware!), working with the developers and getting the demo video of the POS software produced (hopefully) before the 13th (so you guys can see it in action!), finalizing the fee structure and payouts for the affiliate program and uia owners (so uia holders can also earn from every customer transaction at the terminal), more social media posts, and of course adding more speakers and exhibitors for the Expo:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnldiptL8n5o1iWIEMhrSfh1f6OpOUkqPMtfZXO8xpU/edit
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BAMM!
The CoinTelegraph just signed as a Gold level Sponsor of the BitShares Munich Expo!! 8)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnldiptL8n5o1iWIEMhrSfh1f6OpOUkqPMtfZXO8xpU/edit
Hey Ken, I'm going to buy some more BTS so that I can vote for you even more  ;)

Thank you @onceuponatime :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline onceuponatime

BAMM!

The CoinTelegraph just signed as a Gold level Sponsor of the BitShares Munich Expo!! 8)

Hey Ken, I'm going to buy some more BTS so that I can vote for you even more  ;)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BAMM!

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
This week is going to be crazy busy.
I have meetings with Winheller (the largest crypto-savvy accounting, tax and legal firm in Europe), our first tests of the BitShares POS code will take place (at the dev's house in Romania), another CoinTelegraph article about 2.0 will be published, the video for one of the BitShares Partners should be launched (i did the voiceovers for it too), I meet with the VC firm that (hopefully) will Speak at and help Sponsor the Expo, work with Cole to finish up the BitShares Ticker, Slider and responsive code for the website that will be selling the POS systems and other devices, get started on the affiliate code for the shopping cart of the site (this allows everyone here to make 99% of the net profits of the sale of one of the POS systems or anything else that is offered in the online shop) and if all goes well, make the formal announcement of one of the other major BitShares projects we have been working on.

edit: as per request just now, removed the Partner name above to keep their launch a bit more under wraps
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:15:32 am by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
me neither, but reading the guy's code often enough, it's still just javascript when it all comes down to it. almost all last week i spent in skype calls and stuff with Expo work, but they do check in regularly so i have a good couple guys (Christian was fast, Cole is busy on the ticker and slider, and David.. well, not sure if david is gonna make it though. i have so little that i can pay these guys, i have to be incredibly patient. that's tough for me.

the backend all sits at evennode (and in my Atom IDE). once each little app is completed, it gets pushed to my github and published to my npmjs.com account (1 so far). Odoo (geoffrey) is waiting on me:

Accordion (done), ticker (almost done), slider (a few days work), jawbone (maybe), affiliate shopping cart using graphene, and then we can use that code with geoffrey at Odoo (all open source as well).
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Of course, Christian committed all the react accordion code to my github a couple weeks ago, Cole has the reactjs ticker almost done (bitshares-munich.evennode.com), then in a few days he will push the reactjs slider as well. I managed to hire a third js guy David (new to reactjs though) to get the language selector done too. He has till friday to get the first commit up. Once those last few jquery things have been replaced then i am moving the guys into the affiliate cart code for the website. These little react apps may not seem like much but once we tie all this into graphene/openledger it will automate the entire sales process and logistics (pmnt processing, shipping the pos systems, tracking, customer support, etc). If you need, I can email you the different views files, app.js, package.json, options.js, etc. We upgraded to io.js 3.3.0 with koa too, runs frign awesome so far. If you can give us a hand in the code, please say so. Fair warning tho, I can only afford about 20 bucks a day tho. Much appreciated if you can though, thanx Xeroc :)
I am not yet familiar with react .. thought of "backend" a different way ..

You mentioned you want to integrate with odoo. Are you at that stage yet?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Of course, Christian committed all the react accordion code to my github a couple weeks ago, Cole has the reactjs ticker almost done (bitshares-munich.evennode.com), then in a few days he will push the reactjs slider as well. I managed to hire a third js guy David (new to reactjs though) to get the language selector done too. He has till friday to get the first commit up. Once those last few jquery things have been replaced then i am moving the guys into the affiliate cart code for the website. These little react apps may not seem like much but once we tie all this into graphene/openledger it will automate the entire sales process and logistics (pmnt processing, shipping the pos systems, tracking, customer support, etc). If you need, I can email you the different views files, app.js, package.json, options.js, etc. We upgraded to io.js 3.3.0 with koa too, runs frign awesome so far. If you can give us a hand in the code, please say so. Fair warning tho, I can only afford about 20 bucks a day tho. Much appreciated if you can though, thanx Xeroc :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thank you @tbone :)

Yes, the software runs on tablets (html5, css3, reactjs). Most of our stuff is back-end, but pos system manufacturers also have App Stores where they can resell the BitShares POS App so having these features available, make it a no brainer for the buyer. Having it modular allows the customer to disable the features they won't use too.

Having our own hardware is way down the road (unless or market cap pops to a billion), right now I am focused on getting the react.js apps built that integrate with the pos software. Having it modular like this makes it a lot easier to integrate with these third party pos system apps like Odoo, Quickbooks etc. These systems will be sold at the Expo. Check out the details:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17314.0.html
Can we have a look at the existing backend code? I am quite curious to see and learn from your interface ...

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Well, the price as it sits right now is for the 2 days, but everything we have on there right now is tentative until we sign the actual contract with the facility and caterer (which we have not chosen yet). The ticket price is based on averages right now. Chris is helping with that part since he has some awesome connections in the University scene.

We were going to hold the Expo at a Hotel conference space, but we found that we can get a much better deal on a University auditorium since that University will also be a Sponsor and Exhibitor.

As for the ticket pricing itself, my thoughts now are that we will put the tickets up as a limited quantity UIA. This would allow the community to resell them at the best price they can get and in turn helps us with getting the word out. CoinTelegraph is helping out a TON in this area, but I am hoping we might spread the ticket sales profits across the community for those that want to help out, hence the UIA. At that point, I think we can leave it up to the scalper (er, I mean reseller) to sell them as either 1-day or 2-day passes.
www.PalmPay.chat