Author Topic: Commitee Proposal - Increase account creation fee to 95BTS  (Read 10764 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Please remove your votes from my commitee member, I am stepping down since it is a potential conflict of interest, and I do not want to be in that position. The vote has been successful, that is all thst counts.

+5% .. I like this.. not because I think you should remove yourself but because you are putting bitshares interests before your own. Well done... even though you are still voted in :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Please remove your votes from my commitee member, I am stepping down since it is a potential conflict of interest, and I do not want to be in that position. The vote has been successful, that is all thst counts.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline bytemaster

you vote for commitee members on your account page in the voting tab.
the commitee members make propsals to change stuff like fees etc... and vote on it.

But where is the final voting? On blockchain? What was the result of this voting? Details, details, details!

You can view the result of the voting here:

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/explorer/committee-members
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline noisy

the commitee members make propsals to change stuff like fees etc... and vote on it.

But where is the final voting? On blockchain? What was the result of this voting? Details, details, details!
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline JA

• View Profile
I am not sure, whether this is good place to ask, but could you guys explain how this voting works? I guess you are doing that by the wallet? Could anyone explain to the community how things like this actually happen. Screenshots would be useful! :)

Offline noisy

I am not sure, whether this is good place to ask, but could you guys explain how this voting works? I guess you are doing that by the wallet? Could anyone explain to the community how things like this actually happen. Screenshots would be useful! :)
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline Thom

I don't like these decisions on the spot at all. These things should have been thought and discussed previously.

This much I do agree with. However, given lack of detailed planning CNX has chosen not to do, but instead has chosen to go forward with the BitShares 2.0 rollout now, it's important to take the bull by the horns and pre-emptively stop irrepairable harm that may arise from a rapid and dramatic increase in the number of accounts, which directly corelates to VPS RAM requirements. The general model that has been discussed is the gradual increase of server resources in proportion to adoption and growth of actual users that broadcast transactions and trade on the network. These name speculators are imposing a rather high cost for infrastructure without coresponding revenue.

We cannot let that continue. I do agree this should have been addressed before release. This very issue surfaced shortly after 2.0 was announced in June where action was also taken. CNX didn't learn then from their mistake so now we have to deal with this issue again.

I haven't seen any evidence this attitude will infiltrate the minds at Cryptonomex anytime soon if at all. I hope they will start to learn, but I have seen nothing that gives me confidence they have yet.

So much is required to carry out a successful product launch, not just the technical implementation. With the lackluster response of the marketcap and the various posts I see here in the forum I sure hope we're not seeing history repeat itself for the long haul.

For now I remain optimistic. It's still very early. Unless Cryptonomex can start crossing tees and dotting eyes real soon we will begin to see the market settle into an overall negative response to 2.0. Should that happen it doesn't mean the demise of Cryptonomex. The team may become successful with other people handling all other aspects, relegating CNX to the primary role of technology innovators which they have clearly demonstrated. Perhaps not to the degree that Charles Hoskinson and acedemia expects, but adequate for industrial adoption and as a resume for consultation services, allowing the team to survive as a unit.

I truly hope Stan & Dan can see they have much to learn about rolling out new products, especially in this crypto space. So many details yet to be handled, and until they are it opens the door for bad press and negative reviews.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline topcandle

This is proposal change knock out openledger?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline theoretical

We will increase the fees today unless someone suggests otherwise.

Implemented.  An account creation fee increase to 9,500,000 satoshis (95 BTS) was proposed by init0 in block 55396, and was approved by all init accounts in block 55418.

The increase entered its review period at 14:20:00 UTC; no new signatures can be added after that time.  It will become finalized at 15:20:00 UTC; provided a majority of the committee members still approve of it at that time (it is possible for committee members to revoke their approval or be voted out during the review period), it will execute, causing the fee change to be scheduled for the next maintenance interval.  The change should actually go into effect at 16:00:00 UTC.

Until finalization occurs at 15:20:00 UTC, you can inspect the proposal object from the command line with the command:

Code: [Select]
    get_object 1.10.5

We eventually want to have a GUI for creating, approving, and inspecting proposals, and transition the committee from init accounts to community members.  We also eventually plan to increase the review period to two weeks, to allow the community time to have meaningful review of committee actions before they are implemented, and vote out any committee members who support proposals which might damage the network.

However experience with testnets has taught us that, until the network has been running smoothly for some time, it is good to have a short review period (currently 1 hour) to allow us to react more quickly to issues like this one as they arise.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline topcandle

I don't like these decisions on the spot at all. These things should have been thought and discussed previously. You can't through a plan for over a month and day one because some people register a lot of names you realize that maybe it wasn't a good plan after all and changing the fees like that on the spot.

So until everyone can Vote with their stake for such decisions I don't think you should change things and keep them as is..

I don't even know how much each name costs, what is premium name and which one no premium anymore since we keep changing our definition of things..

consider that it will burn more BTS.  There is a net benefit. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I don't like these decisions on the spot at all. These things should have been thought and discussed previously. You can't through a plan for over a month and day one because some people register a lot of names you realize that maybe it wasn't a good plan after all and changing the fees like that on the spot.

So until everyone can Vote with their stake for such decisions I don't think you should change things and keep them as is..

I don't even know how much each name costs, what is premium name and which one no premium anymore since we keep changing our definition of things..

Offline topcandle

I oppose to increase the fees at this point.

You call these people spammers but they might have other business objectives that may bring value to bts.

Have you thought that some people may want to register many names and then offer them in the future for free to new members attracting them to in the ecosystem by offering them their desired name?

Don't just make a decision because someone says so. Bring Vote or something and vote based on stake and don't change anything just yet when most people haven't even started to use the new bts2.

non-premium names have to include numbers or dots for example. so no, I don't think your argument has much value. unless your friends use all numbers in their nicks, and I guess than won't be a problem in the future

dots and dashes should be part of premium names

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Mindflux now has both a witness and a committee member.  Is this not frowned upon?

witnesses are the most active people at the moment, makes sense for them to be aware of problems and to try to fix them.

I agree that this is not the best solution for the future though

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I oppose to increase the fees at this point.

You call these people spammers but they might have other business objectives that may bring value to bts.

Have you thought that some people may want to register many names and then offer them in the future for free to new members attracting them to in the ecosystem by offering them their desired name?

Don't just make a decision because someone says so. Bring Vote or something and vote based on stake and don't change anything just yet when most people haven't even started to use the new bts2.

non-premium names have to include numbers or dots for example. so no, I don't think your argument has much value. unless your friends use all numbers in their nicks, and I guess than won't be a problem in the future