Author Topic: [DELEGATE PROPOSAL] >>> delegate.kencode <<< |||||||| ♥♥ PLEASE VOTE ♥♥ |||||||  (Read 31757 times)

Offline emailtooaj

You forgot my trips to Bermuda ;)

No worries, all the work I did and the work that the Devs I hired are still doing will be formally announced soon enough. It's better to complete these things than to announce and release them to the public half assed.
lol, that would certainly explain the silence
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
You forgot my trips to Bermuda ;)

No worries, all the work I did and the work that the Devs I hired are still doing will be formally announced soon enough. It's better to complete these things than to announce and release them to the public half assed.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline emailtooaj

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the whole point of your delegate to create a business with the pos systems that utilized bitshares to make you/your business money??  Was anything delivered? A prototype maybe? Weren't you integrating with oodoo or something?
Yea Ken, what the hell!  What you spend that 415,237 bts on with your delegate pay?  A flat screen tv,  a treadmill, or possibly a fancy dog house? 
DAMN IT...That was supposed to be used to pay for test equipment, developers, gui development, merchant literature, travel expenses, testers, state of the art ipad pos terminals and not to mention... Payment processor integration. 
So disappoint... I bet you spent all that bts on the fancy dog house didn't you.
You dirty dog you! [emoji12]
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the whole point of your delegate to create a business with the pos systems that utilized bitshares to make you/your business money??  Was anything delivered? A prototype maybe? Weren't you integrating with oodoo or something?

I made nowhere near enough money to complete the Odoo integration, BUT we are very close (before the end of this year it looks like as of this moment) to releasing a beta1 of something else that is PART of the (multiple) POS integrations.

I'm not going to give you any more details than that right now, I want this to be a surprise so that it has the maximum marketing effect when @Stan announces it.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

Is Kencode still being paid under BTS 2.0? I don't see a worker for him here: http://cryptofresh.com/workers

I have no income so my work has pretty much slowed to a crawl.

ditto. we're shutting down all bts operations and cutting our losses before they get out of hand.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Is Kencode still being paid under BTS 2.0? I don't see a worker for him here: http://cryptofresh.com/workers

I have no income so my work has pretty much slowed to a crawl.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Chronos

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I think about it like this. We are getting an awesome deal on the facility, will disclose more on that later via the Expo document.

If you have a party and invite 100 people and 30 people showed up, are you happy? Me too.

We are not totally set on the facility either as we do have a few choices. My goal is to aim as high as possible, but also not choose the facility that has a bunch of empty seats in it for obvious reasons.

Another really great selling point is how pro-crypto it has become here in Germany.

The Oktoberfest brings in 6 million visitors every year, so selling a few tickets to those people makes this easier for us too. If you take the time to travel to a new city, you probably want to invest as much of your time in education ops while you are there too. I am leveraging those numbers as well.

I have made a lot of connections with the Bitcoin community here too, so plan to start dropping seeds with those guys and gals as well. One of the most prominent Bitcoin guys (Michael) actually organizes Meetups with us so we are in pretty deep now with the Bitcoiners.

The BitShares POS systems are very attractive to the Bitcoiners as well, not just the BitShares ecosystem.

The thing I love about this is if everything goes well, you could have started a major cryptocurrency event in Europe, who has the potential to become the biggest or one of the biggest ones. That would attract lots of investors as most of the stuff I see seems to be on the USA.

Bingo 8)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Ken, you mentioned there will be 600 seats at the Expo. Do you know how many people attend major Bitcoin and cryptocurrency events? 600 would seem quite a lot for a Bitcoin event, let alone a BitShares one that doesn't have a tenth of exposure Bitcoin has. I love the idea of the Expo and it seems really ambitious, if you could pull that off I would be completely speechless and would be something major for BitShares. I don't want to discourage you at all, please continue with you work but I doubt you could reach even half of that.

Could you tell us more about on how you are aiming to achieve those numbers? Or how many people are you expecting to attend this event?

It seems to me that Bitcoin events through Europe are a little scarce. I feel sorry not having any near where I am so I really really hope you can pull this off.

May I suggest you could also promote Bitcoin? So that way it wouldn't be all about BitShares. Bitcoin would certainly get the attention of more people and then those same people would end up knowing about BitShares. I think that's a better approach.

For example: It's preferable to advertise it as a Bitcoin, BitShares and Cryptocurrency and/or how those technologies can change our current system than promoting it only as a Bitshares event. That way you could get for example 600 people who attend because it's a Bitcoin even but get exposure to BitShares, than promoting it as a BitShares only event who will only get around 50 people.

The thing I love about this is if everything goes well, you could have started a major cryptocurrency event in Europe, who has the potential to become the biggest or one of the biggest ones. That would attract lots of investors as most of the stuff I see seems to be on the USA.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I do what I can, where I can, with what I have to work with.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
My javascript is pretty rusty but I'm getting pretty good with react.js now.
Some stuff I dabble with: io.js, koa, socket.io
I'm also fluent in asp, sql, html, css, json and all the simple stuff of course.
learn somethin new every day.
what coding have you yourself done for bitshares that has a functional role already?
- I would never ask these questions if you didn't have a delegate - :) Overall I think the digital hiring model deserve extra due diligence.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:40:34 pm by delulo »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
My javascript is pretty rusty but I'm getting pretty good with react.js now.
Some stuff I dabble with: io.js, koa, socket.io
I'm also fluent in asp, sql, html, css, json and all the simple stuff of course.
learn somethin new every day.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
@kencode
wasn't aware of your coding skills... what programming languages do you speak fluently?
what functional code (something that fulfills a role somewhere today) have you written?