Author Topic: [DELEGATE PROPOSAL] >>> delegate.kencode <<< |||||||| ♥♥ PLEASE VOTE ♥♥ |||||||  (Read 31140 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
you could put the name of your own delegate in your slate .. that should work and essentially results in an "empty" slate

I have done that but would prefer a clean slate. That's why I asked ken as he was able to clean his.
the slate is a parameter of you publicData field:

wallet_account_update_registration <account_name> <pay_from_account> [public_data] [delegate_pay_rate]

just use {} as public data .. make sure to put your delegate_payrate as otherwise you may reduce your pay to zero unintentionally .. not sure ..

iHashFury

you could put the name of your own delegate in your slate .. that should work and essentially results in an "empty" slate

I have done that but would prefer a clean slate. That's why I asked ken as he was able to clean his.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

iHashFury

How can I remove my slate completely?

I am getting the following error unless I leave in one delegate

Code: [Select]
20040 invalid_slate: invalid slate
Cannot publish the null slate!
    {}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:1918 publish_slate

{"account_to_publish_under":"delegate.ihashfury","account_to_pay_with":"delegate.ihashfury","sign":true}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:1962 publish_slate

{}
    th_a  common_api_client.cpp:5922 wallet_publish_slate

{"command":"wallet_publish_slate"}
    th_a  cli.cpp:626 execute_command

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Crypto Coaching schedules & activities now being uploaded to our new Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BitSharesMunich) so please Like and Share --thank you! :)

and retweeters: https://twitter.com/kenCode_de/status/627885966401929216
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
We got the new video up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZw950LCifY&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7T2LvQ5VQVm5zbiXYXsEsbp&index=3
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, LIKE AND SHARE!

The BitShares POS project is now underway!! 8)
Now hiring - I need some help with the api...
@Monsterer ?
@Roadscape ?
Other qualified Devs?

I have the designated Odoo Developer ready to work with us and I am building a relationship with the ShopKeep Devs too. All we need now is to get the BitShares POS api connected to their UI's...
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17314.msg226407.html#msg226407
www.PalmPay.chat

iHashFury

I am just trying to understand the DPOS system by watching who and how delegates are voted in and why.

No apologies needed.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Not too many Delegates use the slate anymore I see. It's probably for the same reason I quit using it too, war doesn't solve problems, hard work does. I can still vote without publishing a slate. My opinions about others are my own, please respect that :)
I assume that's what you meant, if not, I apologize.
www.PalmPay.chat

iHashFury

Ken, great work promoting bitshares.  +5%

Is there a reason why you have stopped publishing a slate?

Thank you @iHashFury :)

Yeah, I pulled my slate because out of the 20 or so names I had on there, I wanted to downvote one of them. When I did that, the slate no longer showed his name, he would see that and start another war with me so I just pulled the whole thing to avoid the war.

Just a thought, but did you ever think the other 19 names could stop voting for you?

iHashFury

If all delegates used xeroc's slate system of trust, voting would be a lot more interesting!
As a remark to iHashFury's comment here. I am almost certain he does NOT mean to use my set of slates but the script that can make your live easier maintaining your slate:
https://github.com/xeroc/bitshares-pytools/tree/master/delegate-slate

Yes, the slate script.

Sorry for the confusion

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
If all delegates used xeroc's slate system of trust, voting would be a lot more interesting!
As a remark to iHashFury's comment here. I am almost certain he does NOT mean to use my set of slates but the script that can make your live easier maintaining your slate:
https://github.com/xeroc/bitshares-pytools/tree/master/delegate-slate

iHashFury

Ken, great work promoting bitshares.  +5%

Is there a reason why you have stopped publishing a slate?

Thank you @iHashFury :)

Yeah, I pulled my slate because out of the 20 or so names I had on there, I wanted to downvote one of them. When I did that, the slate no longer showed his name, he would see that and start another war with me so I just pulled the whole thing to avoid the war.

Thanks for the honest reply but as a trusted 100% delegate your slate is now much more benefit to new users.

Your slate/trust/opinion is now more important than before.

If all delegates used xeroc's script system (https://github.com/xeroc/bitshares-pytools/tree/master/delegate-slate) of trust, voting would be a lot more interesting!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:46:24 pm by iHashFury »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
What's gonna happen to slates in 2.0?
Not sure. But people can hand-over voting power to trusted-third party!

Can I vote for Workers, Delegates, or Witnesses privately or publicly, separately?
put your funds in an unknown pseudonym and vote with that one instead.

So like if latency gets too high, or someone is missing blocks consistently, will the algo start bumping those guys down in rank so that they can be replaced with higher quality nodes etc?
Not in the beginning. Maybe later when shareholders vote for such a protocol upgrade

It would be cool if the algo could even choose nodes that are geographically further apart too via their class c or something.
The addresses of the witnesses are unknown as we are operating in a P2P network

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
What's gonna happen to slates in 2.0?
Can I vote for Workers, Delegates, or Witnesses privately or publicly, separately?
So like if latency gets too high, or someone is missing blocks consistently, will the algo start bumping those guys down in rank so that they can be replaced with higher quality nodes etc? It would be cool if the algo could even choose nodes that are geographically further apart too via their class c or something.
www.PalmPay.chat