Author Topic: e-mail to my favourite Artists inviting them to join Peertracks  (Read 7561 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Maybe everyone can do the same for the bands they like?  Hopefully some will check out Peertracks and sign up!  I'll keep sending out the e-mail especially if I encounter a new artist....

If I would be an artist and finally checked the www.peertracks.com site I would honestly not have a clue on what is going on**...
so I would not subscribe yet...

** I mean it is full of promises but without explaining how exactly it will work...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 02:27:03 pm by liondani »

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Ok so I've sent an e-mail to 14 bands i like titled Music Revolution;

lyves
Amy Rose
EMBRZ / Jack Casey
Aaron Static
Mike Hennessy
Thylacine
Abdomen Burst
Approaching Nirvana
Blackmill
Direct
Hiatus
Hybrid Minds
Parra for Cuva
Shockline

Maybe everyone can do the same for the bands they like?  Hopefully some will check out Peertracks and sign up!  I'll keep sending out the e-mail especially if I encounter a new artist....

Offline joele

• View Profile
Also, another way to tell about it is multiple message from different users to their twitter.
With one message template so it will trend.

Just my 2cents

Great idea joele.  Something like;

Redifine music production @Peertracks #Music Revolution
Music p2p for the people & by the people @Peertracks #Music Revolution
Join the music revolution @Peertracks #Music Revolution
Make Music @Peertracks #Music Revolution

+5%
and include the @Artist_Name_Tag so they can get informed.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Also, another way to tell about it is multiple message from different users to their twitter.

Just my 2cents

Great idea joele.  Something like;

Redifine music production @Peertracks #Music Revolution
Music p2p for the people & by the people @Peertracks #Music Revolution
Join the music revolution @Peertracks #Music Revolution
Making Music @Peertracks #Music Revolution

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:51:59 am by Ben Mason »

Offline joele

• View Profile

Just my 2cents

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Maybe Jay-z beyonce and the other artists which startup their itunes competition software should take a hardlook at this and see if they want to become major stakeholders.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Thanks for the template. Terrific initiative! Does anyone know whether an artist signing up for this would run afoul of the contracts with their labels or producers? I'm sure Eddie knows what he's doing, so it's probably fine, but I'm just thinking about all that exclusive representation stuff. And I mention it because if we hear anything like that as an objection, I'd like to know how to respond.

Tuck Fheman

Wohoo .. awesome initiative ...
This may be a good thing to approach even small bands like this. . +5%

+5% we've been doing that in Houston for some time now. I was raised by a garage band, so it makes it easier.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Thanks guys!  I've updated the e-mail... 

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Peertracks is for Music, what bitcoin is for money !

Put it somewhere between the lines so your readers have a quick feeling what you are talking about  ;)

example:

"As such, I was hoping you might be interested in signing up to Peetracks (Peertracks is for Music, what bitcoin is for money!) in the interest of furthering the potential reach of your wor...."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:03:14 pm by liondani »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wohoo .. awesome initiative ...
This may be a good thing to approach even small bands like this. . +5%

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
I listen to a lot of music and it occurred to me that I'm incentivized by the existence of Peertracks, to help the Artists I love to join a platform that will help them produce more of their music.  Yes I also have some notes, but I'm far more interested in the revolution in music production that Peertracks promises for the music itself.  Anyway, I've written this e-mail for review and I'd like to know if I have the approval of our communities (and especially Cob) to send it to all my favorite Artists if I can find their e-mail address.  I'll make a list of those that I send it to.  I'd like to keep it in my own words because that is more genuine, but please feel free to make a suggestion if you think it's more accurate or clearer and i'll consider making a change.  Also, if we all tried to write to our favorite artists (only once,) surely it's possible for something amazing to happen?!

Dear xxxxx

You don't know me personally but I am a huge fan of your music.  As such, I was hoping you might be interested in signing up to Peetracks which may be able to increase the reach of your work and help you acquire funding for your future projects.  We are in the midst of a crowdfunding revolution and Peertracks taps into that amongst other things.

Peertracks is an innovative web based music platform which is powered by Bitshares blockchain technology and does for music what Bitcoin has done for money.  It revolutionizes the discovery, distribution and remuneration for artists by incentivizing music fans to become swarms of talent scouts, enabling fans to fund and market artist's projects.  This platform delivers far more in the way of potential remuneration than traditional mechanisms which are fraught with middlemen and monopolies.

I think this is such a wonderful prospect for music in general, artists & fans, I've written this e-mail and intend to send it to all of my favourite artists in an effort to grow the platform.

If I have piqued your interest, please take a look at http://peertracks.com/

I hope to be able to purchase your Artistcoins soon!

Yours sincerely,

Ben.
benmason77@gmail.com

Ben Mason in the Bitshares forum
https://bitsharestalk.org

Updated e-mail

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:23:23 pm by Ben Mason »