Author Topic: BitShares needs a professional SEO/SEP Delegate... oh, and WHALES.  (Read 21565 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I shouldn't have to pay a website designer too. Or an seo/sep person.

Even if my ideas were loved by the community here and the Polls I post result in a unanimous decision, it's still up to one or two guys in virginia to make the decisions, right?

The shareholders here have NO voting power and they have no say in what gets coded in, that's a fact.
I'm trying to fix things guys, but ultimately, we are all powerless to their control. That is not good.

When will things change?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline EstefanTT

I have to admit that I totally agree with Ken...

Of course that is not the main objective of BitShares right now...
BitShares will give an answer to many many people as for crypto... But if no one knows that it will, it won't serve its purpose.
I mean like any products, "need" has to be created to fulfill it, coding is a thing, marketing another... But they have to work together... The image we give is important, we need to show that we are all moving together forward...
Tell everyone "hey guys... here we come..." and that is a community effort!!!!
And not saying " oh geez it's going down again"... It is going down because some of us let it go down ;) Just a little action by everyone of us will make a big difference in the end !

Cheers

+5% +5%
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline JA

• View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank you Data, fav and mangou007 - It's because of people like you that BitShares succeeds, I can't thank you guys enough for all of your support.
Oh and Data, thanx for the laugh, I needed that too :)

Now stop humping the giant laser and get back to it! ;)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mangou007

I have to admit that I totally agree with Ken...

Of course that is not the main objective of BitShares right now...
BitShares will give an answer to many many people as for crypto... But if no one knows that it will, it won't serve its purpose.
I mean like any products, "need" has to be created to fulfill it, coding is a thing, marketing another... But they have to work together... The image we give is important, we need to show that we are all moving together forward...
Tell everyone "hey guys... here we come..." and that is a community effort!!!!
And not saying " oh geez it's going down again"... It is going down because some of us let it go down ;) Just a little action by everyone of us will make a big difference in the end !

Cheers
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone de BitShares
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares French gateway
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just asking the rhetorical question, what will you do for BitShares today? And tomorrow? Sunday? How about Tuesday?

Since we're all HR too - be careful not to burn out. I'd suggest you take a day or two off.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

We're all PR Agents.
We're all customer service reps.
We all have at least 1 skill that can benefit BitShares.

There are currently 449 delegates (paid or not) that are required to provide a service to BitShares.
http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates

There are hundreds and hundreds of other people in this community that can bring something to BitShares.

I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just asking the rhetorical question, what will you do for BitShares today? And tomorrow? Sunday? How about Tuesday?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
We're all PR Agents.
We're all customer service reps.
We all have at least 1 skill that can benefit BitShares.

There are currently 449 delegates (paid or not) that are required to provide a service to BitShares.
http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegates

There are hundreds and hundreds of other people in this community that can bring something to BitShares.

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
What ever happened to Baozou, I thought he was PR manager?

the Core Developers would like to appoint DACx, a cornerstone business of the Bitshares ecosystem founded by Mr. James Gong (aka. Baozou) that could bring us to a place where we could only have dreamed of, as the official spokesman (the “Spokesman”) on behalf of the Core Developers to take over the PR initiative. Bytemaster and the other Core Developers will accordingly be cooperating with this PR initiative moving forward and defer to the Spokesman in any PR matters.

https://github.com/bytemaster/bytemaster.github.io/commit/0a75b983a8d7eb0c54fb8ffbb757b603a7022ae4

Or maybe it was a joke?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16350.0.html is a good start for questions :D

julian1

What ever happened to Baozou, I thought he was PR manager?

the Core Developers would like to appoint DACx, a cornerstone business of the Bitshares ecosystem founded by Mr. James Gong (aka. Baozou) that could bring us to a place where we could only have dreamed of, as the official spokesman (the “Spokesman”) on behalf of the Core Developers to take over the PR initiative. Bytemaster and the other Core Developers will accordingly be cooperating with this PR initiative moving forward and defer to the Spokesman in any PR matters.

https://github.com/bytemaster/bytemaster.github.io/commit/0a75b983a8d7eb0c54fb8ffbb757b603a7022ae4

Or maybe it was a joke?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I apologize for my pushy-sounding tone yesterday, I was extremely aggravated that I have to grab so many by the earlobe just to get them to help our cause here. The amount of money I am spending is trivial compared to what we'll all make if we work hard though, so, I work hard.

The comment directed at BM was more or less me trying to convey to the community that we don't need a leader. If Dan is a coder, let him code and leave him alone. We can verify his efforts on github. Bother the web guy for web stuff, the tech support people for tech support, etc.

Delegates (paid or not) should be REQUIRED to complete their Public Data and publish it (services, link to forum profile, link to delegate proposal, country code, etc (http://i.imgur.com/CXQ3uOz.png)). The DAR is my attempt to shed some light on the need for this. Employees will become very very lazy if they are not driven by the shareholders, I promise you that. There's currently 449 Delegates. Seriously, 449! I want to verify what each of the company employees are up to, don't you? Shareholders here actually have a say in the matter, this is epic!

After the poop kid incident yesterday and I watched all of our hard work come to a grinding halt, well, I'd had enough for the day and actually went for a walk to cool off.

I hope my investments here pay off, we all do. It appears that we have 449 delegates (it doesn't matter if they're paid yet or not). How many hundreds of others here are not running for delegate? I mean, that's hundreds and hundreds of people who have skills to contribute, so wtf? Ok, enough rant, I'll stop right there. I know you guys get my point.

Please help me re-light the fires around here, please. ???
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

in this particular case this  is ...just the next crook (in my opinion)

"crook"?  how so?

FWIW, that claim would hold much more weight posted under your main account. Making such claims under a new account, not so much ... it comes across as FUD.

afaict, Ken's just trying to create value for his investment. Reading between the lines over the past few months, to me it seems he needs to cash out some of it now at a profit (best guess) or he simply hopes to return BTS to his purchase price soon to make him (and other interested parties, family for instance) feel better about the investment Ken has made (to justify it, I believe were his words long ago).

Then again, I'm drinking way to much BitShares Kool-Aid spiked with JD and I could be way off with that assessment.

Back to Ken's thread!

zerosum

Bytemaster replied to my PM saying that Bitshares.org will be getting re-worked with some additional content in the not to distant future. He accepted my offer to help with the optimization once they've done that.

Those kind of replies are all too common. Please have BM clarify exactly *who* has been assigned to the task of redesigning the website, *who* is the expert assigned to the seo/sep, *what* exactly (details) will be done to the ui/ux and by *when* it will be completed and posted online for approval by the community before its launch.

I do not have time for word games so please have him report on these details, thank you @profitofthegods :)

While I do admire your energy (specifically I like you 'desire to thank everybody who voted for you in a separate post' gig)

I have one question.
Who exactly appointed you to the  "All should respond/report to me and should be held accountable by me" position?

Just curious?

Perhaps the utter and complete lack of leadership on the project outside of the development team leaves such a vacuum that poor Ken was sucked into that void. 

If someone chooses to not listen to Ken then nothing changes. 

This place needs at least one community motivator.

While I agree in principle, in this particular case this  is ...just the next crook (in my opinion)...but only time will tell... I do wish I am wrong for once, doe....

38PTSWarrior

Wherever, but what i hope for is a better ranking. I wish that the blade of rost will take me to higher grounds and not bury me.